Chapter 18

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

My mouth fell agape and my eyes were bulging as they stilled on his own pair.

Hundred_B, my favorite follower... Is Baekhyun? All this time, I have been talking to Baekhyun? He's the one who has been listening to how much I truly admire him despite the attitude he shows me when we personally meet each other every day. It must be fun seeing me fall into his other identity, it surely boosted his ego now that he knows what I actually think about him.

"I guess that explains why you're trying so hard to endure everything, so you get to stay beside me; when you told me to buy something for my nephew which I never mentioned; and you've read fanfictions about me having a really strict managers that I couldn't meet someone." he paused to let out a breathy laugh. "You've been dropping hints and I failed to pick them up. You could've been done with this job long ago."

I gulped, not knowing what to say. He had that confident and flirty look when he approaches me.

"I finally have the easiest way to make Sooman fire you." then he leans closer towards my face, I leaned back as a reaction. "Your heart must've been fluttering everyday because you get to see your idol. Was it fun being steps ahead of the other fans because you're a manager? You're more updated?" he says into my face and even pressed my nose as if it was some kind of button before he turns around and goes back to his seat.

Ha, heart flutter his . If he thought those times he's rude to me made my heart flutter, he's wrong! I wanted to say it right into his face but I couldn't open my mouth. I'm caught red handed, I'm obviously overwhelmed at this very moment. Even when he was leaning towards me, our face close and booping my nose didn't make my heart race.

He threw a leg over the other and arrogantly said, "I'm going to tell Sooman you've been my fan."

"Go ahead." I tilted my head to look at him, giving him the same confident look he had. "I was going to leave this job in the first place. I'm sending you your schedules and you don't have to see me again."

I was running out of words to say. Luckily, the door opened and a bunch of people came in. They were the team that we've been waiting for to start the meeting. I quietly sat on my seat, this time not across Baekhyun but to the other end of the table. Somewhere really far from him.

In the middle of the meeting, while the team were discussing about Baekhyun's concept idea, my phone vibrated right after I yawned. When I looked under the table to check, it was a message from Hundred_B... I mean, Baekhyun.

Hundred_B:
Need someone to entertain you? You seemed bored in the middle of your work :)

What a piece of- I quickly went to twitter to block both of his accounts, official and not. So he's going to be annoying about me being his fan? He'd be arrogant and would always remind me how I lied, just so I could get this job? We'll see what he can do once I fall out of love because being arrogant is a major disappointment for me.

I could feel him intently staring from the other end of the table and I can't take it anymore! I stood up from my seat, catching everyone's attention. "T-there was an emergency at home, I'll be leaving." and I sprinted my way out of the conference room, not making any eye contact with everyone.

My head flickered to the way out of the building and to the elevator that could take me up to Sooman's office. I didn't know what to do, should I go and confess right now so I don't have to work for tomorrow until forever? Or calm my overwhelmed mind and tell Sooman through text, let him decide without seeing him personally. I wouldn't want to know how he's going to scold me for lying that I've been Baekhyun's fan.

I took deep breaths and fluttered my eyes close to help myself relax. Once calm, I decided to choose the latter and go home to ready myself and my confession.

Right after having my dinner was the time I decided to tell Sooman. I've readied the words to send to him and already have backups incase he's respond differently to what I expected. I sat on my bed while holding on my phone tightly, bracing myself before I started typing my message.

You:
Sir, can I tell you something?

My feet tapped against the floor as I waited. It took awhile before I received a reply. I understand him, he's a busy man.

Teacher Lee Sooman:
What is it? Is Baekhyun bothering you?

You:
Sir, can I leave?

The message was sent before the promise of keeping what I know about Jian, dawned into me. Sooman probably wouldn't let go of me that easily and he'll ask a lot of questions... Which will lead to him finding out I'm his fan. Yes, I planned to tell him I'm quitting and confess that I'm Baekhyun's fan but my mind changed after thinking about this whole situation deeply and finally decided not to tell him the fan part.

I panicked and hurriedly typed my backup message which I prepared incase I change my mind.

You:
*Have a leave

You:
For three days.

Teacher Lee Sooman:
Oh, I thought you wanted to quit because I won't let you. Not when I already trusted you about Jian and you're the most perfect manager I hired for Baekhyun.

Teacher Lee Sooman:
You can have a leave anytime. But why?

You:
My parents are moving to another country and they'll leave me alone here. So I thought I should spend my whole three days with them before they leave.

Teacher Lee Sooman:
I'll have a staff to temporarily stand as Baekhyun's manager while you're on leave. Take your time and go on a picnic with your parents.

You:
Thanks, Sir.

I blew out a good amount of air and pressed a palm on my chest out of relief. The best that I can do for now is to avoid Baekhyun for days and while he's not around, I'm going to figure out how I'll act around him now that he knows I'm his fan.

Even when I didn't want to have any interactions with him for the meantime, I gathered my courage and pressed his name to send him a message before blocking his number, too. I already made a soft copy of his schedules for the whole month and I'll just have to send it to him to make him think that I really am serious about leaving.

You:
Schedules_for_the_month.docx

You:
That'll be your schedules. Bye.

Once the message was sent, I quickly blocked his number and threw my phone on the nightstand. With my arms spread, I let myself carelessly fall back on my bed.

Now what do I do? Should I continue being his manager and pull the no-personal-feelings-in-work card every time he's going to be annoying about my fangirl being? What if he's going to use that to blackmail me and leave me with no choice but allow him to meet Jian?

Back to Hundred_B which I thought was a girl. So that's why his story of losing someone is so similar to Baekhyun's because he was Baekhyun all the time. I still couldn't process such information I found today and the fact that he had seen my tweets about him (and some of them are even thirsty tweets!) is making everything worst! He's definitely going to tease me about how I'd call him pet names in my updates. Heck! He must've seen those sweet and encouraging messages I post randomly when I feel emotional about loving him, all of them stating how much I really feel for him.

Ugh! Not to mention those desperate replies under his tweet, hoping to get noticed by him.

Can I just... Disappear from this world and be forgotten by everyone else?

----

"Let's spend some time in a hotel!" I blurted out in the middle of our peaceful breakfast. Mom and Dad confusedly stared at me. "Come on! You two are leaving me alone here. At least make it luxurious."

I thought of spending my remaining time with my parents somewhere far from home. I was just scared incase Baekhyun shows up so suddenly as he had been here for many times. I blocked him on twitter, also his phone number, and I'm refusing to answer any calls from an unregistered one. He obviously couldn't reach me because I didn't want him to mock me like what he did back at the conference room.

"I'm booking a reservation in a hotel near the airport!" I added. "We'll get relaxing spa and we could swim around the pool."

"Honey, that's so thoughtful of you but-"

"You don't have to spend anything, it's on me. Just please." I sounded so desperate and good thing they took it as I'm desperate to have a luxurious moments with them rather than desperate of running away from someone.

"Okay." Mom agreed. "But we shouldn't stay inside the hotel. I want us to go out and have fun too."

"Yes!" I yelped, shooting up to stand caused by the excitement. "Let's go! I want to jump on a hotel bed!"

Even when I don't want to be teased for being his fan, there was this little feeling in my heart that is hoping for him to show up so suddenly and ask if I'm really leaving and stop me once I confirm. Funny, but I don't know why I feel that way and hope for something ridiculous.

We left the house around lunch and made our way to the hotel where I booked a room reservation for us three. I got us a connected hotel room, one for me and my parents had to share the other one of course. I also had planned everything we will do while they're still beside me.

I have always been close to my parents and them leaving me alone here to live on my own is obviously saddening. Who's going to ask how my day went? Give me the best advice to keep my sanity while I deal with a rude Baekhyun? I would never have someone to drive him away when I don't want to see him and once they leave, I will have to go home to an empty house and look for them and then be saddened to the realization that I'm alone.

But hey, they're still here, I reminded myself. Might as well make the most out of it.

I opened the door that's connecting my room to my parents' and peeked a head to see what they're doing and said, "I'm hungry. Can we eat?" I stepped in and approached their bed to sit on it. "There's a buffet and has all my favorites."

"Pass, I'm not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter