Uncover It Up!

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"See you tomorrow, loves." I could just laugh at the way Seoyul and Siwoo are fighting to fill the screen with their cute faces.

"I still don't understand why uncle Baekhyun has to go away?"

Seoyul's question caught me off guard. How do I explain it in a kid's perspective? "Hm, think of it this way. He's playing soldiers."

"Does he need to shave all his hair? He looks funny."

"Hey!" I flinched when Baekhyun appears behind me. "Isn't it way past your bedtime?" he had both his hands on his hips and faux offended look on his face when I showed him on the screen for the kids to see.

"Uncle Baekhyun is right. You will see them tomorrow if you sleep now." I heard them whining in protest but gave the phone to Baekbeom anyway. "Who is that person behind you?" he gasped and then cackled to tease his little brother.

"Hyung, I swear..."

"Why does everyone think he looks funny?" I stood beside Baekhyun, making sure we can be seen in Baekbeom's screen before the catching his chin in the space between my thumb and index finger. "He's very handsome though."

"Just trying to mess with Baekhyungie." he mimics the way I called Baekhyun back when I was sick and missing him, while holding back his laugh. Well, that could prove they're indeed siblings.

"See you tomorrow, hyung."

"You have to get some rest now. No doing of anything."

My face instantly flushed and my eyelids flickered. He said nothing more than that but why does it seems like I understand what he's trying to tell us? I stared at Baekhyun with my eyes doubling their size and quickly looked away when our gazes met.

"Okay, good night!" he plunged himself on the couch to reach for the phone and ended the facetime before Baekbeom could say more.

And then silence. I stood erect with my eyes skimming the whole living room while Baekhyun was left bending over the couch, fingers fiddling with my phone.

Baekbeom said nothing inappropriate, just simply telling us to go straight to sleep. Yet why did his words made me feel awkward? There's no point in denying it and I know his brother could see that we've been there. I was this awkward back when Baekhyun and I first talked about the kind of intimacy in a relationship. And I was this awkward when, well, we first did things.

After a long silence, I found the courage to break it. "We should go to sleep, my love."

"Yeah, we should." he pushed himself off the couch and hold his hand out to me.

I did a little shrug of my shoulders before taking his hand in mine and made our way to the bedroom. He's extra clingy now that we have less than 24 hours left before he has to leave and I'm actually loving it. He follows me everywhere; like a puppy. Just to make sure he spends every second of the day with me.

We got inside my bedroom and the same awkward atmosphere from earlier comes back. Well if we only did not take Baekbeom's words differently, we could've been saying goodnight and turned the lights off to sleep. But this just gave me a good excuse to spend the whole night to myself.

"You should go and have your one last comfortable sleep on your bed. You won't be getting that same sleep for the next three weeks." I loosened my hold on to his hand before turning to face him.

His eyes blinked innocently. "I should... Go? Back to my place?"

"Yes, Baek. We don't want to be late for tomorrow."

He doesn't move or say anything for a minute and just kept staring at me. It was getting a little awkward, even though he literally looks at me like intoxicated every single day for over a year now. There's something with the way he looks at me at the moment that I can't just tell.

"Baekhyun, go."

I let his hand go and walked to my bed, that made him flinch a little bit. He really was spacing out. "Oh, okay. I should really go and sleep far away from you for the last time."

I got on the bed and under the sheets. "Yes. Now go."

With his lips pressed into thin line, he nods his head and involuntarily made his way to the door. He made sure to take his time by tiptoeing like he still don't want to leave my room. I can't blame him. Sleeping separately for tonight wasn't part of the plan, especially when it's the last night.

He walks past the doorway and just when I thought he'd close the door, he poke his head back in.

"There's few hours left before my birthday. Don't you want to be the first person to greet me?"

"I'm going to jump on your bed to wake you up. I will be the first one to personally greet you tomorrow, don't worry."

All the hope had vanished from his eyes and his shoulders dropped. "I'm going back to my apartment."

"As you should."

"You won't see me around your place for three weeks."

"I've accepted that long ago, Baekhyun."

"You're calling me Baekhyun. Don't you want me anymore?"

I closed my eyes and sighed. "Good night, my love."

"Sounds forced to me."

What is he up to really? I had that question in my mind when I left the bed and walked up to him. "Baby, what's wrong? You don't want me to dwell on you leaving and yet you seemed to be the one dwelling on leaving me."

"It's literally my birthday tomorrow."

"And your enlistment." my heart jumped when I said the last word. But I quickly put up a reassuring smile and reached over to cup his cheek. "We still can do lots of things before you go if you wake up early."

"You will send me off, like, really going to the camp with me. Right?"

"Your brother and I had everything planned, I will be there to see you go inside. I promise."

He exhales and dropped his eyes as his hand covered mine that was touching his face. "I know you're not ready to face my fans. They will surely be around the place to see me, or maybe you. But I really want you to be there when I go in."

"And I will be, Baek. Have you seen me break my promise?"

Baekhyun shakes his head and he draws a little smile.

"Now go and get a good rest. I prepared a lot for tomorrow before we go." I stole a kiss on his cheek and quickly turned to go back to my bed.

Baekhyun finally took his leave and forgot to close the door of my bedroom. The whole place went completely silent for a minute before I heard the faint sound of the main door opening and then closing.

I sat on my bed quietly- not entirely as I can hear my heartbeat accelerating that it's making it hard for me to breathe. No, this is not how my heart flutters when Baekhyun flatters me. Sure they were quite similar, but this doesn't make me feel in love. This is a heartbeat of a heartbroken.

Before I know it, tears were already blurring my vision and the feeling finally sinks in. Fine, I was trying to make it seem like Baekhyun leaving me isn't a problem at all. I don't want him to leave thinking about me being sad over this. I thought of pushing him away for tonight when I want him right next to me, so he doesn't have to see how unwilling I am to let him go.

My eyes snapped towards the door when I heard footsteps approaching. I had never heard my main door opening once again since Baekhyun left a second ago, but he was storming into my room with an intense gaze. I was too dumbfounded to figure out if I'm seeing things or if he's really here. But when I felt the bed sink lightly as he partly climbed on, one leg was left dangling on the edge. And his hand finds my jaw, tilting my head up and dipping his head to link our lips—he's indeed here; he's real and hasn't left me.

He pressed his lips harder, while I tried to swallow my sobs as I kissed him back with the same intensity. Tears are flowing down my cheeks; his thumbs quickly search for my face, and after a few gentle brushes of them on my skin, it's cleared from any teardrops.

Baekhyun pulls away, allowing me to breathe and finally cry. "I was lovesick when you weren't around for the concert and I had to stay home because of a stupid flu." I bawled. "How am I supposed to stay sane for three weeks?"

"Love, you've got things to do like the ones you did with me." he brings his other leg up the bed, completely sitting in front of me and he takes both of my hands. "You'll still go to work as a manager, but Sehun's. I'm sure it will occupy your mind and in few blinks, I'll be home."

I threw my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to hug him. His palms run up and down my back to soothe me. It's a gesture he always do when he sense that I'm sad and I love it, it never fails to bring me comfort. Muffled sobs filled my dimly lit room as I buried my face on his shoulder and cry in there. None of us spoke for only God knows how long. I just stopped sniffling and my heart feels weightless.

"Why are you trying to push me away instead of telling me?"

I parted from the hug, making sure our eyes won't meet. "I don't want you to see me sad."

"Y/n, you're always like this." he tucks a finger under my chin and pushes it up. "You can't just hide your sadness or your emotions from me. I'm your boyfriend, I could've done something to help you deal with them."

A warming sensation creeps into my face and I pinch my lips together, fingers coyly pushing my hair into the back of my ear. Even if it's been a year, I still get tingles in my chest whenever Baekhyun says that he's my boyfriend.

"I don't want to catch you crying in secret. Like when you had that allergies."

"It wasn't just the allergies. I'm really, really sensitive when it comes to my appearance and getting those allergies all over my face..." I sighed not wanting to continue with it, feeling embarrassed of the memory he mentioned.

"If I hadn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter