Chapter 45

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"The moment you step a foot out of this van, you should pretend like you never know me or I never exist at all."

Baekhyun pushed his lower lip out, disagreeing with that idea. We have an agreement that he should conceal being clingy or never talk to me at all once it's time for him to film We Are One, and it will start as soon as we arrive at the meeting place where the boys had been waiting. That's for us both and not just for my career as his manager and him as an idol. I'm protecting both Baekhyun and myself as human beings deeply in love with each other.

"Baekhyun."

"I know... I just don't like the words you chose." he looks outside the window to his side and sigh after that. "I can never pretend that you don't exist, I don't even like the idea that I never met you."

Then he tilts his head back to me and pulled each corners of his lips for a gentle smile. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Y/n. And that's something I can't just allow to slip out of my mind."

It was my turn to pout at him childishly. If only our hearts could really melt and vanish when we're being told such words, I would have been long gone for losing mine, as words had always been one of Baekhyun's alluring way to have me swayed only to fall for him deeper.

"Okay, how about you think of this as a challenge instead." Baekhyun his head to the side, innocently waiting for me to continue. "You won't be doing this alone. Let's ignore each other and see if we could stay the same after the challenge."

"I don't understand, my love."

"You know the feeling when you eat too much sweets until you get sick of it?" he shakes his head to answer yes. "Think of it that way. If we were to be too sweet, we'd eventually get sick of it. Not that I don't want you to stay that way to me, my love, it's just a reference."

Baekhyun hums with a slight nod of his head, seemingly getting my point.

"While being away from each other seems to make our moods sour and seeing each other with someone else makes us bitter, it's like a refreshment to restore our cravings for something sweet." a proud smile appears from him along with an adoring gaze, all while I was talking.

"Do you get it? Baek, are you even listening?"

"I am," he answers with an intoxicated voice. "I'm just... Taking my time staring at you before I ignore you."

I rolled my eyes and breathed out a laugh. "When will you stop being so cheesy?"

"Maybe if you stop being so adorable in everything you do?" he leans back to his seat, intertwined his hands and stretch them out to make a cracking sound of his bones. "Besides, I want to win this challenge because the one who talks to the other one first will have to buy dinner after We Are One's filming."

"Deal! I will ace this challenge, you'll see."

We arrived at our destination not long after that and immediately spotted the boys loitering around the area along with some staffs and camera men following some of the artists. Baekhyun was eyeing what's happening outside while the van was backing in to park. From his reflection on the window, I saw how he narrowed his eyes on something or someone from outside. It seemed to me that he found a threat.

"My love," he turns to me. "You know that my fifth anniversary since I debuted is in less than a week, right?"

"Of course, how could I forget that. Why did you ask?"

He bites down on his lower lip while staring at me, hesitation flashing past his eyes. Then he shakes his head slightly and said, "Nothing. I have to go." and he stands up from his seat, ready to leave the van.

"Baekhyun," I caught his hand before he could open the door. "I just want to remind you that I'm not going to stay for the entire filming."

"I know that, you have to leave first thing in the morning tomorrow and catch the earliest flight to Jeju because you're attending a bestfriend's wedding. What about that?"

"I just thought if you want to spend time with me before I leave? You know? When everyone's asleep so we're safe and all, and then we sneak out for a night walk around the lake."

Baekhyun lets out a mischievous chuckle. "I'll text you once I confirm that everyone is deep asleep." he winks at me before opening the door and hopped out of the vehicle.

Why do I love him so much that my heart melts in everything he does? I pressed a palm on my chest to feel my palpitating heart as I keep my eyes on Baekhyun happily talking to the boys outside, oblivious about what he did to my heart.

Then my gaze flew to the rearview mirror and saw the driver eyeing me with a teasing grin, instantly making me feel shy as I remember how he was awkwardly glancing at us while Baekhyun and I were all flirty and exchanging endless words of how much we adore each other.

"I'm sorry if you have to see us like that." I beamed at him apologetically.

"Not a problem, dear. It's honestly fascinating to see how you kids changed so much. From fighting to flirting like that." he laughs, now I'm more than embarrassed and red. "You said you're leaving tomorrow, do you want me to pick you up?"

"It's fine, ahjussi. I'll be off with a co-manager who won't be staying too." I meant Seoho for that one and I just hope that Baekhyun won't know about it or I'll have to pacify him for the entire day and never leave at all. He's such a baby, especially when jealous.

I climbed out of the van and went to get my things. Then I proceeded to join the managers gathered beside a bus that Suho's manager provided for us, while our artists have to be divided to fit into the vans provided by the show. I wonder why they never thought of doing the same even when Suho suggested to.

"Baekhyun's manager!" Sehun's manager waved at me excitedly. "Where do you want to sit?"

"Anywhere as long as I sit beside the window."

"You can have seats individually, it's a bus after all." Kyungsoo's manager helped me on placing my luggage in the compartment, I thanked him silently with a smile and he playfully pats the crown of my head. He won't be joining us in the bus since he brought his own car that we'll use for tomorrow to leave the site.

"It's time to leave! Our artists have already been divided and are going into their designated vans with their designated travel buddies!" Minseok's manager announced with glee while skipping his way inside the bus.

The rest of us followed after him and I was the last one to climb up. Before going inside, I looked back to check on Baekhyun and saw him frowning at me. I didn't know how long he has been like that and Sehun had to push him inside their van, impatient that Baekhyun is taking too long to enter.

I never gave him any reaction at all. Like I told him, I'm going to ace the challenge and I have always been true to my words.

It took hours for us to reach the camping site. I had restored all of my energy after falling asleep an hour into the travel, as I was feeling dizzy and sick while exchanging text messages with Baekhyun. Now I know why I shouldn't read words while traveling, that's if I don't want to spoil my mood for being sick.

"This is our side of the camp." Suho's manager was leading us to the spot for us managers. "It's not that far from our artists' so we can still monitor them while having our own fun."

"We looking like normal human beings in a camping if we get spotted on the camera."

"Our princess here obviously won't share a tent with anyone." I playfully did a formal bow at Minseok's manager, for acknowledging me as a princess.

"The rest of us will pair up, two people in a tent!"

While they're choosing who to pair with among themselves, I went to check the tent that Suho personally provided for me. He gave me a tent as a gift a week before and told me it's for the camping we managers planned to do while they're filming. I still have to put it up though and I never knew how to do it.

I felt a poke on my shoulder as I was reading the instructions I found along with the tent. "Are you done pairing up?" once I spun around to face the person, expecting for him to be one of the managers, a surprised gasp slip past my lips. "France? What are you doing here?"

"I'm a captive," he laughs. "My friends wanted me to take a break from all my business and literally abducted me." France jerked a thumb behind him, showing me his friends. Five utterly handsome men waves at me with huge grins on their faces. Of course I waved back at them with a shy smile and bowed a bit.

"They took everything that could make me do some work, that's why I wasn't able to tell you. I have been camping here for two days now."

"Your friends are so thoughtful, I'd do the same if I were them, honestly. I mean, you're all work and business. You should have time for yourself too."

He stares at me with a soft smile and it lasted for a moment before shifting his eyes down on my tent. "Do you want me to help you with that?"

"Yes, please."

The managers were busy arguing about who to pair with, their voices filled the whole side of our camp while France did my tent and I'm helping him. Just in time after it was up, they're done and finally ceased their little fight.

"Who are you?" France and I turned to Kai's manager and immediately saw how shock dominated his expression. "Aren't you Y/n's boyfriend?"

Upon hearing that, the rest of the managers gathered around to join the conversation.

"You are! I saw you with Y/n before!" Lay's manager points a finger at France. The latter smiled at him awkwardly, not knowing what to say as he looked at me as though asking for some kind of help.

"Sooman was so intrigued and talked to us about your boyfriend." Chanyeol's manager nodded his head to confirm what Sehun's manager said.

Right, I forgot about France being my fake boyfriend just to cover up every suspicious thing that Baekhyun and I did before. I pressed my teeth down on my bottom lip and discreetly moved my gaze to the other side of the camp, instantly seeing an innocent Baekhyun joking around with the boys. I can't help but feel guilty of that time I shamelessly asked out France right in front of him, clueless that I was breaking his heart.

Baekhyun must've felt my eyes on him when he rotated his head to look at my direction. Disbelief immediately conquered his eyes and his mouth fell agape once he realized that the one standing beside me is France, the one he considered as the biggest threat. He stands up from the tree log he's sitting on and was about to leave but I was quick to gesture no, so he sat back down with a pout and furrowed brows before looking away. Not even an hour since we arrived at this relaxing nature and I already have a task to pacify my jealous baby.

"Actually, we're not dating." I turned my attention back to France when he said that. "It was something that we have to tell the CEO, in order for her to stay in her job as Baekhyun's' manager."

"Yeah, Sooman has been suspicious of me and Baekhyun, I had to save myself." I confirmed, feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulders. Keeping France as my fake boyfriend had been hard, especially when it's all over SM entertainment and staffs would ask me about our alleged 'relationship' every time they get the chance to... All while Baekhyun is listening right beside me.

"I expect you guys to not tell everyone about this, for now." I pleaded and clasped my hand together.

"Of course, we wouldn't want to have you fired." Lay's manager grinned and all of them agreed by nodding their heads. I trust these managers, as they've always been like older brothers to me.

----

The sun had set, the campfire is burning. I was told to get something that may keep it lit up and since it was an easy task, I refused to get any he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter