Chapter 40

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I was walking behind Baekhyun, shyly thanking those who passed by us showing concerns about my loss.

It's Baekhyun's photoshoot for his Japan debut album. Right after arriving at the place, we went straight to the dressing room to get him ready.

There were staffs inside the room, greeting us upon our entrance but soon left the room. Soomi and Doyeon were there too, being the stylist and makeup artist assigned for today's look for the album concept. When Baekhyun sat to start his makeover under Doyeon's care, I walked up to Soomi who seems so busy over something after choosing the perfect set of clothes that Baekhyun has to wear.

"What are you doing?" I tried to peek over what Soomi is writing on her journal.

"I'm trying to get some ideal and romantic boyfriend gestures. I've always wanted to write a book with such man as a character. Wanna help me?"

"Me!" Doyeon stopped doing Baekhyun's makeup to excitedly raise her hand. "I know it's cliche and overused but holding your hand is the major heart-fluttering boyfriend gesture for me."

"Ooh."

"My turn," Soomi turns to me and I cleared my throat. "A gesture that ideal for me is when he'd let me have his shirt that smells exactly like him, that when I wear one, it'll automatically remind me of how he wrapped his arms around me." I showed dramatic expression and hand movements in the air as I spoke.

Soomi squeals at that, faint red spreading across her cheeks. "That made my heart flutter. More, more!"

I hummed. "Imagine he's an idol- no, I mean, a producer! I should be his number one fan and he would let me listen to what he composed and dance to it around the kitchen or living room."

Both Soomi and Doyeon giggled. "How are you so good at this, Y/n?" the former ask, hand moving swiftly to write what I just said.

"Because I'm romantic." I poked her cheek and then wink in a flirty way, causing for them to burst out laughing and me following after them.

I glanced to check Baekhyun and he's halfway done with the makeup, he was staring at me through the mirror in front of him and quietly listening to us. I stuck my tongue out to for no reason and turn back to Soomi and discuss more about our ideal boyfriends.

"Okay, you're up to change." Doyeon announced, Baekhyun immediately leaves his seat while Soomi took his clothes and followed him to the room where he's supposed to change his clothes.

And since I don't have anything to do, I thought of watching how they work their magic to achieve the perfection to make Baekhyun look so handsome in every photoshoots he had.

"That would look hot on Baekhyun," I commented upon observing the clothes for him to wear. Soomi stared at me with a mischievous grin and that's when I realized what I just blurted out. "I mean, your style is, you know?"

"Whatever, just... Help your artist change." she ed his clothes into my arms, walking out to leave me alone while chuckling and muttering something to herself.

Not long after that, Baekhyun's hand appears from the door that was ajar. I pushed his clothes on his palm facing up and expected him to take it away but he grabs my hand instead and yank me inside the room. Next thing I know, I'm pressing against the wall and his arms were over my shoulders.

"What are you doing? Were you really trying to pull Soomi into this room with you? Gosh, good thing it was me." my eyes slid down and I nearly choke once I saw that he's actually... Not wearing anything above. I felt myself tensing up and struggled to gulp the lump on my throat.

What the heck, is he trying to kill me!?

"Good thing it was you?"

I snapped my gaze back to his face. "Because I've seen you like this before!" I defended.

"I know it was you. I need your help."

"Okay, I understand that, but you don't need to be this close..." dragging my last syllable, I pressed an index finger on his chest and push him away.

Baekhyun straightened up and dropped his arms beside him. Although the mischievous glint in his orbs had vanished and was replaced by what seems like realization, he refused taking his intimidating eyes off me. And the fact that it's suddenly so quiet made me feel chills running down my spine.

"You should change so the shoot can start." I did a rotating gesture and he turns his back on me while I spread his coat to help him put it on.

Once he had slip his arms on the sleeves, he spins around to face me and I proceeded on buttoning up starting from the bottom. Though my eyes were down on my hands doing the work, I could feel his piercing gaze that's making me feel things in my chest and causing for my blood to rise up towards my face. The moment I reached the last button at the very top, I finally had a glimpse of his eyes were really staring on me.

"Are you really dating France?" he blurts out of nowhere.

I stopped for a second, taken aback by that question, but nonetheless continued. "Why are you asking?"

"I just thought... you're not the type to endure a long distance relationship as you seemed to be a clingy person, according to how you want your ideal boyfriend to be around you every time." so he really was listening to our conversation regarding that?

"I'm not dating him," I mumbled, fixing his collar. "I only said that to clear Sooman's suspicions about the photos." then I looked up to him while slightly dusting on his shoulder.

I don't have any idea what was in my answer for hope to suddenly radiate in his eyes, it was mixed with relief and contentment. I have never seen him look at me with those kind of emotions with his pupils dilating. Feeling shy under his stare, I looked down to pretend fixing the buttons on his clothes. That was until he places a finger under my chin and tilts my head up, for me to meet his gaze once again.

I have this feeling... But I don't want to sound delusional just because of this dream I had few days ago. It was Baekhyun, saying that he had lost me along the process of achieving perfection, or something like that. I can't understand it either, though I clearly saw him in front of me as he said those exact words.

He wants to have a proper start of relationship with me.

"Hello? Are you done in there?" someone called from outside.

That pulled me out of my thoughts and backed away from Baekhyun. "Y-yeah, he's almost done." I ran my palms on his sleeves to straighten them before beckoning for him to go out of the room.

Baekhyun left without looking back and once I'm sure he's completely gone, I bit down on my lips to refrain myself from squealing and both of my hands cupped my cheeks that were heating up.

Why does it feels like he likes me too? But as what I said, I don't want to be a delusional fan here and assume things that may hurt me in the end. That was just a dream, a reminder for myself as I tapped on my chest and stepped out of the room to see if the shoot had started.

Baekhyun was standing in front of the set while staffs were all over the place. "What happened?" I asked once I'm standing beside him.

"A prop broke and has to be changed."

I was just watching how the staffs fix the set when I felt his hand brushing against mine. That's nothing, maybe it was accidental, I told myself, keeping my eyes straight ahead and ignored his fingers fiddling with mine, which is making me panic.

What the in the hell is he doing?! I definitely lost it when he takes my hand, sliding his fingers in between the gaps of it. I stiffened on my spot and felt myself blush, breathing heavily in secret if that's even possible. He's giving me another reason to be delusional over these gestures that meant nothing to him! I know Baekhyun, he likes to tease me and make fun of my feelings for him. I shouldn't be carried away and act all cool and nothing.

"It's that time of the month." he muttered.

I tried to pull my hand from his grip but he only tightens it. "W-what time?"

"I do the monthly cleaning of my apartment."

"So what?" I snickered, then discreetly tilting my head behind to see if someone's watching us, though such move only makes us more suspicious.

"I want to do it this week and know when can I. Only you can tell me that, since you handle my schedules."

I was about to answer him when the staffs around suddenly bowed and greet someone who just walked into the set. My eyes bugged out when I saw Sooman and before finding us this way, I forcefully pried my hand from Baekhyun's hold, crossed my arms and turned away. I took few steps away to draw distance in between us so he couldn't reach my for hand, that's for in case he just wanted to mess up with me.

"There you are." Sooman trudges towards us with a smile that could tell he's in a good mood.

"Good morning, Sir." Baekhyun and I both greeted him and bowed in sync.

"I was passing by and thought of checking for a bit."

The set got fixed and Baekhyun was called to start the shoot, leaving me to awkwardly stand beside Sooman.

"Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss, Y/n." I faced him for another respectful bow, but what he saw from me surprised him. "Are you sick? You're really red and breathing fast."

"Huh?" I touched my cheek with a hand and the other was on my abnormally beating heart. Damn it, Baekhyun! "I-I'm still kinda sick, indeed. I got rained on during the burial and I don't recover from fever that easily." I lied.

"Then you should go and rest. I think Baekhyun won't go anywhere."

I stared at Baekhyun posing for the the photos and he senses that when his eyes travelled from the camera to meet mine. Seems like he heard the elder saying that I should go and rest when he glanced at Sooman for a second and back at me, then he gives me a look that he doesn't want me to leave my place.

But I did anyway.

----

I know Baekhyun had started his monthly cleaning up his apartment and I have nothing to do about it, I offered help the day before but he refused, so I never insisted. But now I don't know why he suddenly changed his mind and I really have to get up from peacefully lounging after he texted me he needs he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter