Chapter 7

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I've been staring at my bandaged leg for too long now, not knowing what's the first thing I should do. After dropping me off to the hospital, Baekhyun immediately left without any word.

My eyes flew to what seems like a nightstand beside the bed where I'm seated. There I saw my damaged phone, making me teary once again. It's one of those things which I treasure the most, especially when it contains my favorite pictures of Baekhyun in several events he went to.

Also, how am I going to contact someone from my family to come and pick me up? It would be fine by me to walk myself to the bus stop but I still have my luggage with me and I had to use crutches so I could move from one place to another. How did all of this unfortunate happenings came to me? Have I been a bad person- or did I really ruined Baekhyun's life like what he said?

How am I ruining his life? I'm just informing him about his next schedule and monitor what he does as it was my job as his manager. I may have fought him, purely out of him fighting me first because of course I'd fight back! It would be unfair if I let myself be low against him. He may be an idol and I'm just his manager, but we're still humans. I think it wasn't that bad for me to have these unfortunate things to happen.

Another sigh for the nth time already, I was about to call for the nurse to ask if I could use their phone when someone suddenly moved the curtains that were surrounding my bed to the side, revealing... Baekhyun?

"What are you doing here? I thought you've left."

He says nothing and places a small paper bag on my lap. I squinted my eyes at it and is that small box inside?

I stared up at him and asked, "What's this?"

"You open it."

And so I reached for the small bag and took the box out. Only to drop it back on my lap accidentally with my eyes pausing on that thing and hands remaining in the air out of shock.

"Y-you don't have to get me this." I stuttered, slowly bringing my eyes on his face with my lips twitching into a nervous smile. Wait, why am I nervous?

Baekhyun huffs silently, then taking the box himself, opened it and pulled the newly bought phone out. He pressed a button on its side and waited for the screen to lit up before handing it to me. "Call someone from your family to pick you up." but since it seems like I didn't want to take the cellphone from him, he grabs one of my hands and puts it on my palm. "I've paid for your bills already and I didn't know which type to get you so I hope you don't mind. I'll get going."

With parted lips, I watched Baekhyun walk away with his hands hidden on the both sides of his coat's pockets. Then my eyes fixated themselves at the phone he had placed on my palm just few seconds ago.

Damn, this is way too expensive than the last one I had!

It took at least 15 minutes before both of my parents came rushing to the hospital to pick me up. Good thing I still have their numbers in my head so I was able to call them through my new phone.

As much as I wanted to be serious right now, I can't help wiggling my brows mentally with the thought that I owned an utterly expensive phone and not just that, Baekhyun and I were now using the same kind! It's like we have couple phones heehee.

"Y/n what happened to you?" Dad asked as soon as he had pushed the curtains aside, eyes running along my bandaged leg.

"We were chased by Baekhyun's spy fans. But nevermind that." I shrugged and that caused my dad to furrow his brows.

"And you still wanted to work for him? If you get hurt like this again, I will really force you to resign and pull you way back to our country."

"Dad, it happens all the time." I waved my hand like it's no big deal.

My mom frowned at my words and proceeded to smack my leg, earning a painful cry from me. "And you want your leg breaking to happen all the time?" I pushed my bottom lip for a pout and scratched my nape in shame.

"Save the scolding later, let's get you home so you can rest." Dad helps me up to sit and carefully guided my leg to dangle on the bed's edge.

Mom took my luggage beside the bed. "By the way, are we still paying?"

"Nope, Baekhyun had paid the bills." then I suggestively wiggled my brows at them. "Wouldn't he make a good son-in-law?"

"And you still have the nerve-" she was about to give me another smack but I held a palm out to stop her with a scream.

----

Twisting, turning it upside down, I still can't believe Baekhyun actually bought me a brand new phone that I couldn't help but admire every inch of it. Though I'm still discovering its features for me to get used to it, I already had my twitter and other SNS accounts logged in.

I shifted my body to lay on my back and held the phone up over my face. But then it suddenly vibrated, surprising me that I dropped it right on my face.

"Can this unluckiness get a litte worst?" I hissed in pain before picking the phone up to see what notification came in. It was a text message from an unregistered number.

Unknown number:
Now you can't go out with SeChan.

Unknown number:
Because you're injured.

I didn't have to ask who it was. It's obviously Baekhyun.

So I left him on read and started going through the settings to discover what this phone has to offer. I even added a password incase Baekhyun wants to check what's on this just because he's the one who bought it and will probably use that fact against me. No sir, I already had my hands all over this one so it's mine now. And since I'll be around him most of the time, I can't have his photo as my lockscreen and wallpaper so I used Sehun's for lockscreen and Chanyeol's for wallpaper.

Right in the middle of discovering how messages works in this phone, another message came from Baekhyun.

Unknown number:
Don't leave me on read!

Unknown number:
Or I'm going to take that phone back.

See? He just did used the advantage of buying this for me. Ridges appeared on my forehead as I harshly typed on the screen for my reply.

You:
You are the first person who's glad that you're not seeing me. Now you're the one pestering me?

I waited for him to reply but he left on read! Ah, so it would hurt his ego if someone leaves him on read and made me reply to him just to do the same? If he isn't childish at that state then I don't know what is.

Three days had passed and I'm mostly stuck on my bed. The good thing is that the pain in my legs and feet had lessen and I can dangle them on the bed's edge without the help of a family member. I only had the chance to get my off the soft matress is when I had to use the bathroom since I'm having all my meals in bed. I feel like I'm a princess now, hehe.

After the last message I sent him, Baekhyun never bothered me anymore. I bet he's resting in his home or what but it's not what my heart says. As I thought of him, I can't help but wonder what he's currently doing for making me somehow worried for an unknown reason. I wanted to call him just to make sure he's fine but I reckon he'd only be annoyed, most probably never answer my call at all so I never tried.

A sound of my phone ringtone made me flinch. I dropped the book I was reading and reached for my phone on the nightstand to answer the call coming from Baekhyun.

"What?" I asked lazily, rolling my eyes even when he can't see it.

"I thought I didn't have any schedule?"

"That's what I've read in what SM gave me. There must've been a sudden change." I took the notebook and scanned the pages where I've written Baekhyun's schedules. He really didn't have anything for a week after the concert. "Why? Are you going somewhere? What are you doing?" before I could even realize it, I've blurted out the questions I've been dying to ask, purely out of being worried for him.

"I just done filming. I'm heading to yours. Tell me your address."

My worry was instantly replaced with panicking. "Filming? Of what? Why didn't you told me you had a filming?"

"I filmed 'Travel Without A Manager' and I didn't tell you because it's none of your business." he pauses. I snickered in secret. "Besides, the show has that title because it wanted me not to think that I have you in any way."

Even with his rude remarks, it still made my heart flutter. That 'I have you' was enough to have me squealing silently with my free hand cupping my mouth. I composed myself, cleared my throat and replied, "You didn't want to think you have a manager like me and now you're asking for my address? No! I ain't telling you my address!" then I dropped the call and hid my phone under my pillow, panicking.

He shouldn't be here! What if he sees these posters of him hanging on almost every corners of my room?! Calm down, Y/n. You never told him your address, he won't make it here, I told myself and took deep breaths. That was kinda effective as I calmed down a bit. So I decided to go back reading my book to forget about Baekhyun.

I was getting into what's happening to the characters and have read seven pages of the book, completely getting Baekhyun off my mind when my mom knocked on the door. Since I can't open it for her, she did it by herself and peeked her head in between the small crack she made. "Y/n, you have a visitor."

I lowered my book down to glance at her. "Who?"

"Baykhun. I have escorted him in and he's going in your room so you didn't have to leave the bed." she beams at me before pulling herself away and clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter