Chapter 22

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

As soon as Seoho and I reached the restaurant's exit, I stretched my arms and inhaled the crisp night air that's gently meeting my skin.

"Are you going home? I'm calling a cab for you."

I crinkled my nose and shook my head. "I wouldn't like to go home with the thought that my artist is out there. There's a park nearby, I could use a walk to burn the calories I gained from the dinner."

Seoho chuckles, "I think I needed that too."

We were both quiet as we made our way to the park. For the first few minutes after getting out of the restaurant, I swear the cold breeze felt fine but it's making me shiver the longer I get exposed to it. Seoho quickly notices and took his coat off him to place it around my shoulders.

"Thank you."

Comfortable silence took over.

But then Seoho started a conversation. Knowing him from the past days we've meet each other for our artists' schedules, I found out that he's kinda talkative and curious. "So..." he heaves out. "I'm just really curious, what's there about Baekhyun that you like? I mean, that makes you like him."

My eyes widened as I whipped my head to meet his gaze. "I told you I don't like him, I can't like him."

"Then what's that cheek caress means?" he wiggled his brows teasingly.

I actually didn't mind that gesture from earlier and now that he brought that up, I suddenly feel embarrassed and regretful about doing it. I remember a time I accidentally touched something I shouldn't have and that made my hand stiff for some time. That's what I feel after realizing how I caressed Baekhyun's cheek for being sorry; the same hand froze beside me as we walk.

"No, you should seriously stop teasing me to him or I'll really end up liking him." I lied. Of course that was a lie. I like Baekhyun and the only teasing I want to stop is being teased to Seoho when he's just a friend. "I can't lose this job." not when we're improving, and there's Baekhyun who doesn't know what to do when I'm not around.

"Oh, so you don't have any feelings for him."

With pursed lips, I nodded.

We reached the park few moments after and silently sat on a bench to rest. I didn't like how the silence made me think about the recent events, reflecting on my behavior, realizing the things I set aside for being busy with what really matters.

I hate how I'm actually thinking about being interested on Seoho and that despite saying he's just a friend, I'm considering growing some feelings for him just to cut down the ones I grew for Baekhyun. When I said that I can't lose this job, I mean it. Not because there's a chance that Baekhyun might reciprocate what I feel for sticking around him, but because I wanted to be there in every step he takes with his life. I wanted to see him thrive and achieve his goals and make sure that whatever path he chooses, I'm staying with him, follow, and support him.

Even if it means that I don't romantically love him anymore.

Scratch that, I should never have that kind of love for him in the first place. I'm just a fan and nothing else. Being his manager doesn't make me one step ahead of the others and I shouldn't take advantage of that.

"Honestly, I was thinking about dating."

Seoho tilted his head to me.

"Being a female manager, I get teased a lot by some staffs and it's kinda inappropriate... Well at least for Baekhyun." I heaved out a sigh. "You know why he doesn't have a manager to represent him in your previous dinner meetings, right?"

He nods as an answer and so I continued, "I'm the only one who managed to stay longer in this job and that's how everyone thought it's because I like him. I have a vulnerable heart on teasing me to someone and I'm afraid that I will really like Baekhyun along the way," I met his gaze and smiled at him. "I thought dating someone will help me refrain myself from it, for I will give all my romantic love to the man I'll date and all I will have for Baekhyun is adoration for being the best artist in my eyes."

A chuckle escapes from Seoho. "That man you'll date will surely be the luckiest."

Those words caused for eyes to narrow at him. "Stop that, I don't get swayed by those." I folded my arms on my chest. "I think it's one of the reasons why no one dared to ask me out, I'm really hard-to-get."

"Well, how about you tell me what characteristics of a man that makes you like them?"

I roamed my eyed around, as if the dimly lit surrounding could help me answer his question. Right after the answer comes into my mind, instead of words, my mouth opened and a yawn follows.

That made Seoho chuckle. "I could wait for the answer but right now, let me send you home so you could warm yourself up and have a nice sleep." he got up first and offered me hand, to which I accepted to let him pull me up on my feet.

Seoho cracked some jokes as we headed towards the way out of the park, he doesn't want me to fall asleep along the way. It's just a ridiculous thought of course but it kinda woke me up.

One palm was covering my mouth, I was laughing my heart out after he told me a funny happening about him when he suddenly stopped walking and intently stared straight ahead. When I realized that, my laughter died down and I slowly turned my head to where he's looking at, only to see a silhouette of a man from a distance, hiding in the dark.

"Who's...?"

The man stepped closer towards us and once the light shined upon him, that's when I recognized the utterly familiar features he had.

"Baekhyun?" I blinked my eyes rapidly. "What are you doing here- I mean, how did you know I'm here?"

Without saying a word, he waves his phone with its screen facing us to show what he's up to. Of course, he's tracking my location. Baekhyun puts his phone back in his pocket and walks up to us with a small smirk on his face.

"Do you know it's considered stalking? Tracking Y/n's location, I mean."

Baekhyun lets out a mocking laugh at Seoho. "Really? Why don't you ask Y/n if she consider it stalking?" he turns at me, a cue for me to answer.

I'm kinda intimidated with the tension rising between these men who looked like competing for only God knows what, I gulped before I replied, "Baekhyun and I agreed to track each other's location, that's for emergencies and such." Baekhyun is actually the one who decided that, it was after my three-day leave to spend time with my parents and thought I was leaving.

Seems like someone already won in their petty little fight when Baekhyun looked at Seoho triumphantly. "Now Y/n, can we go home?"

Seoho blinks his eyes in disbelief. "Go home? Can't you go home on your own?"

"I could, but I thought my manager should leave with me since we live together," Baekhyun responds as a matter of fact. "Y/n, you didn't tell him?" he asked me with his boastful voice, as if living together (in the same building) is something to be proud of. I confusedly stared and at Baekhyun, not knowing what to answer him.

And my eyes flew to Seoho when he fired back. "Probably because she's embarrassed to admit to that, you must be a real mess to the whole place."

Argh! I can't take this anymore.

"Can you two stop?!" I irritably intervened. "I don't care if you fight right now but I'm going home because I'm tired and sleepy thinking why you are acting so weird." I clicked my tongue and walk past Baekhyun to leave.

He quickly grabs my wrist before getting away and pulled me back until I'm standing right beside him. "It's not nice to take something that isn't yours, Y/n." Baekhyun faced me and does the same thing he did back at the filming site: pinching Seoho's coat by its shoulder part and removes it off me to give it back to its owner. "Thanks." he arrogantly said as soon as Seoho takes the coat from his hand, just like how he said the same word earlier.

Baekhyun takes a one last glace at Seoho, running his eyes up and down his figure accompanied by a smugly smirk. He then spun himself around to leave without a word. Seoho's confident expression faltered at that as his eyes stilled on Baekhyun's disappearing figure with a look that he's belittled. He tilts his head to lock gazes with me; he looked hurt.

I didn't like how he's trying to make Seoho feel small just because he's a manager - which I also am. If he's looking down at Seoho then he's degrading me along with him.

"I'm... Speechless hehe." Seoho looks away from me and awkwardly scratches the nape of his neck.

I stared at him apologetically. "I'm really sorry about him-" I was cut off when Baekhyun spoke from a distance.

"Y/n, to my car. Now." he commands, his voice filled with authority.

I didn't let myself be fazed by that and continued, "He's really full of himself sometimes, I'll make it up to you once I get the time to do so-"

"Y/n!"

Stomping a foot on the stoned trail, I groaned, "Fine!" then I twirled away from Seoho and went to follow Baekhyun who's waiting for me. As much as I didn't like how he ordered for me to follow him, I have to, for telling me to get into his car could mean that someone must've seen him around. I just don't want to be in another dating scandal with him, no one will believe we're not dating if it will happen for the second time.

I sped walk to pass by him and saw his car on the side of the road not too long after. I went straight to the vehicle. I just wanted to put an end to this night without fighting him. The moment I tugged at the door, it won't open.

Now I'm more frustrated than I already was while Baekhyun clearly wanted to get into my nerves when he walked ever so slowly. I took deep breaths to calm myself down, so I won't snap at him that'll end for another awkward ride all the way home. When he finally reaches the car, he walks to my side where I've standing and opens the door for me. That made me snicker instead as I climbed into the car.

None of us had said anything, so I thought of pretending that I'm sleeping to avoid any conversation. Just few seconds after I closed both of my eyes, Baekhyun spoke.

"Stay away from Seoho, I don't like him."

I fluttered my eyelids open and moved my head to glance at him. "And who are you to tell me that?"

"Me? I'm your idol."

A disgusted look was all he ever received from me for his words. Nonchalantly, I muttered, "Stop the car, I'd like to throw up."

Much to my surprise, he did pulled over to the side of the road. He lets out a sigh, hands tightening around the steering wheel. "I'm serious, Y/n. He once tried to swoon Jian over-"

"Well I'm not Jian!" hearing her name coming from him is making me more irritated. "Of course I understand why you don't like him for that but do you have to spoil everything? I'm trying to get a life outside of this job and of the fangirl world because believe it or not, I've grasped the truth that some fans don't want to admit." the truth that you're neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter