Chapter 34

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Baekhyun must be so eager to help himself and get over Jian, all he did for a week since we got back to the usual is going to his schedules and make up to those times he wasn't giving his fans some update for being too miserable to do so. He did everything without batting an eye and showing tiredness.

With one hand on the steering wheel, I could tell he's thinking deeply as his elbow rested on the window so he could bite on his forefinger. It's already midnight and we're just on our way home after going to his lessons, which is the last thing he does before calling it a day.

He usually never brings me along with him to his vocal lessons. Most of the time, he drops me off at the apartment building and then leave. Today was an exception, I guess, and it was my first time.

"I love my fans," he blurts out of nowhere and glances at me, snapping me out from sleepiness. "I want to give them something. Can you help me?"

"I think they'd be fine with a song, thank you."

He snapped his fingers and his expression lit up. "Why didn't I think about that?" the car took a sudden turn to the other lane.

"Where are we going?"

"SM. I need to tell Sooman so it will be planned right away."

I slid further down the seat, whining and kicking my feet. "We're literally few streets away from home! Can't you just wait until tomorrow or tell him about it through a text message?"

"This is not something that can be discussed through phone, Y/n."

We arrived at SM. He parks his car and quickly climbs out while I didn't move on my seat at all, lazily slumping against the backrest with my eyes partially closed. This is an exhausting day and he knows that, of course I would be tired since I follow him around.

Baekhyun rounded the car and opens the door to my side. "Out."

"Just go on your own!"

"You might get suffocated."

A breathy laugh. "Says the man who literally locked me inside the same car in my first day of work."

He pressed his lips to a straight line with his eyes narrowing. "You go out or-"

"Fine, fine! You are one impatient bacon, I hope you get overcooked."

I trailed behind him while pouting until we reached Sooman's office. He wasn't on his usual seat, I guess he stepped out for a bit. Feeling really sleepy, I went straight to the comfy in front of the desk, sat on it and throw my head back on the backrest before closing my eyes.

"Y/n is tired." footsteps were heard nearing. "Can't really wait about whatever is this, Baekhyun?"

My eyes fluttered open. "That's what I'm trying to tell him!" I exclaimed as my hand does gestures in the air to show displeasure.

Baekhyun ignores that and proceeded to tell Sooman his plan, since it seems like he isn't going to give credits for my idea. "I wanted to release a single, for my fans."

Sooman's brow twitched, as if he's asking why, through them.

Needless to say, Baekhyun answers, "Nothing, I just thought I should give them something after..." his teeth caught his bottom lip and his eyes looked down, sadly. He was hesitant, I reckon he was reminded of what he went through two weeks ago. "Uh... I should give them something after my silence for a week. It was such a long time and I wanted to make it up to them."

The elder nods his head. "I see. I'll leave the concept and message of the song to you, how do you want the song to approach them?"

Baekhyun hums through his pursed lips. "I want the song to feel like they're going out on a date with me."

"Interesting... Then I guess you have any idea how to do that, considering..." Sooman's voice trailed off knowingly.

Right, he went to a lot of secret dates with Jian. Of course he will have tons of ideas to make that stupid song into something that'll make the listeners feel like they're dating Baekhyun.

I stood up from my seat. "I'm heading out first." then I went straight to the door without waiting for any of their responses.

Stupid Baekhyun! He clearly saw that I'm sleepy and still insisted for me to go with him when he could have just leave me alone in that damn car. Now I'm too grumpy for being tired, I just wanted to sleep but he wants to be stupid.

I was nearing the exit that leads to the parking lot when I heard his voice calling me out from a distance. "Y/n!"

If I only I know how to drive, I could have escaped using his car since I have the keys with me, I always do. I'll definitely get myself a driver's license for situations like this in the future.

He was left ignored as I went on until we're few steps away from his car. I pressed a button on the key, the headlights lit up indicating that I had unlocked the doors and few seconds after that, he managed to grab my hand and spun me around to face him.

"What?" I asked rather irritably, and pried my hand away from his grip.

"Why the hell are you acting up all of the sudden?"

"Because I'm freaking tired and you're so insensitive to see it!" I turned around and went to open the door for myself, but before climbing in, I harshly threw his car keys at him, hitting his chest hard that he groans in pain and catches the key into his hands when it fell. I don't even feel sorry for that.

I settled in and pulled the door to close it as hard as I could that I hope it breaks. Then I leaned against the backrest with my arms folding across my chest and eyes closed, ready to sleep my way home.

Amazing! Now he's trying not to add fuel to the fire when he goes inside the car without saying a word, completely shutting his mouth in attempt to calm me down.

It was effective, I did calmed down a bit, not until the thought of where he'd probably get inspiration for his new song comes into my mind. The thought that it will be entirely about his dates with Jian is so upsetting enough for me to angrily kick my feet against the door, making him flinch on this seat.

"What's wrong with you?!"

"We were literally few streets away from home! I could've been sleeping by now if it wasn't because of your stupidity!"

He breathes out a mocking laugh. "Stop being so childish! What's done is done, we went back when we're few streets away and that is something that you have to accept!"

I rolled my eyes to gaze outside the window. "I make huge adjustments when I sense that you needed it, but you can't even do the same for me."

Nothing followed after that until we arrived home. As soon as the car stopped, I got myself out and even slammed the door with so much force, just to show how angry I get the longer I'm away from bed while being tired and sleepy, it's something that he shouldn't take lightly.

----

Sooman gave Baekhyun a week to get something for his song — date ideas to be exact. I thought the task would be easy for him as it seems like he does have a lot of experience and it was his choice that the content of the song must be from him for it to be sincere.

But it has been three days and there's still no progress, he's still thinking hard that his face is always contorting wherever we go or what he does in a certain schedule.

"You literally lied to me, a lot of times, just to go on secret dates with your ex-girlfriend."

He turns his head to look at me, glaring. "What the heck are you saying?"

"Didn't you dated Jian?"

His jaw clenched, and I could tell that his teeth are gritting behind those slightly pursed lips. "We went out but she never became my... Girlfriend."

"But she ans-"

"Why, Y/n? Do you have any date ideas with you?" he crosses his arms and smirked.

My lips parted, I didn't see that coming. So he's dismissing the topic by offending me, huh? "This is literally not the perfect time to offend me."

"Why is that offending? I'm only asking if you-"

"I've never been to a date before."

He gives me a look as if what I just said is the most unbelievable thing he have ever heard in his entire life. "You're kidding, right?"

"Baekhyun, look." I stick my wrists together and placed them under my chin, palms on my cheeks for a flower pose. "Every school year, there's this inside joke in my class that I'm the cutest and everyone treats me like a kid." then I fluttered my eyelashes.

"Yet no one likes this cutie!" seeing that he's attentively listening, I went on, "Why? Because they see me as a little sister that they should protect from kissing scenes! I can't ask someone out who only sees me as a kid and who would ever wanted to date someone like me? As what you said, I'm lame." and I pouted as I looked away from him.

"I was so envious every time my friends got letters and gifts from their admirers while I got none." I clicked my tongue and waved my hand off when the atmosphere is turning a little gloomy. "Nevermind that! I don't need a man to live a happy life. So what if I haven't been in a date? It's not like it's a sin and I'm going to hell for it."

I went to the couch I spotted beside the waiting room and took my phone out to check my Instagram. I liked few posts of my friends and watched some stories, the heavy feeling after sharing such information to Baekhyun is slowly getting light the longer I keep myself entertained, it was until I saw the IG story of one of my best friends.

It was a sweet conversation between her and... Her boyfriend? When the heck did she had one and how? For all I know, among our group of friends, she's the most complicated and I'm next in line. We gave her the man-hater title as it seems like she hates men and isn't interested in them either.

To answer my question, I replied under her story.

Turns out, she's been keeping it low-key until they're both sure they wanted their relationship to last since they only met through a dating site. Now that they have personally met and decided to stay with each other, she's slowly and cryptically showing that she's already dating the man of her dreams. She shared some of their moments to me and what they do on their dates, now I couldn't help but feel more envious.

"I want to date." I whined like a kid, kicking my feet against the floor. "I want to have a boyfriend too and go on group dates with our friends." as my fingers tapped on the screen, I mouthed the words that makes up my reply to my bestfriend.

The day went on with me trying to figure out how to get myself a boyfriend and imagining how our date would be. No matter how much I'd try, I can't think and im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter