Chapter 47

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I swear I heard my door password clicking, that certain sound actually waking me up but I remained still on my bed with my eyes closed. Clacking sounds of what seems like long and sharp nails colliding against the floor soon followed, the bedroom door that was left ajar had been pushed open.

I felt my bed shaking a bit before something soft glides across my cheek, leaving a trail of saliva on my skin. My eyelids fluttered and the first thing I saw was Mongryong beside my head.

"Mongryongie, good morning." I greeted him sleepily and sat up. He doesn't give me the chance to snuggle him up and quickly jumps off the bed while barking, his tail wagging happily behind.

Did he just gave me an attitude, first thing in the morning? Pouting, I laid back down on the bed but then Mongryong started barking once again. I got up, dangled my legs on the edges of the bed and that's when he bites the hem of my sweatpants and tug on it. Seems like he wanted me to leave the bed, so I did. Though that isn't enough for him to let my pants go and continued pulling on it, wanting for me to walk towards the door and go out of my room.

"Okay, okay Mongryongie. I understand you, baby." I said and he finally detached himself from me and ran towards the main door of my apartment. I followed after him, giggling at our baby being adorable.

"Alright, let's go to your appa." I picked him up in my arms before opening the door of my apartment and got ourselves out to go at Baekhyun's.

The first sense that was awaken once we're inside of Baekhyun's apartment, was my sense of smell. Several aroma of foods had taken over the place, eventually leading me towards the kitchen where they probably came from.

I carefully peek from the doorway and can't help myself but giggle at the sight of Baekhyun pacing around the kitchen while holding a bowl of food. He was humming to a song with a wide and proud smile etching on his lips.

He catches a glimpse of me as he placed the food down the table. "There you are, baby." he wipes his hands on the apron wrapped around his body. "I made breakfast."

I put Mongryong down on the floor and straightened up, hands on my hips. "You mean, you ordered breakfast and heated them up?"

"Well, I'm sorry if YOUR BOYFRIEND doesn't know how to cook."

Disbelief immediately takes over my expression — showing my boyfriend, Baekhyun, the contrary to what my heart really wants me to feel after emphasizing that he's mine. My boyfriend... It sounded foreign to me, I still can't even believe I actually can put 'Baekhyun' and 'my boyfriend' together in a sentence to spit a fact.

"What's with the face? You know I'm never the type to be cocky about something I achieve." he removes the apron and strode towards me, while I'm keeping a contorted face. Baekhyun then stands in front of me and takes me by the waist to pull me closer. "But if I'm asked to brag something I'm proud of, I'd say that it's making you mine." a sweet kiss then meets my forehead after saying those.

Someone stop him! I cracked a forced smile, mimicking the way he did in Get You Alone's music video, before I squeaked. "I can never get used to us being like this." I stepped away from Baekhyun and show both of my enclosed fists, looking like I'm about to punch him. "Come on, fight me! Fight me!"

"No." he takes one of my fists and opens it, only to slip his fingers into the gaps between mine and interlace our hands. "We're not the same as we were in the past, Y/n. I know you still can't believe, but everything is real. I'm yours, you're mine, we're together."

Baekhyun lifts our connected hands to peck the back of mine, not only it melted my heart but liquifies it instead; I can't feel it anymore! This is too much for me to take in that it hurts, yet I wanted more. More of us being like this, more of those words that makes me fall for him even deeper, more of what Baekhyun has to offer in this relationship.

"We should eat our breakfast. The food is getting cold and we still have to go to my schedule, manager-nim." he sang the last word teasingly as he pulled me along with him towards the dinning table. I was giggling in pure admiration to see him like this, just the same playful Baekhyun towards his fans as he was on stage.

He lets go of my hand to pull a chair for me and once I'm settled, he rounds the table to take the seat across mine. The whole time, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He is just... Strangely a million times more handsome now that he's mine.

"So you told me yesterday, you waited to hear from Sooman that he had lifted the dating ban from your career. Does that mean we can tell him about us?"

Baekhyun briefly drops his gaze on to the plate of food in front of him and brings back an apologetic one. "About that..."

He didn't have to tell me twice and understood it right away. Of course we can't, it was strictly in my contract to never have any romantic attachments with the artist I'm handling. Even when I never really went through with that piece of paper, I know that rule and I know it's the most crucial that I have to follow.

But can you ever catch something to hold on to, whilst falling mid-air?

Maybe you can but the grip isn't going to be strong enough, you'll eventually slip away and continue falling without knowing when will you reach the end.

Ever since I got hired to be Baekhyun's manager, I'm falling deeper in love with him, every second of everyday and it doesn't just stop. The contract, Jian and the truth, and me wanting to stay in this job are those things I tried to get ahold of to keep myself from falling any further. And I obviously failed to keep my grip tight on them. I'm in a relationship with Baekhyun, and I'm loving everything that is happening and will happen as we hold each other's hands.

"We still have to cover it up."

"For the mean time." he claims. "Since we just started, I think we should wait for a while before we tell anyone. It's not because I'm not proud of us, I want you to keep the job that you love the most. You told me about that."

I smiled at him and he returns it as he reached for my hand from across the table, then giving it gentle circles using his thumb.

"If ever we eventually get caught, I want to tell everyone about you. And I mean by everyone... Are my fans."

That caught me off guard. "Huh?" my eyes blinked rapidly. "You want to kill me?"

"Kill you?"

"Did you know how your fans reacted when we first got on stage for Candy?" his brows furrowed. "I was not the dancer they expected and... Like... Hated me for it. Because unlike me, Jihyang is married and they're all 'okay, we shouldn't worry' about her while I was someone unknown to everyone."

Baekhyun looks at me as if I just said something so hilarious and unbelievable. "I can do everything to protect you. Don't you trust me?"

I responded with a knowing gaze, confident that he already knows the answer to his own question. Baekhyun brings my hand up to his lips and press a quick kiss on the back of it.

I trust my man and his words more than anyone and anything else in this world.

----

"Okay, you will be having a meeting about your concert." I scrolled through the iPad, checking his schedule for today while we're heading to his car. "They'll probably ask me for some suggestions, as what they always do. I want you to act like the way it was before."

"How? I can't remember."

I looked back at him and chuckled. "Baekhyunie, of course you should say you didn't like what I suggest at all."

"No."

"Baekhyun."

"My love, you are my fan. You know what it takes to make my stage appealing for fans like you."

A light sigh escapes from me as I thought of some alternatives to carry on with this act. "How about I suggest something lame, can you say you don't like it?"

"I will try," he pursed his lips into thin line. "If I don't really like it."

"That's my baby." I caressed his cheek and he leans into my touch before taking my hand and continued on our way with our hands linked, giddy smiles plastering on our faces.

Back then, whenever I see couples holding each other's hands whether in dramas or in real life, I always thought it's kind of cringe or what. I never thought I'd swallow my own words and would never be willing to let go of Baekhyun's hand once he holds mine.

One might say that I'm only this willing to hold on to Baekhyun since we're new to this relationship.

But who knows? I have always wished to hold his hand until the end, even back when I'm just his fan from afar, Jian getting into the way and me almost accepting that cruel 'reality' that he had found someone to love.

We got into the car and left the apartment building shortly after playfully arguing about how I should take the driving responsibility once I get to have the license. I wanted to do it since I'm his manager, while Baekhyun refused because he's my boyfriend and doesn't want me to do more work than he does. I literally just handle his schedules, tell him what are those, and then follow him around. That's not a lot of work.

"I thought about this, but we should practice that once we get into this car, we're no longer in a relationship."

Baekhyun glances at me with his eyes widening, surprised with what I just said but nonetheless composed himself and stared back at the road.

"I mean, let's pretend we're not in a relationship."

He sighs heavily, one hand leaving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter