Chapter 41

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

No matter how many years have passed, I still remember the sole reason why my heart would still race at the thought of my first love... Even when things have changed and so does the feelings.

I consider him as my first love not just because I felt such phenomenon for the first time in my life, to him. Almost every first in my life, I got to experience and spend those kind of times with him. He made every moment special, it was one of the reasons why I fell in love with Jongdae.

Above all, it was his good personality and pure heart that swooned me over. I remember the very first time we met. I was confused, lost, and speechless. Being a new citizen of Korea back then, I guess it's safe to say that I used to be dumb when given directions and instructions to go here and there.

I couldn't get my words to come out of my mouth as my chest started to feel tight. People were staring at me, contemplating if they should ask me what's wrong or keep their distance from a lost highschool student who couldn't find her way home. I accidentally took the wrong bus and fell asleep along the way. Now I don't know where the heck I am and how do I go back?

"What should I do..." I managed to ask myself amidst sobbing while clutching the fabric of my school uniform.

It's my first day in highschool after moving to this country weeks ago. I thought, adjusting to this entirely new environment and life would be easy after learning the language at a young age, as we were bound to leave our country to live here. I was wrong, definitely.

I know what to say and what question should I ask these people so they could help me to get home, but I strangely just can't say words and ended up sobbing. I hate getting lost, it always leaves me speechless and a crying mess in the middle of the crowd.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Sniffling, I rotated my head to look at the first person to approach me and I was met by a pair of sparkly, brown irises staring at me filled with worry. For a second, I forgot why I was crying in the first place and feel embarrassed that I'm weeping in front of such handsome boy.

His eyes travelled down to my school uniform and he gasped a little, looking shock that we have the same school logos attached on our clothes. "You go from the same school as I do, which is really from here. You're lost, aren't you?"

I nodded my head aggressively and my cries intensified.

"Okay, calm down. Tell me your address and I'll walk you through the procedure to get yourself home."

I opened my mouth to speak but only a mere peep came out instead and more tears from my eyes.

He sighs, never letting that soft smile to fade even a little. "I see, you're really scared." he pulled his school bag in front of him to easily take a notebook and pen from it. "How about you write it down, hm?" he lends me his things and I reluctantly took it, our hands slightly brushing which made my heart beat abnormally.

I have never feel this before...

I wrote down my address on his notebook and with shuddering hands, I returned it back to him. He reads my address, exhaling in amusement as he diverted his gaze to meet mine.

"So you are the new ones in the neighborhood." his giggles sounded so adorable that it lightened up my mood and ceased my sobbing. "I think it was three, yeah, three houses away from your right. That's where I live. We can go home together."

I found myself seated beside the window and him on the other side. Now that I'm 'saved' and is heading home, everything that happened earlier started to make me feel cringe. Who wouldn't be? I cried in front of people for getting lost and I can't bring myself to ask for help.

From the window, I could see his blurry reflection stealing glances at me, hesitant to start a word but he did anyway. "I don't think we have introduced yet, what's your name?"

With a soft sniffle, I tilted me head to face his direction. "Y/n."

He beams. "It's the first time I heard your voice and the first word you said is your name." then he offers a hand for me. "I'm Kim Jongdae."

At this age, I already have the knowledge that people fall in love and when they do, their hearts would go crazy. When I accepted his hand, thousands of what seems like butterflies fluttered inside my stomach and my heart was beating the same way when I'm nervous before taking an important exam.

I remember how I couldn't sleep that night, tossing and turning around my bed while squealing at the memory of how he saved me. I blushed hard as I recall how a gentleman he was while guiding me back home despite that part being the most embarrassing.

And when I found myself smiling the longer I thought of how he flashed the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on someone...

Only then I realized, I had fallen in love. For the first time.

"Is this too much?" I asked myself while eyeing myself through the mirror. I was thinking if wearing a dress that's something I don't usually do, would be too much. I'm just going to meet someone I haven't seen for more than a year to catch up to those times we were apart.

I mean, I just want to look presentable since I'm not going out for Baekhyun's schedule, I'm having a meeting with first love after briefly seeing each other since he started his career and after year of cutting everyone out for some circumstances. As chances like this will not happen that much, might as well make the most out of it.

I heaved out and grabbed my purse to leave. The moment I got out and had taken few steps away from my apartment, Baekhyun's door flew open and a grip around my wrist stopped me.

"Where are you going?" I looked back at Baekhyun, aware that I'm sending him a glare. I'm not just up for another fight after he caused a scene at SM earlier today.

"Are you going to Jongdae?"

I scoffed before pulling my hand off his hold and turning around to ignore his question.

"I'm coming with you."

"Baekhyun, please!" I exclaimed desperately. "I never even tagged along with you and Jian when you go out on secret dates."

"Why are you bringing that up now?!"

"Let me breathe!" I was panting. "At least for few hours, can I peacefully spare someone a moment, without you around?"

His brows knitted. "What is wrong with you?"

"You should've known that seconds after pulling me away from Jongdae, when all I want was at least a brief conversation." that was the last thing I told him, then leaving him helplessly standing in the middle of the hallway.

I turned my location off while I still haven't reach our meeting place. Knowing Baekhyun, he'd probably show up all of a sudden after tracking me down. I don't want him to appear and drag me back home, like the previous similar chances I get to be alone with a male for a decent conversation as its purpose.

My heart pounded inside my chest as soon as I got out of the vehicle after reaching the destined place to finally meet him — fter not seeing each other for such a long time. I breathed deeply and stretched each sides of my lips for a smile before moving my feet to proceed inside the restaurant.

A waiter immediately approaches me to ask for my name and after answering him, I was led towards a private dining room. It didn't have to take long for me to recognize the only person seated on one of the chairs and smiling at me gently, as always. The familiar swelling of my heart and butterflies in my stomach, was felt once again.

"Finally, after a year." Jongdae leaves his seat and pulls my chair for me.

"Finally, indeed." I repeated as I take my seat, without forgetting to keep my eyes on his strangely radiant face. He looked healthier than he was before getting a year of break from his celebrity life.

Jongdae settled back and he propped his elbows on the table, interlaced his hands and rested his chin on it before lovingly stared into my eyes and said, "I missed you, Y/n."

A shy chuckle escapes from me. "I missed you too, Jongdae."

----

My arms were folded across my chest while seriously eyeing the slightly nervous man standing in front of me. I did not intend to intimidate the new guy, I just like looking superior that I'm in front of him while the rest of the managers stood behind me like my bodyguards.

He does a formal bow and with an enthusiastic voice, he declares, "Hi, I will be joining you from now on as Kai's manager. Please take care of me."

Jongin, who will soon be known as 'Kai' is finally debuting as an idol after SM finally realized the potential in him and saw that he's both good at dancing and singing. Of course he will need a manager, so SM hired one prior to his debut. Kai's manager will be joining our group as we will be in We Are One along with our artists to accompany them.

"Welcome our newest brother!" Suho's manager wraps an arm around Kai's manager.

"So, we're basically a group of princes with a princess." Seoho- I mean, Kyungsoo's manager does the same thing to me and playfully rub his fist on the top of my head. We all agreed not to call each other with our real names and go with our designated artists' stage name along with the word 'manager' at the end of it.

"With you as an addition doesn't make our princess the youngest manager here anymore." Chanyeol's manager added.

"You're younger than me?" I asked the new guy in pure amusement and he nods his head yes. That made me feel a little bitter since he's taller and looks more mature than I do, but nonetheless excited now that I'm not the youngest in this group.

As we talked all together, asking basic information about the newest manager to join us, I could feel someone staring at me from afar. I do not need to guess who was that, we haven't been talking for days now and I still can't forgive him for what he did.

It wasn't because he refrained me from talking to Jongdae that moment, but he also caused a scene enough to embarrass me. There were lots of people watching me being dragged, and when I tried to pry him off me he went to throw me over his shoulder and carried me away like a sack of rice. I was so embarrassed that I thought of not showing up to work today, if only I can easily ditch my job as Baekhyun's manager.

The boys are having the photoshoot for We Are One's promotional poster and while they're at it, the managers are stuck behind the camera to watch them or do whatever or scatter around the place.

Jongdae was the first one to finish his solo shots. As soon as Sehun took over, he leaves the set and went up to me, beaming sweetly. But even before Jongdae could finally reach me, Baekhyun suddenly pops out of nowhere, blocking Jongdae's way and soon found himself standing in front of me.

"I'm sorry about the other day." he said in a rush and hushed tone, lowering his gaze on the ground.

I lifted an eyebrow. "What are you sorry for?"

He brought his eyes up and blinked, not expecting that question to be thrown. "For what I did. I'm sorry for letting the... Get ahead of me to act like that and intervene." he mumbled a certain word in the middle of his sentence and I failed to catch it. "But good news! It won't happen again. I... Promise." he was hesitant but grins anyway.

I sighed. "Fine, forgiven. I'll keep that in mind." a hand came up to brush his hair away from his forehead and then wipe off the slightly smudging lipstick below his lips, that cause for a smile to tug on them.

"Am I allowed to join?"

I inclined my body aside to see Jongdae waiting behind Baekhyun. "Dae, of course you're welcome to join us."

He steps forward, taking the spot next to Baekhyun. "Y/n, I have decided that today's the day you get to meet them." Jongdae gives me a knowing look, while Baekhyun curiously flickered his eyes from me and to my friend.

I read through Jongdae's meaningful eyes and when I realize what he meant by his words, I gasped loudly, hands coming up to my mouth. "Oh, Jongdae... Today? Really?"

"We couldn't do it last time, so... Today it is."

"What do? What are you planning to do with him?" Baekhyun in the space between Jongdae and I to break our eye contact and interrupt our conversation.

"Baekhyun, what did you promised me?"

"What are you doing with him?" he asked rather impatiently, ignoring my question to remind him of what his words. Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter