Chapter 44

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"You are a fast learner." Sehun compliments as he relaxed on his seat while keeping his eyes on the road. "I expected that I'd be screaming all the time, telling you to not go so fast."

"I think you underestimated my ability to learn, teacher Oh."

"I told you to stop calling me to that." he whines. "And I never underestimated your ability to learn, I have trust in you too."

"Thank you, it's motivating me."

It was a smooth drive when the car suddenly shook, slightly throwing us forward. I stepped on the gas and though the engine roared, the car still won't move.

"Push the gas, Y/n." Sehun instructed.

"I am pushing, Sehun." I repeated my action but to no avail, we stilled on the same spot.

Sehun rolls the window down and peeked his head out. "I'm gonna go check." he goes out and walked to the back of the car while I'm eyeing him through the rearview mirror.

"It's stuck in the mud!" he yells from outside. Whimpering with a frown, I slumped my head on the steering wheel. Baekhyun won't kill me for getting his car stuck in a mud, right? He likes me anyway and couldn't bring himself to be mad at me these days no matter how much I try to annoy him. Though the idea of taking the van to work seems to make him feel less comfortable, now that we're flirting he does want privacy when he's with me.

Sehun went to my side and I rolled the window to ask, "What are we going to do?"

"I'll push the car while you do the thing." I nodded my head and Sehun retreated to the back of the car. From the rearview mirror, I waited for his cue and once I saw him raising his thumb, I pushed the gas. It took a least a minute before the car moved forward, much to my surprise.

"Sehunie, we did it!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air to show how happy I am. Sehun not celebrating with me feels weird, so when I tilted my head to check on him I couldn't help but scream. He was covered in mud all the way to his face and down to his shirt.

He obviously isn't happy with it as he kept his eyes closed to avoid getting mud in them and his arms were hanging lifelessly beside him. I took a generous amount of paper towel with me before climbing out of the vehicle to check on him closer. "I don't think you can enter the car for now." I said, wiping the mud covering his eyes so he could open them.

Sehun exhales.

"But we can go back. We passed by a lake earlier, you can wash up there. And I can practice making a U turn along the way." I grinned in attempt to ease him. "I'm sorry, Sehun. I-"

I was caught off guard when he suddenly wiped his mud-filled hand right on my face!

"Sehun-ah!" he only burst out laughing as a respond to that.

"Now go and drive yourself back to the lake you spotted. I'll be walking behind you since I'm really covered in mud and didn't want Baekhyun hyung to go crazy." he pushes me back to the driver's seat. "This time, you'll be learning to control the speed. Make it slow that I could catch up with you. Remember, I'm walking."

"Okay."

I did a perfect turn, too much for a first timer and without my guide beside me. Sehun cheers from outside the car and I smiled at him through the mirror. "You're doing great, Tink! Keep it up."

With a slow pace and Sehun tailing behind, I managed to drive back to the lake we saw earlier. Sehun immediately ran towards the little pier as I was parking the car. When I got out, I suddenly remember Baekhyun's things that were left in the trunk. Since he's been rehearsing these days, I'd always insist to bring some extra clothes for him to change into when he gets too sweaty.

Maybe Sehun could borrow some.

I went into the back of the car and opened the trunk when I heard a loud splash of water. I whipped my head to the direction of the lake and saw Sehun happily swimming away from the pier. It's making me feel relieved to see Sehun enjoying something out of his schedules as an idol, it almost felt like he's just a normal person today who wants to help his friend to learn how to drive a car.

A shirt and sweatpants, that's what I got for Sehun to borrow before following him to the lake. I went straight to the pier to get closer to Sehun without touching the water and sat down, dangling my legs on the edge and watch Sehun emerge from the water.

"You might want to wash your face a bit." he cackles as he swam closer for me to hear him.

"Why? Do I have mud on my face?"

He nodded. "A little."

"Okay, move away." I flicked my hand, gesturing for him to distance himself from me. Then I brought my legs back, so I could bend over the water and reach my hand to it. "I'm going to..."

The next thing happened so fast that I swear my life flashed before my eyes. I couldn't scream for help as water started filling my lungs, my arms briskly moved in attempt to swim my way up though I really can't see the way, my eyes were tightly closed out of fear. Just when I thought I was going to drown, I felt a strong hold around my waist and a pull towards the light above the water.

I got out with a loud gasp, deep breaths immediately following after as soon as I know I could breathe some air. I whimpered in discomfort, moved closer towards Sehun and encircled my arms around his neck, too scared to sink down once again.

"It's okay, you're okay. I got you." he tightened his grip on my hips. "You don't know how to swim, don't you?"

"I know how to swim!" I splashed some water into his face and he tilted his head away to avoid them. "I was just surprised, I didn't see that coming."

"Okay, I'm going to pretend I didn't see you almost drowning."

When I rolled my eyes at him, he loosened his hands on my hips and I started sinking, making me panic. "Oh Sehun!!" I wrapped my arms on his neck and legs around his torso. "I do know how to swim but not to keep myself afloat."

Sehun only stared at me while I was complaining how he shouldn't joke about playfully letting me go and that if I drown and die right now, I'm haunting him in his dreams and everywhere, forever, and I swear to that. But seems like he's taking it as a joke as he had this annoying slight smirk while listening to my rants.

"Now I have to dry myself before getting into the car." Sehun woke up from whatever he's daydreaming about when I flicked my fingers on his forehead. "Help me up, let's start waiting for ourselves to dry before changing into Baekhyun's clothes."

----

Sehun parked the car right where Baekhyun usually does.

"Thanks for today, Sehunie. I learned a lot and I think I'll pass the driving test right away." I giggled as I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Once I get the license, I'll be taking the driving task so Baekhyun won't have to be extra tired everyday."

"Suit yourself, you're his manager anyway." he pats my head as another way to say I did a job well done. "I need to get going, Chanyeol and I still have plans."

We got off the car together and as soon as I'm out, the first thing that I have to see is Baekhyun standing at the entrance of the parking lot. He was smiling at me, but it didn't last long when his eyes noticed the shirt I was wearing.

"Should I say goodbye?" Sehun whispered after seeing the change in Baekhyun's expression. "He must've seen the mud on his car."

"I'll be taking care of it, just go."

He squeezed my shoulder for the last time before running to his car, parked across Baekhyun's. I waited for Sehun to completely leave the place before walking up to Baekhyun.

"I can explain about the mud, you know we went to practice-"

"Save that." he coldly cuts me off and turns around go inside the building.

I couldn't speak once we got into the elevator. He must be so mad that I can see it even when I'm standing behind him. Baekhyun never said a word when the doors opened after reaching our floor, so I quietly followed instead, thinking about where should I start explaining.

He went straight to my door, entered my password and walked into my apartment.

"You're wearing my shirt." he started, hands slumping down on the either sides of his waist. So it wasn't the mud on his car that's making him mad and thought that Sehun and I did something other than driving lessons. My man sure is something else.

Knowing how to pacify him when he's jealous, I casually answered, "I had my clothes wet at the lake."

"Lake?" he looks back at me. "What the hell were you doing at the lake? There's no way my car turned into a submarine and Sehun taught you how to drive it underwater."

"I accidentally got your car stuck in a mud and Sehun only tried to help. I ended up getting him dirty, so I thought he should wash up at the lake we saw."

"Then why are you wearing my shirt?"

"Sehun thought it would be funny to get his revenge for covering him with mud and wiped some on me." I was trying to explain calmly as possible, not wanting to fight with him. "And I fell on the lake when I tried to wash my face. Of course I'd change, I don't want to go home dripping wet."

Baekhyun scoffed, spinning around and was about to leave but I managed to grab his hand. "Please don't be mad, hm?" he said nothing, pulled away from my grip and continued on his way out.

I tried to catch up with him, calling his name. "Baekhyunie." but I only got a slam of my door as a respond.

Maybe I should just let his jealousy subside a bit before talking about what really happened earlier with Sehun. Baekhyun might sometimes have a hard time listening to the other side of the story when his mind is clouded with anger and if he have something to say, his straightforwardness along with it may catch you off guard. While it makes him sound scary and cold-hearted, I know him better than anyone else and he's far from that.

I washed up and changed into my pyjamas before heading to his apartment. In case he's still upset to talk to me, I pressed his doorbell and went in after waiting for his response but received nothing. He wasn't in the living room and both kitchen and bathroom are hushed, so I proceeded to his bedroom.

"Baekhyun?" I peeked through the small crack I made and I immediately let out a soft sigh when I saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter