Chapter 1

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

It's been 4 days and I'm still jobless. Tomorrow is Baekhyun's birthday. I can't celebrate his day with me still being jobless? My sign, it can't be ruined!

I've always been a believer of signs after the one I asked, came true. It was about passing the entrance exam for college, I never had the confidence that I can make it so I asked for a sign. Ever since it came true, I asked for signs every time I'm doubting myself.

Or to have fun.

Standing on the side of the road, I was waiting for the sign for me to cross. As soon as the light changes, I walked towards the road and until I got on the other side safely. It's been hours and I'm still walking around trying to find some notice of employment.

"Come on! I'm going to take everything just let me have a job!" I told myself when I stopped by the park.

I can't be a disgrace to my family. I may have acted like I don't care as I got used to it but deep inside the pits of my heart, I'm hurt. Being compared to my younger siblings because they have achieved their dreams while I can't even find a single job is such an embarrassment.

"Can this day get a little worse?" I hissed, seeing the sky turning dark. Seems like there's a downpour coming. "Welp, time to go home."

No! It's not time to go home! Remembering that I still have to look for a job, I can't just go home. No one should stop me. Not even the rainfall. If I celebrate Baekhyun's birthday without a job, that means we're not soulmates. I want him, and only him. If fate doesn't want him to be mine, I'm staying single for the rest of my life!

The rain started even before I could leave the park. Groaning, I made my way back to the other side of the road after seeing a cafe that I can stay into while waiting for the rain to stop.

"If this rain won't stop I won't be able to find a job." murmured to myself as soon as I entered the cafe.

I ordered a drink and sat near the window, watching people run to find a place to dry themselves or to not get any wetter by the sudden downpour. Mostly of the people I'm watching at is in their suits and formal attires. I think they just got out from the company building nearby. Lucky them. They have a job.

Seems like this is the first sign that won't be coming true.

"Oh please, if Baekhyun's going to be mine, give me a sign." I mumbled under my breath, stirring my drink before sipping a small amount of it.

The little chimes that were attached to the cafe's door resounded, indicating that someone had entered. My eyes flew to the guy who walked in and soon looked away seeing that it was just a random person who wants a drink at such cold weather.

I continued sipping on my drink and observed the people outside the shop until I'm done. The rain had finally stopped so I decided to fix my things and grab my coat hanging from the backrest of my seat, ready to leave the cafe when I saw the same guy from earlier. He's about to leave too with an iced Americano in his hands? Really? A cold drink at a cold weather?

But as soon as he pulled his mask down to sip on his drink, I immediately recognized the pair of those soft pink lips wrapping around the straw.

"B-Baekhyun." I shakily whispered to myself before standing up from my seat, eyes resting on his frame as he walked out of the place.

"No! Nooo wait for m-" I slid out of the table and missed the sign saying that the floor is wet and slippery so my left foot slipped. Seeing the signboard, I thought it would save me so I grabbed into it, hoping to avoid falling but instead, I accidentally threw it up in the air as I fully landed on the floor with my back landing harshly.

I whimpered as I tried to prop my elbows to lift my body but even before I could do it, the signboard I accidentally threw seconds ago, landed right on my head. Knocking me down on the floor once again.

"Oh my gosh, miss are you alright?!" several customers started to crowd the place around me and one of them took the signboard off my head before helping me up.

Okay, fate had spoken. It gave me a sign. A literal one.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I told the staff who helped me up. "I'm sorry about not seeing the sign. I must be blind hehe." I bowed at her with my face turning red out of embarrassment before dashing my way out of the cafe.

As soon as I was out of that place, I tilted my head everywhere trying to spot Baekhyun. I sighed in disbelief as I bent over a bit and placed both my hands on my knees, frowning at the pain I could feel on my back.

I swear it was him! After being his fan since he debuted, I can recognize him even with the mask or his whole face covered. Okay his hair gave it away since it was black just a couple of days ago but today he had an ash grey one, the hair color he never had before so it was hard to recognize him. It looked so good on him.

My bones made a cracking sound as I stood straight and started stretching my body. At least I'm the first one who knew he changed his hair color. Baekhyun has been inactive and was never spotted outside since his fansign three days ago. I took my phone out of my pocket and went to the app called twitter, to post my newly discovered fact.

Aaaah!! Baekhyun currently has ash grey hair! Is this a comeback??

I watched how the number of likes and retweets reached hundreds as soon as it was up. Some quoted that they are excited while some didn't believed because I have no proofs to show. Well, I don't care. Let's see who will have the final laugh if Baekhyun shows up with the mentioned new hair color.

"That's it, Y/n. Now you need to look for a job." I spoke, tapping my chest lightly as I sighed. A gesture to encourage myself.

I took a sharp turn around the first thing I saw was a man. He was wearing all black, staring at me seriously. His eyes were covered by the black cap he's wearing so I couldn't see his whole face. I gasped as I took a shaky step back out of shock.

"I heard you're looking for a job?" he asked. It took me few seconds to calm down from the shock and nodded as a respond to his question. "Are you willing to do anything?"

"Yes- wait. Are you sure you-"

"No, that's not what you think it is. I'm not asking you to do a dirty job or whatsoever." he uses his forefinger to push the cap up and show me his eyes. Well he looks like he's around my age. Then he takes out a card from his pocket but before handing it to me, he spoke once again. "Are you a fan of Baekhyun?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. What's with that question that every time the interviewer asks that and I answer them that I'm Baekhyun's fan, they'd turn me down? Does me being a Baekhyun fan has to do with those paper works?

Remembering the numbers of jobs I failed to get after admitting that I am indeed Baekhyun's fan, I let out a mocking laugh and without actually thinking, I answered, annoyance laced in my voice. "No! I don't even know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter