Chapter 3

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"Ugh, it's his fourth birthday as an idol and no one still wanted to celebrate it with him."

I tilted my head to look at the female staff, who introduced herself as Doyeon earlier, when she said those. She was leaning her back against the sink while watching me washing my handkerchief, then wiping it on my skirt in attempt to remove the wet coffee stain on it.

"No one celebrates his birthday with him?"

Doyeon snickered. "With that attitude? Who wants to be with a man who has an attitude of a woman in her PMS?"

I was about to say something when the comfort room door opened, another female staff entered. "Y/n, the spilled coffee in the dressing room." Soomi then informed right after her eyes found me.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I grabbed the rag I saw on the sink and gave it a wash. "No one actually cleaned it?"

"Someone tried to. But Baekhyun insisted that you should do it and even told the janitor to keep the mops. Gosh, he's starting again. If I were you, girl. I'd leave the job while I'm still alive."

I giggled. "I've promised myself to never quit this job. The salary is insane!"

"Yeah right. All for the money."

We exited the comfort room together, still conversing comfortably not until we spotted Baekhyun waiting outside the dressing room. Doyeon and Soomi stops for awhile and whispered to me their goodlucks before going separate ways, leaving me alone.

I gulped the lump in my throat before walking towards Baekhyun.

"Aren't you supposed to be rehearsing by now?" I asked, trying not to stutter and to have any eye contact with him.

"I want to see you clean the floor."

This scum- if only I don't love you, I could've strangled you right now especially that no one is around. I ignored him and walked pass to enter the dressing room.

The door was wide open and Baekhyun was leaning against the doorway as I crouched down in front of the big coffee puddle. At first, I didn't know how to start and remained staring down on the dark liquid. Ah, whatever. I thought to myself and started wiping the spilled coffee using the rag.

Baekhyun left when I was halfway done. As I watch him walk away, I realized something. His eyes, they were lonely and kinda sad since he picked me up this morning. It is something I failed to notice at the first few moments we're together. But when Doyeon's words came flashing back my mind, the one about no one celebrating his birthday with him. That's when I saw how lonely he looked under those sweet stares to his fans earlier, and to the irritated glare he gave me.

I eventually regretted thinking about strangling him.

Now that I've think about it, he's only rude to his managers because of something that happened in the past. As what Youngjin said, there's a backstory as to why. Baekhyun isn't rude, it was a cover up to show rebellion to someone who messed up what's on his seemingly happy past.

Right after I finished cleaning the floor. I left the venue and found out that Baekhyun had left to go back at SM for rehearsals. I may not know him that deep now that I know he's not just a sweet Baekhyun on stage but also a rude person off stage, he still deserve to be greeted for his birthday. A greeting that personally comes from someone and not from his fans from a distance.

I waited beside his car for about half an hour and when I saw him exiting the building, I quickly lit up the candles and stood straight despite my aching feet because of my shoes. I had the cake on my palms and stretched my lips for a smile as soon as he saw me.

"What are you doing?"

"Happy birthday, Baekhyun!" I said in a shy but trying to be cheerful voice, then grinned. "I found out that no one celebrates your birthday with you. Well except for your fans. I mean... You know?"

He lifts a brow. "I don't need your pity."

"Aish. Just blow the candle so I can go home already." I stomped my feet in slight annoyance. "At least someone had the heart to greet you. I could see that no one actually greeted you at the venue and even in SM."

He blinks his eyes at me. The smug expression he had was flickering into a sad one but even before I could have a longer look at it, Baekhyun avoids my eyes and looks down. Only to see my coffee-stained skirt. He sighs silently before leaning closer and blowing the fire burning on the top of the candle.

"Happy birthday once again, Baekhyun." I smiled at him and used the hood of his car as a table so I could properly place the cake back in its box. "I'll get going."

"Wait, where are you bringing that?" he points to the box of cake I'm holding.

"I'm bringing this home. I assume you don't want to take this since it came from me." I shrugged. "I know you don't like me. But to tell you, I won't quit my job as your manager. No matter how many coffees you spill and floors I will clean." I lifted my chin up to show him that I'm confident and persistent to stay in this job, willing to endure his rudeness.

"I'm glad you know I don't like you. But the cake stays." he grabs the box, surprising me.

"You could just tell me you're touched that I'm the only one who personally greeted you."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and opens his car door to place the box of cake on the passenger's seat. Then he turned to take the driver's seat and left without any word.

He might not admit it but I know I touched his heart with my simple greeting. Baekhyun is a soft-hearted man, I know it. I just know it. Whatever is this backstory of why he's rude to his managers, I will find it out and fix him so he don't have to cover his true self; a sweet Baekhyun. That's my new mission! From now on, I won't be just his manager and secret caring fairy, but I'm going to be the one who'll fix his heart too and bring back that softie him.

But first, how am I going to go home?

----

Later that night, I celebrated Baekhyun's birthday in my room. Since he took the cake from me, I bought another one just so I could held a little celebration alone- Oh, I forgot I'm not alone. I'm with his posters.

I captured a picture of the cake and posted it on my fan account with a sweet birthday greeting and then tagging Baekhyun's twitter account. Since I'm a big account, it easily gained likes and retweets. The tweet was flooded by fans' own greetings for Baekhyun and some thanked me for celebrating it.

@Hundred_B: wow. Thanks for celebrating Baekhyun's birthday! ^^

Oh, my favorite follower. She's always there to like and retweet my tweets. She also wouldn't miss any of it and make sure she always had a comment even on my not Baekhyun-related tweets. That's what makes her my favorite.

Not even a minute after I tweeted, a notification bar popped up. Saying that Baekhyun has a new tweet so I quickly pressed on that tab and was lead to this new tweet of him. Only to see that he had posted a picture of the cake I bought for him!

@B_hundred_Hyun: thank you my Eris! ^^ I had a good birthday for this year, hoping for more happy birthdays with you to come!

My heart melted. Told you! I touched his heart with my greeting.

That very night, before I fell asleep, I had a huge smile on my face while thinking about Baekhyun and his tweet of the cake- my cake. My mission is progressing for a little bit and that's a good start.

With the knowledge of what being an idol's manager really is, I'm now wearing simple and comfortable casual clothes. Also, I know the way to SM Entertainment now. Pretty soon, I'll get used to this job and everything will be smooth.

I skipped my way towards the building, cheerfully greeting some staffs along the way. I'm in a good mood and that's because of Baekhyun's tweet. The security guard had widened eyes when he saw me approaching the entrance where he's standing.

"Are you here to tell the CEO you're quitting?" he asked as soon as I stood right in front of him.

Flipping my hair in the air confidently, I asnwered, "No. I'm here because I'm Baekhyun's manager."

"Wow." he whistles in pure amusement. "You lasted a day. I shall honor you! Please enter." he did a pose like he's welcoming a royalty. I giggled at his antics before thanking him walking inside the building.

Leaping on my way, I'd greet staffs and they'd greet back awkwardly because no one knows me here of course. I'm just so energetic and hyper that I feel like greeting everyone I see even if they're not in the mood.

"Oh, there's our little manager!"

Gasping, I turned around when I heard someone familiar speaking behind me. It was Sehun! I stopped skipping and waited for him until he's standing beside me.

I faked a glare at him. "I'm not little."

"You are little." he placed a palm on the crown of my head and slowly moved it away from me and towards himself, stopping on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter