Chapter 30

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

After Sehun left, it took me moments before I started moving around the kitchen to make breakfast. As the food cook, I was getting myself and my mouth ready as I am about to make a lot of phone calls. I already have thought about this, I will have to cancel all of Baekhyun's schedules for this week. Aside from his wounded hand, he also need to sort out his mind and heal himself. He can't go to work with lots of thoughts bugging him.

Before cancelling some schedules, I suddenly felt the need to apologize to someone. So the first person I called is Jian's manager. My feet tapped against the floor as I waited for him to answer. Though I have readied my words, the moment he answers the call, I flinched as if I wasn't expecting it.

"Uh, incase you're calling for an update. The group may have to fly overseas to promote and will probably take a while. Surely Jian won't be able to meet your artist." he sounded intimidated by me. Considering that he's new to his job as a manager of an idol, he had always been intimidated every time I reach out to him to report or ask something about Jian.

I realized how I've been so rude to him for having such impression.

"I am indeed calling for an update and I have to tell you something," I chuckled softly. "You've improved a lot as a manager."

"No one ever told me that before."

I pursed my lips and jumped up to sit on the kitchen counter as I thought of the next words to tell him. "This will be my last phone call with you to tell you to handle your artist well. I'd like to apologize for bossing you around all the time." since Baekhyun knows the truth now, I guess he doesn't want to talk to Jian ever again and won't even try to reach out to her. That's why I'm stopping right here and won't call her manager anymore.

"I'm always fine with it. I learned a lot about being a manager because of you."

That made my heart feel light. At least I know he never held some anger for me because of how I treated him. Maybe there really are times he felt upset for being scolded, who wouldn't be? But my apology gave it away and in a snap, all of those times that he's upset because of me bossing him around, disappeared - Which makes apology an important thing to someone who goes through something we didn't know about.

Amazing how a simple apology could mean so much to a person... Like me, who's still waiting for that, from him.

"I have to go now by the way. Take care on your way with the girls."

"Thank you."

When the call ended, it was as if the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders; a relieved sigh escapes past my lips.

When I remember the tons of calls I still have to make, I could just whine internally as I picked up the tablet that shows my checklist of Baekhyun's tight schedule for this week. I jumped off the counter to check the food I was making while dialing a certain number.

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun's manager. I would just like to apologize as I have to cancel today's filming of a hand cream advertisment." I scratched the back of my neck. Cancelling schedules like this is a hassle for those who got everything ready and I don't want them to think Baekhyun's being a nuisance to them. "Baekhyun had injured his hand. Can you move the filming to when his hand heals? It was really a bad wound."

"No problem, manager-nim. Something came up with the production team too."

And so it goes on. I cancelled all of what Baekhyun has to do today: the filming of his Knowing Bros episode appearance and vocal lessons. Then I proceeded to his schedules for the week, apologizing for hundreds of times to different people for having to cancel everything they have been working so hard to happen.

I slumped myself on the counter while catching my breath after cancelling the last activity and the call ended with an upset staff because according to her, Baekhyun and I are being unprofessional. What a load of... Just kidding, I'll let her slide since this is all my fault anyway.

I have been talking nonstop and saying the same words all over again but the last call I'll make will surely spare myself from apologizing to someone.

Sooman answer after few rings. "Good morning, Y/n."

"I accidentally told Baekhyun the truth." I blurted out before I could have any second thoughts to do so. I wouldn't want to deal with this alone, I needed help too.

"How is he? Where is he right now?"

"He has never left the apartment since last night- OH MY GOSH!" I let out a deafening shriek and stumbled back against the sink as soon as I turned around, supposedly to look at his bedroom door that could be seen from the kitchen, instead, I saw Baekhyun standing by the doorway and staring at me nonchalantly.

"Y/n? What happened?" Sooman frantically asked, probably hearing my heavy breaths after screaming.

"I-I will be there later, Sir." without taking my eyes off him, I ended the call without Sooman's response. A hand came up to my chest and felt my heart beating abnormally due to shock. "Do you really have to show up without a notice? You just gave me a heart attack!"

His face remained stoic at my screwed up ones. I found it awkward so I fixed my expression and turned away from him to get him his breakfast. "I'm sorry if this is the only thing that I could make for you." I placed the food on the counter without looking at him and quickly went back to the stove and pretend that I'm still making something.

Him staring at me like that is making me feel awkward and intimidated. I don't have any idea what's running in his mind, he might suddenly pounce on me and murder me because of slapping him last night or for telling him the painful truth that the one he considered a lover, never actually loved him.

Ugh! Bringing that up only made me feel even more guilty. "How are you feeling?" I asked, turning my head slightly for a sideward glance.

I waited for seconds but did not receive any answer from him. When I my heel to face him, he's still standing there, lips twitching as if he wants to say something but is holding himself back.

Seeing him like that, I had to take the initiative to start the conversation. "I'm sorry for hitting you last night."

I saw how tears form in the edges of his eyes before he does a quick turn and marches away from the kitchen. I know why he reacted like that, it's because I said sorry to him for what I did.

Without actually thinking and just wanted to comfort him, I hurried my way to follow him until we're in the living room. The moment I knew my arms could reach him, I took one huge step towards and immediately threw my arms around his waist, catching him off guard that he stopped on his track. His whole body tensed as soon as I pressed myself closer as possible and warmness slowly spreads across his cold back; a hiccup comes out from him.

"I didn't mean to do that," the moment I leaned my forehead against his back, my eyes automatically found his bandaged hand resting on his side. I slowly moved my hand of the same side, from his waist to his hand and holding it in mine, then gently rubbing my thumb on the back of it. "You did not...?"

Just when I was about to untangle myself so I could face him, he pulls his hand away from my soft hold. "No. I was trying to clean the glass I broke." his hoarse voice cracked when he said those and seems like it's something that he didn't want me to hear when he walks away from me and went straight inside his room.

I couldn't help the defeated sigh from coming out when the door closed.

Since he didn't took the breakfast I made for him, I ate it myself and even while knowing he never had a bite on it, I understood why he didn't want to eat it. Hehe. I'll just leave a note for him to know that Sehun actually bought him breakfast which I totally forgot by the way and maybe buy him the food that cheers him up, the one he bought for me in attempt to make me feel better the time my parents left.

After getting ready for today's meeting with Sooman, I went back to check on Baekhyun for the last time before leaving him alone. When I opened the door of his room, he was just laying on the bed. It felt weird seeing him like this, the energy he emit is not the same as before. Since this morning, even without knowing he's around me in the kitchen earlier, I could feel the gloominess he brought in the room. It was far from the usual aura that makes us want to fight each other because it's the air that we breathe everyday.

"I'm going somewhere." he gives no reaction to that, making me think if he's really asleep or is faking it. "Stay here. I'll be back in a moment."

I waited for at least a little flinch of his body but still received none. I slowly closed his door, trying to make less sound incase he didn't want a single noise to disturb his thoughts as he sort them out.

----

"Indeed, weird." with a tucked finger under his chin, Sooman nods his head. "I expected him to be all over the place, trying to find answers if you're really telling the truth."

"And while being scary." Chanyeol added. I walked in earlier and they were having a meeting that was about to end, so Chanyeol decided to join us to talk about his best friend. "It has been a while since he was seen at his scariest when angry, the last time was when he found out that Jian had been fired."

The nth sigh slip past my lips as I lazily leaned on the backrest of the chair. "I don't know what to do. It is so not him to just lay there and silently cry, he didn't even cared about cancelling all his schedules. I could understand it if he wants to go on with his activities and be rude to everyone around him, just like before."

"It must be because of your words. What else did you told him besides about Jian?"

As much as it breaks my heart because of guilt,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter