Chapter 46

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Was it just... A dream?

It has been a minute since I woke up but I remained still, staring straight above while wondering if what happened last night is a dream or it really is true... Baekhyun and I kissed.

My hand shakily sneaked to my chest and went inside my shirt, only to be swiftly withdrawn when I felt it. No way... I sat up and pulled the object that was wrapping around my neck, I caught the pendant and then stared down to see if I'm really wearing it and it really exist, the strawberry necklace Baekhyun gave me last night.

"It really happened." a squeal followed after those words. I immediately slapped my lips to silence myself. "It's not a dream."

We really kissed, our lips touched! And the fact that excites me the most by remembering every second of the moment is that it wasn't just a peck (maybe the first one) but I got to answer his kiss! I wasn't the one who gave my first kiss away, Baekhyun took it from me but that's besides the point for now, I finally had my first kiss and it was with Baekhyun.

Wait a second... He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend but we did that. I remember telling him what Jongdae told me back when I'm curious about what having your first kiss feels like and that I should give such 'sacred' thing to my first boyfriend. Baekhyun also made it clear to me that he'll only claim my lips once the perfect time he's waiting comes, that's why he'd kiss me almost everywhere but my lips.

So, was last night the time he's been waiting? Does that mean he's my boyfriend now?

Or not because he never popped the question after that. Asking me isn't just for formality, it could also mean assurance that we are going to the way we've been expecting to; in a relationship. But after kissing me last night, we walked back to our tents with our hands linking and seemingly unremovable smile plastering on our faces, that's all.

This is making my head spin. I kicked my blanket away, fixed my hair and clean my face from any drool or what. "I should ask him." I muttered to myself before standing up to leave my tent with my strawberry blanket draped over my shoulders.

The other managers were loitering around, busy with their morning routines but spared a second to glance once they saw me coming out of my tent while gazing to the other side of the camp. Huh? Confusion instantly takes over my expression, I can't spot any of the We Are One staffs and their cameras or the boys that should be up by now since they still have to go on a hike.

"Where is Baekhyun? I mean, the boys. The other side seems so peaceful." I asked and sat on the log in front of the campfire.

"They left an hour ago to start the hike." Chanyeol's manager answered.

Disappointment instantly washed over me. But... Baekhyun knew I won't be staying until the end of We Are One's filming and that I'm bound to leave him here alone today. He could have at least woke me up to tell me they're starting the hike earlier than intended, so I can kiss him goodbye.

"Did Baekhyun at least went inside our area or what?"

"Nope, he never did." Jongdae's manager handed me a cup of coffee and I thanked him with a small smile.

I don't want to be dramatic but now it wasn't just disappointment I'm feeling. It was as if he rejected my marriage proposal even when I never asked him to marry me in the first place, it almost felt like he broke up with me because he fell out of love when I'm not even sure if we're already in a relationship at this moment.

I took a sip on my coffee when I saw France entering our side. From their camp, his friends could be seen packing up and their tents are already down.

I walk up to him with a smile. "Are you leaving today?"

"I have to, sweetheart." a surprised look immediately flash past his eyes, it was like he said something wrong. "Is it fine to call you that?"

"You always call me to sweetheart."

"But you're with Baekhyun."

I was caught off guard by that, my eyes blinked rapidly. "What are you talking about?"

A faint shade of pink slowly spreads across France's cheeks and he looks away from me. "I think I saw you two by the lake last night."

My heart literally stopped beating for a couple of seconds and I felt a little bit of embarrassment. But guilt soon dominated once our gazes met and France's orbs radiates pain. "I'm... Sorry." I didn't know what to say, knowing that the man likes me and I'm hurting him. "France, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry, sweetheart. Like what I said, I tried my best. It's better than doing nothing at all." he beamed. "And didn't I told you that I will respect what your decision may be? It's your life, you make your own choice because you're capable of doing so. And all that I could do is to respect that decision and show you support, you definitely made the right choice."

Tears welled up in my eyes, I hang my head low in attempt to hide that from his sight. I feel bad for wasting his time, only to hurt him like this.

"I'm sorry, it's just... I don't like it when I know I'm hurting someone."

"I'm not hurt, Y/n. Look at me." he places a finger under my chin and tilts my head up to lock eyes with him. "Your happiness is what matters the most."

He wipes my tears and laugh a bit when I sniffed. "I guess I was just overwhelmed by those times we spend together, as I have never experienced such thing. I'm all work and business, you were someone new and great."

And I'm always been thankful that he's a great accompany.

France left with his friends later that morning. I watched how his car drove away from the site and of my sight, feeling the last kiss he pressed on my forehead still lingering. His words kept my heart melted, the way he handled his emotions really amazed me. France's consideration will always have a special place in my heart that I will treasure.

From the corners of my eyes, I saw Seoho taking the spot next to me. "I'm ready to leave. Have you packed your things?" he asked, keeping his eyes ahead, just like what I'm doing.

"Yeah, I have packed them all last night."

Seoho had to leave Kyungsoo for some family matters, while I'm leaving Baekhyun to attend a friend's wedding. We had this planned beforehand, the managers and our artists knew about us not staying until the end of We Are One. That's how I found myself seated beside Seoho as he drove us back to the city.

I was pouting and holding my phone and expecting for at least a text message from Baekhyun. They might be in a rush to start the hike and never had the time to tell me, considering how he must be cautious when going into our side of the camp.

But he could relay his message to another manager or do something else, just to let me know. He's quick-witted, he can easily think of ways if he's persistent enough and really want to push one thing to happen - especially when it involves me and what makes everything convenient for me.

Then... Does this mean Baekhyun is avoiding me? If he let himself go without seeing me, even while knowing that last night will be the last time to see each other before I leave him for three days, he's probably ignoring me. I know Baekhyun, he would never go anywhere without telling me about it. That's for being his manager, I should know his whereabouts and he wants me to trust him.

I must be so serious and the frown on my face had the silence gone awkward, until Seoho decided to break it by asking a question to start off.

"So, did you just started dating Baekhyun or you've been together for a while now?"

I rotated my head slowly and my eyes were bugging out when I stared at him. "Please don't tell me you too saw what we did by the lake." France had the same speculation after seeing us like that, I guess Seoho was there too.

"Baekhyun told me and France that you have something to tell us, and that you want to meet us both near the lake at a specific time." he bites down on his lip to restraint himself from chuckling.

I can literally feel the embarrassment pulsing in my veins. Considering France and Seoho as a threat, Baekhyun must have lured them in last night and pulled something to show off, to cryptically tell these threats that they needed to back off. Baekhyun and his childish ways... Should I say I understand him, as being in love had somehow been a pull that makes us do something petty or ridiculous?

"Baekhyun got my intention of friendship, wrongly." Seoho continued. "In terms of our job as an idol's manager, you have always been a role model to me, Y/n. And I wanted to be friends with you, that's it." though he refused to at least glimpse at me, uncertainty was visible in his eyes but nonetheless pulled off a sweet smile.

That's a relief. I didn't want Baekhyun to think that everyone surrounding me, or merely befriending me is someone that could take me away from him. He just have to know the differences between those kind of person and handle the situation maturely. Now I think he offended Seoho with his childish acts when the man only wanted to be friends.

"I'm sorry, if you were offended by Baekhyun." what was I going to say? The only option I have was to apologize. "He's new to things like this, I guess?" as far as I could recall, Baekhyun never went this far with Jian. So to say that he's new to being in a relationship is safe, right?

Then again, I'm not even sure if we're in a relationship as of this moment. Kissing doesn't justify that, he never asked me the question too. But I'm sure that's a stepping stone that'll lead to something else, and Baekhyun has something up his sleeves that's why he seems to be avoiding me. That must be it.

After a couple of hours travelling back to the city, Seoho dropped me off right at the apartment building and helped me with my things to take them out of his car trunk.

"I would like to apologize in behalf of Baekhyun. For being childish and getting your friendly intentions wrong." I chuckled lightly as I took my luggage from him. "He's so jealous over something he shouldn't be."

"It's fine. I mean, if I were a boyfriend I'd be that jealous too." he chuckles. "Any man would be scared to lose you if they already have a grasp of your heart, Y/n. Your patience is unbelievable. Understanding, innocence, just everything about you. No wonder why Baekhyun eventually gave in, I still remember how he reacted when I praised him for having a female manager."

Memories came flooding in and the image of how Baekhyun scoffed that time caused a shy giggle to escape up from me. I can barely look back vividly to those times he'd roll his eyes at me along with those annoyed remarks. All these flirtings and us falling in love had changed everything, slowly removing the recollections of how we are in the past. Just Baekhyun and I and our endless of love words, it's so much better that I'm willing to forget everything behind.

"Speaking of those times and considering how Baekhyun would go berserk when you interact with others, I think it will be hard for us to be friends."

There's something with Seoho's eyes that I can't tell but is making my heart ache, like how it does when I know I'm hurting someone. "We're already friends, Seoho. We're like si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter