Chapter 4

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

The SMTOWN concert is happening in two days from now but Sooman wanted Baekhyun and I to go to Japan as soon as possible. So after he told me to get my passport and things ready, I rushed back home to prepare for my flight tomorrow.

"Why are you packing?" I tilted my head towards my door and saw my mom walking in with my neatly folded clothes resting on her palms.

"Oh, I'm so excited to pack I forgot to tell you that I'm heading to Japan tomorrow. You know that I'm Baekhyun's manager so I'll have to follow him there."

Mom sat on the edge of my bed and placed my clothes beside her. "Are you okay, Y/n?"

I hummed confusedly. "Of course, Mom. Why would you ask that?"

"I'm just making sure." she says with a smile. "Is Baykhun good to you?" I chortled at the way she pronounces Baekhyun's name.

"Mom, he is not what I think he is!" I told her, voice laced with excitement like a kid ready to tell mom how my day went after picking me up from school. "He is rude! Yesterday, he intentionally spilled the coffee I bought for him and made me clean it!"

Mom nods so I continued. "Today he threw his shirt on my face and it was disgusting! It was wet with his sweat ugh!" I showed her a disgusted expression and she lets out a hearty laugh at that. "But I'm fine with it, mom. Not because he's Baekhyun. Well partly. But I'm willing to endure to help you and dad."

She presses her lips, forming a thin line. Hesitation to speak was written all over her face so I cocked my head to the side with a soft innocent expression etching on my face. It is what I do to encourage her to tell me everything in her mind.

"Your dad and I are planning to move back."

"Huh?"

"Not right now. Once I know you're fine here and I'll be at ease knowing you're living a good life, that's when I'm flying back to our country together with your dad." she stands up from my bed. "If you want to go back home, I wouldn't mind. But I'm sure you're staying here now that you could see Baykhun everyday."

I've been dreaming to go back to our country, where I was born. That was back when I know there were low chances of me bumping into Baekhyun in this big city of Seoul. But now that I'm seeing him everyday because I'm his manager, I don't know what to feel. My family and I have been living in Korea since I was in college. It didn't took long for me to embrace living in here but I always thought of going back to where I started.

"I'll think about it."

She hums before walking out of my room. I shook the thought of our topic and went back to packing my things for tomorrow's flight. I wanted everything to be perfect! This isn't the first time I'm flying to a different country but I'm going with Baekhyun!

I couldn't sleep even after a tiring day. Insomnia , indeed. I just laid down on my bed while staring up at the ceiling. Since I'm updated with what Baekhyun is up to, there is no use for me to browse twitter and any other social medias where I used to get some updates regarding him.

But... There are people who could help me sleep! I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and went to the twitter app to tweet. I know a lot of my followers will surely help me and give some advice.

I can't sleep! How do you help yourself to sleep? Let's talk!

I pressed the tweet button and waited for it to be posted. Once up, it took seconds before it was flooded with like and tweets under.

You count from one to thousands, you won't realize you've fallen asleep by that.

I imagine I'm in a relationship with Baekhyun and we're always having sweet moments! It helps me a lot!

Drink warm milk!

I listen to slow music. It helps me.

My heart just melted that they're answering my simple question. And as expected my favorite follower is up to help me.

@Hundred_B: I can't sleep too! How about we talk instead?

Before I could reply to his tweet, a notification bar popped out, telling me that someone had sent me a private message. It was Hundred_B! I was surprised since it's the first time that she had messaged me in our years of interacting through my tweets.

Hundred_B:
Hey.

Hundred_B:
I can't sleep too :)

Hundred_B:
Is it fine if we talk for a bit?

You:
Of course, love :)

You:
What's keeping you up? We can talk about it and ease your mind.

Hundred_B:
You're so caring ^^

Hundred_B:
Uhm. Since you don't know me personally and I'm hiding everything about me in this account. I'll be opening up to you comfortably.

You:
Go ahead! I won't judge.

Hundred_B:
So everyone thinks I'm a bad person.

Hundred_B:
And I have to live like it didn't matter to me, everyday. Ever since someone ruined something from my smooth and great past.

You:
That's awful.

Hundred_B:
It was actually my fault why everyone thought I'm a bad person. I just wanted... To get someone back.

You:
So it's like... Rebelling. Is it?

Hundred_B:
Let's put it that way.

Weird. Since it reminded me of Baekhyun in my own theory of why he's rude. With narrowed eyes, I thought of the next words to reply.

You:
What do you do to make everyone think you're bad??

Hundred_B:
Being bad.

Hundred_B:
But I'm only being bad to one person for rebelling. I don't know why it turned out that almost everyone is mad at me, secretly.

You:
Because being rude is bad, Hundred.

You:
I'm calling you Hundred since I don't know your name.

You:
Even if you're only rude to one person. Everyone will automatically think that you're really rude. Because you showed them something bad and they don't like.

You:
Whatever you had in your past, and if it's something that you can't take back easily, I hope the present fixes you. If you're being rude to someone because of what happened in the past, better let it go. It won't do good in you.

Hundred_B:
Thanks :)

Hundred_B:
I hope I made you feel sleepy, my favorite Baekhyun fan.

Hundred_B:
Good night.

You:
You did. Good night to you too, Hundred, my favorite follower.

Right after exiting the app and placing my phone back on nightstand, I felt the sleepiness slowly taking over my body. As I lay back down on the bed and my eyes finding the ceiling once again, I couldn't help but wonder; what if Baekhyun is rude to his managers because someone has been taken away from him. Perhaps, a bestfriend? Or a manager he really liked? Or a bestfriend that is his manager but was fired because they're both annoying when they're in the same place.

Whatever. I'm going to find out everything about his backstory soon but for now, I have to sleep for the flight tomorrow.

Of course, since I'm excited for my trip to Japan. I woke up just in time and had a lovely and relaxing time to prep myself before I cheerfully made my way to SM Entertainment. As usual, I happily greeted some staffs I bumped into while dragging my luggage towards the building.

"Good morning!" I greeted Doyeon and Soomi, confidently lifting my chin up and tightening my grip on the handle of my luggage.

"Our legendary manager seems to be really excited." Doyeon wiggled her brows teasingly.

"Excited that she get to travel with Baekhyun." added Soomi and even punched my shoulder jokingly.

"Hey! Why are you guys teasing me to him?" I tried to sound disgusted but I'm actually loving it. No one ships me to Baekhyun before?!

Soomi bobbed her shoulders. "It's just fascinating how you put up with such attitude of him." her eyes slowly moved up behind me so my own pair followed and saw Baekhyun from the second floor, leaning his arms against the glass railings while staring down at us seriously like he's trying to listen to what we're talking about.

"I think I need to go." I muttered and the girls nodded so I waved a hand at them and went straight towards the elevator.

I pressed the 2nd floor button and the doors were about to close when I heard someone yelling and a hand coming in between the crack of the closing doors, opening it once again for him to enter.

"Sorry about that." he steps in with a sweet smile that makes his deep dimples visible. The moment he stood beside me, I'm already trying not to squeal!

It was Lay! One of SM's best male soloists alongside with Baekhyun. He's usually in China maybe that's why I never saw him since I started working here.

Lay hums with a confused tone as he bent over a bit and looked at me. "Aren't you Baekhyun's manager?"

I grinned at him awkwardly and nodded my head, a little hesitant. "Uhm, yes I am."

"Nice to meet you! Baekhyun had mentioned you to me through our conversations." he holds out a hand so I grabbed on to it and shyly shook our hands together. "It's been what days since you started working as his manager?"

"Today's the third day."

"Wow! So far the longest. Please don't quit. I'm rooting for you, Y/n!"

And he even knew my name! Baekhyun mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter