Chapter 19

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"Stop!" I smacked his hand and he accidentally drops the watering can on the ground. "You're drowning him, Oh Sehun!"

"I'm sorry!" Sehun yelled back at me, sounding hurt as he held the same hand up and pouted.

"Keep it down you two!" Chanyeol screams from inside the house. "Why are you screaming?!" he added and goes out to point a broom at both Sehun and I.

"Hyung... You were screaming too."

"Oh," Chanyeol then giggles. "Okay." and he happily skips his way inside. I could just shake my head at his cuteness and because of gratefulness that he's here.

Sehun, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun had decided to help me clean and fix the house. We found out from a neighbor that the ones who broke in has been staying as if they owned the house while my parents and I were in a hotel to spend quality time together. There were two of them and they were caught just this morning. I don't know how that happened, I just woke up to that news through a phone call from Baekhyun who left me alone in his apartment.

"So," Sehun picked up the watering can and carefully poured on the plant. "I heard you stayed for the night at Baekhyun hyung's?"

"Yeah," I casually answered and intently watched how he poured the water down so he wouldn't drown the plants. "I actually thought he'd do nothing and leave me crying."

"I'm surprised he suggested that. Knowing him, he doesn't like you."

"Well I guess he does have a heart." that made Sehun and I chuckle but soon died down when I whined, "You're drowning it again!" he quickly removes the can above the potted plant and whispered an apology.

I was supposed to be the only one who should fix the plants and the rest of the boys were assigned inside and to the furnitures but Sehun ditched the other two and helped me with replanting and watering the plants. While Chanyeol is a degree holder for Interior Designing, he volunteered on improving the insides of the house and Baekhyun helped him with that. Yixing also wanted to help but he's currently in China so he couldn't.

Though I'm planning to stay in a smaller place such as an apartment, we're fixing the house incase my sister would come to spend Chuseok with me. After getting married to her long time boyfriend, she moves out to live with him in another country and goes back here with her husband from time to time to visit our parents. I don't know if she'd still visit now that they've left.

The least that she could do is to check on me to see if my love life has improved huhu. I'm mocked for being single while my sister, who's younger than me, is married. If my standards weren't that high as what I've seen in Baekhyun- my thoughts were cut short as soon as I lifted my eyes to look inside the window and see Baekhyun making a funny face. "What the heck." I frowned, he rolls his eyes at me and goes back to whatever he's doing.

"Hyung is weird." Sehun admitted. "There are times that I couldn't understand him."

"Me too." I agreed, followed by a chuckle.

After replanting, watering outside with a little bit of joking around, Sehun and I proceeded inside the house and help around Chanyeol and Baekhyun. After what felt like days, the whole house is as good as new. They plopped themselves on the couch, obviously looking exhausted so I prepared some snacks for them.

"Thank you so much, boys." I said, placing the tray with foods and drinks down the coffee table in front of them. "This totally made me feel better."

"Anything for you. What are friends for, right?" Chanyeol took a glass of juice from the tray, I watched him execute such move with a small smile etched on my face.

"Don't hesitate to ask us for something like this, we'll gladly help." Sehun reaches for the snack and even before he could take a bite on it, Chanyeol's phone ringtone was heard. The younger whines and quickly stuffed his mouth with the snack before standing up from his seat and Chanyeol mirroring his movement.

"We'd love to stay longer but work calls."

"Let me show you out."

Sehun snatches a snack for the last time before tailing behind Chanyeol and I. Annoyed by his own ringtone, Chanyeol finally picked up the call as they exited the house premises with me following behind, just to make sure they made it in his car. Once inside the vehicle, Sehun rolled the window down to wave at me seconds before Chanyeol pulled off. I waved back of course, he might send me tons of messages telling me how betrayed he feels that I ignored his wave of farewell. Oh Sehun and his childishness.

I went back to the house and found Baekhyun seriously eyeing the snack that was left on the tray. Actually, I still don't know how to be around him. Though I've chosen to use the famous 'no personal feelings in work' whenever he's around me and will deny if he tries to tease me about being his fan, I still don't know how to react and what to say when that time finally comes.

Passing by the couch where he sat, I quietly made my way to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Man, I need a drink! I don't even know why the air was suddenly filled with tension as if we haven't had any conversations last night - a little bit of those were about me as his fangirl and how do I do what.

I drank my glass of water and leaned against the counter with a hand propping to support my weight. With every gulp, I think of words or topic just to start another conversation with Baekhyun.

"What are you doing?"

Gasping, I jumped to turn around and saw him standing by the doorway. "Oh, I was... Drinking water. Don't you always remind your fans to drink water?"

He draws a small lopsided smile on his lips and crossed his arms. "You probably have read that on twitter while trying to get a reply from me."

What a piece of bacon! My face twisted into pure displeasure as I shoved my hands on the pocket of my jeans to take my phone out and act like I'm pressing some keys before sticking it on one side of my ear.

His arrogant look faltered. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm calling my dad. You just teased me-"

"Y-yah! I was just kidding!" he strides to where I stood and immediately snatched my phone from me, raising it up in the air away from my reach then.

It was my turn to fold my arms across my chest. "Didn't I already told you why I'm never fazed with your presence?"

He rolled his eyes at my statement and answered, "I didn't have any schedules for today."

"As long as you're around me, it's working hours. Why are you so eager to see how-" I didn't have the chance to finish when my phone rang. Baekhyun's eyes blinked as he lowered his hand to check what caused the sound. While I had the chance to see, I peered over along with him and saw the caller's number. It was the same unregistered number that has been calling me since I blocked Baekhyun's.

"So it wasn't you."

"Wasn't me what?" he draws his brows closer, tilting his head to look at me.

"That number has been calling me and I refused to answer since I thought it was yours, trying to reach me using a different one."

He lets out a mocking laugh. "As if I'd waste some energy for someone like you."

"Ha! Coming from someone who hurried his way to the airport, thinking I might really leave." I frowned and pulled my phone from his hand while he's thinking of what to respond.

A swipe on the screen ended the annoying sound of my ringtone, then I brought the device up to my ear as I shuffled to the living room and greeted the caller with a gentle voice. "Hello?"

"Is this Byun Baekhyun's manager, Y/n?" it was a man.

Though I'm puzzled to the fact that this random guy has my number, instead of asking how or where he got it, I sweetly responded, "Yes, I am Y/n, may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Do Kyungsoo's manager, Kim Seoho." a chuckle followed from the other line. "I couldn't believe Baekhyun's manager is really a girl."

"Oh," my free hand found its way to the nape of my neck and scratched it. "I have met Kyungsoo before but I guess he kept it to himself."

"No, actually he told me about you but it was me who refused to believe that."

My lips pressed themselves against each other, heat slowly rising up to paint my cheeks with a healthy color of pink. Kyungsoo... Talked about me to his manager? I mean, why would he? Should I feel offended that he's talking about me to someone I don't even know, or be in cloud 9 because that would mean he's interested in me?

"Anyway, I've been calling you for days but you won't answer."

"I'm sorry about that. I was refusing to answer any calls from unregistered numbers, something happened days ago." and just in time after saying the last word, Baekhyun walks out of the kitchen. He didn't even look at my way but I sent him a glare, being reminded of how he mocked me that caused for me to have trust issues over unregistered numbers.

"I'm really sorry."

"That's nothing," to the way he cheerfully said that, I could tell he's smiling from the other side. "I called to tell that working for their collaboration is going to start. Kyungsoo already met the producers and the recording will be next week. Hoping to finally meet you."

"Me too! I hope we'll get along since it seems like this project is huge. Baekhyun and I will have to meet you both for many times." by hearing his name, his gaze snapped to me, curiosity filled his eyes as his head cocked to the side for a little bit. "The project Kyungsoo and Baekhyun will have isn't just this collaboration."

"I can tell we're getting along, if we base it on how we conversed right now." that made me chuckle. He couldn't hear what he said but the curiosity in Baekhyun's eyes vanished and was replaced with annoyance, plopping himself on the couch with a slight frown on his face.

"I have to go now. See you soon."

"See you!" and I ended the call.

"Who was that?"

"Seoho, Kyungsoo's manager." I bobbed my shoulders. "He called to tell me that the recording for your collaboration with Kyungsoo will be in three days."

"Oh, yeah? It doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter