Chapter 29

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"Y/n-sii!" I could hear the online concert director calling for me as I marched my way out of the venue after exiting the stage in the most improper way to do so. "Baekhyun's-"

"I said I didn't want to be there! How hard was it to understand that Baekhyun and I were currently not in good terms and I don't need that damn antics for reconciliation!" I snapped right after turning around to face him. He was frozen, seeing my tear-stained face and constant sobbing. "Why is it that no one is listening to me?!" I then let out a frustrated scream and pulled my own hair before crouching down and cried even harder.

I'm frustrated that people don't listen to me, they don't take me seriously. Do I look like kidding all the time? It that I couldn't say what I really feel about a situation just because every time I try to, my tongue would twist itself and doesn't seem to allow me to speak out.

And I think the only reason why Baekhyun yelling and swearing at me is the most traumatizing, for he's the least I expected for someone to do that to me. We've fought before, yes and a lot, but he knew his limitations right after knowing that I'm his fan and he never, ever wanted to hurt a fan's feelings. I lowered my guard because of that and because I trust and love him, I never thought he would actually cross the line.

Some staffs started gathering around to watch me cry. They looked like they wanted to help but also don't want to stick their noses into this.

"Excuse me everyone. Please go back to your work, the concert is on going." hearing Chanyeol's voice and the fading footsteps of those staffs gathering, relieved me.

I felt a hand running up and down my back gently. "Hey, Tink. Calm down now." I lifted up my head to look at the person and immediately saw Sehun. He offered a hand and I quickly held on to it, he then pulls me up and intertwines our hands, the way I should hold onto him when I'd feel things that is hurting me. "It's okay, I'm here and I'm listening to you."

I closed the distance in between our bodies and pressed my face on his chest. "I didn't want those," I cried, gasping as I sob. "I didn't want to join him on stage and watch him to sing one of favorite songs in front of me, I didn't like the kiss he planted on the back of my hand." I continued sobbing while Sehun's other hand kept caressing my back as a form of comfort.

"I just want him to apologize for cursing at me."

Sehun must've been taken aback by that when his hand stopped on the small of my back and his body tensed against mine.

"He... What?" Chanyeol asked.

I couldn't see what really is Chanyeol's reaction to that but from the tone of his voice, he's obviously displeased upon knowing what his friend really did to me.

"Hyung..." I felt Sehun's head slowly shaking above mine and Chanyeol's loud sigh followed after.

"Let's get her home."

I was on the backseat, looking down on my thighs. Chanyeol's the one driving while Sehun would check on me through the rearview mirror every minute since we got into this car.

"Y/n, why didn't you tell us that he did that to you?" Chanyeol suddenly spoke after a long silence in between us all. "You only told us that he took Jian's side. We thought it's just one of your usual petty fights that everybody sees everyday."

"I don't want you to resent him for that. He's your friend longer than I became your friend."

"But that doesn't mean we're just going to stand and watch him curse at you. We will never tolerate such act from him just because he can't control his mouth when he's angry." Chanyeol glances at me through the mirror. "What else did he said to you?"

I looked outside the window to avoid his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it..."

"I will respect that, because I'm listening to you. But next time, don't hesitate to tell either me or Sehun if Baekhyun does the same thing again."

As I nod my head, I could feel warmness spreading across my heart after hearing those from Chanyeol.

We reached the apartment building not long after. I told Sehun and Chanyeol to stay inside the car and let me leave on my own.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come with you all the way to your unit?" Sehun asked before I could open the car door.

"I'm fine. We have to be cautious since there are times sasaengs are waiting around his apartment. I don't want rumors about you two to spread." I smiled at him a little. "Ah, by the way, my phone... I left it on the table used for his stage."

"He's got it." Chanyeol answers, waving his phone that shows his conversation with Baekhyun. "He said he'll leave it in his apartment's living room and he'd be out for you to get it."

"I didn't know he could be considerate with her not wanting to see him." Sehun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol and the latter gave him a playful, knowing look as a respond. And then they both did a creepy laugh as if they are those villains in a kids' movies.

I scoffed, "Whatever. Can't he just leave it in front of my door?"

"That'll be weird, babe. Someone might stole your phone, it contains some information about his schedules, right?" I pushed my bottom lip for a pout, admitting defeat against Chanyeol. "He will press your doorbell as a signal that he had stepped out for you to get your phone in his place."

"Okay, thanks. You guys are the best" I cracked a smile at SeChan for the last time before opening the door and climbing out of the car.

I waved a hand at them as they drove away from me, before I started making my way inside the building.

----

It has been hours and I just woke up from a nap when I heard my doorbell ringing. The signal... I hastily left the bed, throw on a cardigan before approaching the door.

Chanyeol instructed me to wait for a minute after the signal and then I'm good to go. I stood at the door, internally counting and once it reached 60 seconds, I opened the door without thinking too much about what's awaiting on the other side and peeked my head out to check the surrounding.

Luckily, he really wasn't around, so I made a quick run towards his apartment. My hands were shaking as I punched his password and even while opening door and stepping a foot inside.

Chanyeol said I have five minutes before he comes back. I looked around and immediately saw my phone on the couch in the living room. Along the way hurrying to get the device, I caught a glimpse of his phone on the coffee table. If he left his phone, then he's most likely to come back earlier than intended.

Right after grabbing my phone from the couch, when I was about to run my way out of that place, his phone just had to resound and since I have always been curious about what he's up to, I took few steps back and peeked over the phone. The screen lighting up allowed me to see the message he received, which is from his... Mom?

Mom:
Baekhyunie, have you called your mom? Am I going to meet her soon? ^^

That made me scoff as I slumped my hands down on the either sides of my hips and then breathy laughing in a way that it is for someone stupid. It was for myself, for I was so stupid to conclude that he's not using his mom to meet someone just because I accidentally met her just few steps away from our apartments.

I knew it. That's why it felt wrong when he's tell me he's meeting his mom. And he really had to set her contact name to that so I wouldn't suspect a thing? How many lies do you still have up in your sleeves, Baekhyun?

"You played a good game, Baekhyun. Sorry if it has to end." I took his phone from the table and opened the message Jian sent. Then I checked the contact details, only to see that the number she's using really was Baekhyun's other number

This is making my job easy.

I took a screenshot of the contact information of Baekhyun's other number saved in my phone and sent it to Jian's manager right away.

You:
This is Jian's secret number that she's using to communicate with Baekhyun. She just sent him a message, meaning she's currently using it. Take the phone from her, right now.

You:
I'm calling the number using Baekhyun's phone, make sure that you're the one who'll answer. Got it?

Jian's manager:
On it.

I counted for 20 seconds in my head, the wait was unbearable that even before reaching the last number, I was already calling Jian.

"Hello?"

A relieved sigh escapes from me when I heard a man's voice from the other line. "Do you ever thoroughly check on your artists? Aren't you supposed to be stricter since she just debuted?"

"I'd like to apologize for that. I will make sure this won't happen again."

"It better be." I rolled my eyes though he wouldn't see. I'm so tired hearing the same promise from him but Jian could still manage to make her way to Baekhyun, looking like it's the easiest thing to do. "Anyway, delete or block Baekhyun's number on that phone. You don't have to take the device from her, just make sure she's not connected with him."

"Okay, I understand." he paused. "I thought she had been texting his brother all this time. Jian's really close with her brother and that's how Baekhyun's contact name was set so I wasn't suspecting anything."

"Is that so?" I just don't really know what to say to that. But then I remember that Baekhyun might be heading back here and would barge in anytime, I had to cut the conversation quickly. "I have to go." without waiting for his response, I dropped the call and snapped my gaze to the door to check if he had arrived.

Only to see him standing by the receiving area of the apartment, staring at me. His eyes then slowly travelled to his phone in my hand as he made his way to me. "What did you do?"

I didn't know how the fear of seeing him since that day, suddenly vanished. Putting his phone back on the coffee table, I answered, "Jian sent you a message and I took the opportunity to tell her manager that she had been contacting you." I ended that with a slight smirk and an eyebrow twitching in a arrogant manner.

"Why do you always have to get in our way? You literally have men surrounding you but have you heard a word from me?" I scoffed at that as I folded my arms across my chest. "Seoho, Sehun and Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and France? I never cared about who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter