Chapter 16

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italicized = flashback

--

Y/N

My eyes opened wide and a small gasp escaped my lips. It wasn't my alarm going off that woke me but my phone ringtone. I reached for the device on the nightstand to check who the hell would text me so early in the morning. I had to wink once the light of my phone screen hits my face so it wouldn't hurt my eyesight.

Barkhyun 🐶:
Wake up!

Barkhyun 🐶:
You need to come with me.

You:
What now?!

You:
Baekhyun it's literally 6 in the morning! Let me have my beauty rest for Kyungsoo's concert later!

Barkhyun 🐶:
Aren't you the one who made such rule that if I'm not in my apartment, then you should be around me?

You:
That's for when you have any official schedule for the day!

Barkhyun 🐶:
I don't care. I need you around later.

Barkhyun 🐶:
I need help to pick out a gift for my niece.

You:
How charming.

You:
That's it?

Barkhyun 🐶:
Also to help me clean my place.

"Ugh! Screw you Baekhyun!" I groaned and threw my phone back on the nightstand and pulled my blanket over my head.

Today is the day of Kyungsoo's concert and I should have enough energy for later; which is why I intently slept early last night. Knowing that I didn't have to work and remind myself to check what schedule Baekhyun will have for the day.

Though I wanted this day to be Baekhyun-free, I found myself lazily trailing behind him in a toy store while he's eyeing some things that he think his niece would like.

My head was too occupied about how I'm going to maximize my remaining time after doing everything Baekhyun had asked for me to do today, I didn't know he came into a halt while I continued walking until I bumped against his back, making me groan silently.

"I brought you with me to help me choose a gift, not to sigh every now and then." he nagged and started checking out the boxes of dolls in front of him.

"I could've been getting ready for the concert later." both of my hands slumped down on my hips. "And I told you to get that dollhouse. It was cute and she'll surely like it."

Baekhyun did the same pose as me and spun himself around. "How are you so sure about that?"

"I was once at her age, I dreamed of such dollhouse too." I rolled my eyes at him. Being reminded of how I dreamed to have such toy reminded me of someone. "On second thought, I should get that dollhouse. Wait here!" I didn't give him the chance to respond and just scurried my way back to where I saw that dollhouse earlier.

I chose what I think is the prettiest and pulled it out of the shelf while humming a happy song, missing the chance to notice how Baekhyun strutted behind me.

"Are you getting it for yourself?" Baekhyun asked from my back.

"Nope," I lifted the box in my arms, then turning around to face him. "It's for uh... My friend's baby girl." I grinned to hopefully make my answer convincing. Well it really is for a friend's baby girl but... It's something he shouldn't know and it's none of his business anyway.

He pulls a box of dollhouse for himself. "Is that all what you're getting?"

I roamed my eyes around the store and spotted some plushies displayed. Squealing, I made my way towards it and grabbed the first plushie that caught my attention. "It's cute, right?" I showed the bunny stuffed toy to Baekhyun, he didn't answer my question but nevertheless I continued, "You should get one for your niece and also for your nephew." I turned back to the plushies and just snatched what my hand could reach, they're all cute so I guess choosing isn't going to be a problem.

Baekhyun would look around the store while we're lining up to pay what we bought. He must be worried that some fans might see him here since he's not wearing any disguise. But according to him, I'm not his type and that his fans won't think we're dating if we're together so he shouldn't worry. I don't want to be in scandal with him anyway (even when I want to date him but nevermind that).

We went back to his apartment so we could start cleaning his place. He left me the living room and kitchen while the rest were his. Since I still have a concert to attend to later, I cleaned my assigned area quickly but surely that no dusts were left.

"So how do you clean your place like this back then?" I asked him once we met at the threshold of bedroom and of the living room. Quietly doing something such as cleaning makes it boring so I thought I should strike a conversation with him. "I think you can't do a thorough cleaning alone."

"Ever since I moved in, I clean everyday. Not really thorough but at least it maintains its cleanliness." he shrugged and goes into the bedroom so I followed behind. "Ah, thinking about my place getting cleaned in every inches never felt so satisfying."

"True," I nodded to agree and leaned  my back against the wall as I watch him fix the sheets on his bed. "Having a clean surrounding is relaxing."

He looks back at me. "Thanks by the way." and he stretched his lips for a heart-fluttering smile which of course made my heart jump.

But he shouldn't know how my heart reacted to that so I tried to act like that smile didn't have any effect on me. "Oho, you better ain't trying to swoon me over for more requests. I still have to get ready for Kyungsoo's concert later." I twirled and exited his bedroom to go back to the living and threw myself on the couch. "I still have five hours. I could use an hour of sleep." I stretched my arms as I yawned. Thoroughly cleaning his living room and kitchen drained my reserved energy for later's event. An hour of restoring it could maybe help.

"Good night, Y/n."

Tilting my head to where Baekhyun stood, I saw him grinning at me. "Lol." I mumbled before closing my eyes. "Wake me up after an hour. I still need to doll up for later. I trust you won't do something to me since according to you yourself I'm not your type so I'm sleeping here."

"Sure." and it was followed by the sound of his footsteps disappearing to somewhere.

----

"Wake up!" I feel his grip on my shoulder as he shook me out of my dream.

My eyelids opened as I gasped. Baekhyun quickly stepped aside before I shot up to sit. "What time is it?!" then I gazed outside the window and saw the sky slowly turning dark. "Didn't I told you to wake me up after an hour?! Kyungsoo's concert is starting!" I left the couch and trotted my way to the door.

While I'm putting on my shoes, Baekhyun trudged behind me. "You are not leaving for Kyungsoo's concert." my brows met in the middle, then I rotated my head to glare at him. "I have a spontaneous schedule for tonight." he added with a voice filled with arrogance and ends it with a smirk.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm appearing in this radio show as a surprise guest so we better get there right now." he turns around and walks away only to stop after few steps to give me side glance. "If we finish early, you might have a chance to catch up." he even sent me a smugly chuckle before disappearing into his bedroom.

I checked the time and I only have an hour left before the concert starts. Tears slowly burned the edges of my eyes as I continued putting on my shoes so we could leave already.

The ride to where this radio show is happening took longer than I expected! My legs bounced against the seat while my thoughts circled around this whole situation. How am I going to catch up when I already have wasted 20 minutes of my hour left before the concert is starting?

Damn it! I just wanted to go and see Kyungoo's concert. Was it that hard to give that to me? A bead of tear finally escaped from my eye when the car stopped, not that we've arrived but because we're stuck in a traffic. I pressed my lips together to refrain myself from sobbing even when it's already obvious that I'm utterly displeased with what's currently happening. I wanted to look like it didn't matter, like I'm not affected for I know Baekhyun did all of this in purpose.

I almost felt I deserve this for depriving him from what makes him happy which is meeting Jian. But I did that for him, to protect him and his heart.

Right... He doesn't know that and he's just trying to get even.

What a perfect timing. We arrived at where the radio show is happening exactly on the time when the concert will start. Baekhyun walks into the scene without a notice, surprising everyone on the set. They warmly welcomed him and they started talking about this and that.

I was left standing on the side of a cameraman, wiping my tears from time to time. I didn't want any questions if I'm fine or it'll just make me cry even more. I'd quietly sniff, then glancing at Baekhyun happily talking and then back on my phone screen. Since I couldn't attend the concert, I thought I should just read some updates on Twitter like how I used to do when I couldn't attend any of Baekhyun's concert.

Hahahshshsh Kyungsoo kept looking at the empty seat somewhere in the VIP. You expecting someone, love?

That certain tweet has a short fancam of Kyungsoo gazing at the empty seat beside a fan, it happened for few times and I could clearly see the disappoinment drawing in his flawless face for tonight. I guess it was the seat he reserved for me.

It happened already, I missed the concert so why cry over a spilled milk? I've been keeping that in my mind but seeing how Kyungsoo hoped to see me watch him perform, it broke my heart and so I started breaking down, still trying not to distract those who are doing their job around me.

"Are you okay, miss?"

I greeted the one who asked that with my teary eyes and forced smile. "I'm fine it's just that... Nothing, I'm really fine." she didn't look convinced by that. How would you convince someone you're fine when you're literally tearing up over nothing dramatic around? The staff didn't want to bother me any longer so she goes back to where she was earlier.

My throat started hurting due to restraining myself from crying. Wanting to finally let this all out, I hurried my way out of the set while covering my mouth as I'm already sobbing. Reaching the hallway relieved my heart, I can finally bawl out like a baby.

For someone, it might be too ridiculous that I'm crying over missing a concert but chances of me getting into such event were low, so low that it surpassed how deep Marianas trench is and if numbered it would be -0. I'm not a rich fan, not too hopeless either as I could still enjoy my fangirl life by buying albums. That's the only thing I could afford to at least satisfy my fangirl dreams; concerts are another thing.

Now that I'm Baekhyun's manager, I get paid enough to attend a concert but I don't have the time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter