Chapter 33

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"You passed my mother's trustworthy test by the way."

"Huh?"

Baekhyun takes a slice of pizza from the box. "She actually told me that she gave you her number." he takes a bite. "And also about not telling me about it."

"So...?"

"You lied to me when I asked about that just to keep it a secret which Eomma wants you to do." he shrugged. "Don't ask me, I also don't have any idea why she did that. I never knew she conduct tests."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him, then torturing myself by watching him eat the pizza I bought, all alone. Since I died first in our game 2 days ago, I had to treat him as promised but has to be delayed. I ran a lot of errands regarding his rescheduled activities that he will have to accomplish starting tomorrow, I want him to enjoy the remaining days of his rest so I didn't bother him and did things all by myself.

"Whatever! I should get myself ready." I said, abruptly leaving my seat and stretch my arms as I exited his kitchen.

"Where are you going?"

I looked back at him and answered, "There's this once a year manager party that's held for idol managers." just by thinking about it is making me excited! "It's my first time attending! I'm finally seeing some managers just like me."

He puts down the pizza he's holding, his face turning serious. "Is Seoho going to be there?"

"He's still in tour with Kyungsoo, so I guess that's a no?"

That answer seems to put him at ease when his face went from stoic to relaxed. "Okay. Have fun then."

"Adios!"

The night came faster than I expected, maybe it was just because I'm excited about this party. As I stepped out of my apartment, Baekhyun suddenly shows up when his door opened. Our eyes travelled to each other's outfits, he's dressed as if he's going out on a late night date. If only I didn't accidentally blurted out the truth to him, I would probably think he's out to meet Jian and go to another secret date with her.

Well, that calmed my heart down. At least I know he's not going to meet some girls and go on a date as he just got himself heart broken and is still in the process of moving on. Besides, he protects his image more than he does to me so I guess that's enough to say that I should not overthink and conclude things on my own.

"Going already?" he asks, closing his door behind him.

I nodded. "Yup."

"Perfect, I'm heading out to meet a friend. Maybe I could drop you off to the venue of that party you mean?"

I gasped, amused. "Yes, please. I feel safer when you're driving." and I skipped away from him, not wanting to see his probably disgusted reaction to my words.

The ride was kind of quiet but comfortable for the first few minutes, it was until Baekhyun started asking some questions about the party like who would be there? What would we do? Is Seoho still in a tour with Kyungsoo when they've flown back to Korea just this morning? Obviously, he wants assurance that Seoho won't suddenly show up to the party.

But I can't give him that, and he doesn't need to know.

"Are you drinking?"

"With my low tolerance? No thanks." I chuckled. "I might get myself embarrassed without me knowing and no one's driving me home."

When I looked outside the window, I saw the sign of the bar where the party is happening. I pointed a finger to it as I flinched on my seat out of excitement. "There it is! That's the name of the bar that Lay's manager sent to me."

Baekhyun glances at the establishment where my finger is pointing at and then to the one across the street, which is a cafe. His face lit up a bit before turning the car towards the parking lot of the bar.

"Wait, I thought you're meeting up with a friend are you joining the party? You're not a manager though."

"I'm not joining. Coincidentally, I'm meeting this friend at the cafe across the street." once the car stops, he looks at me. "I'm picking you up after an hour."

"An hour?!" I let out a breathy laugh. "You're not my mom to tell me when do I get home." I was ready to open the door and escape, but he had to threaten me.

"I'm picking you up after an hour or we're going back home?" he pressed a button and something from the door moved. What a piece of bacon! He locked the doors so I couldn't get out!

My jaw fell in disbelief. "Fine!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms and looking away from him, annoyed that he had to set a certain time for me to go home. I mean, we will start attending his schedules tomorrow and it will be a long day, I obviously want to make the most out of my remaining time before doing so.

"I'm doing this for you, Y/n." he pressed the same button to unlock the doors and I immediately took the chance to open it before my words could change his mind.

"You're acting like a possessive boyfriend. I'm not even your type." I teasingly stuck a tongue out before swiftly climbing out of the vehicle and run away from him.

I entered the bar and the first ones to greet me were Sehun and Chanyeol's managers. Since they're one of those familiar managers to me, they guided me to their table consisting of those managers I went to the dinner meeting with before.

"There you are, Y/n-ssi!" Minseok's manager upraised his palm for me to slap before taking my seat beside him. "Is Seoho with you?"

"No, but he will be here after some business he had to deal from work."

I had to lie that Seoho won't be joining, fully aware that Baekhyun probably won't allow me to attend this party since he doesn't like Seoho around me. I still don't understand why when he no longer have the reason to dislike him, Jian is the reason but she's out of here now. Does he have that habit of disliking someone without a reason? Like how he hated me right after getting the job a his manager when I barely did anything to him.

My eyes started wandering around the place, I could see some female managers from the other table. Finally, someone like me! I should make friends with them. But I was suddenly hesitant to stand up and approach their table since some of them were looking at me, whispering to each other, and giggle as they steal glances.

"Is there something wrong?" Lay's manager asked, I couldn't answer him and just kept my eyes to the other table and bit my lips anxiously. I wonder what they're talking about, I'm sure it's about me.

Sehun's manager went to look where I'm staring at. "Oh, they are different idol group member managers and newly hired, they have been expecting to see you here."

Twinkling my eyes innocently, I asked, "Really? Why?"

"You're like their role model or something." Junmyeon's manager bobbed his shoulders.

That gave me enough confidence to stand up and make my way to their table with a sweet smile tugging my lips. When they saw that, their faces went from fangirling to panicked.

Few steps away from my seat, someone suddenly holds an arm in front of me, I came into an abrupt stop as my eyes travelled to see who did that.

"Aren't you Baekhyun's manager?"

Confused, I nodded quietly to answer him.

"And it's your first time joining the party?"

"Uh, yeah."

He takes a glass of what seems like an alcoholic drink from a table behind him and hands it to me. "Then you should take the first shot." he s the glass in my hands, I didn't have any choice but to accept it reluctantly. "We haven't started drinking since we're waiting for the legendary manager."

Damn it, that made me blush. I still hold the legendary manager title even up to now?

"But I have a low tolerance." I muttered through gritted teeth. And I told Baekhyun I won't be drinking. If I get a hang over after this, no one is going to take care of me and to accompany Baekhyun to his schedules tomorrow.

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" sensing my  hesitation, everyone around started cheering for me to drink and clapping their hands in sync for encouragement.

"Bottoms up, Y/n-ssi!"

This is will be the last time I'm drinking in this party. Besides, I only have to do this because of joining them for the first time. The next time I'm attending, I surely won't be the one to take their so-called first shot.

I gulped nervously before taking the drink, my eyes were tightly closed, face screwed up and head slowly tilting upside. Though I don't like the taste of the drink, I still did my very best to take every drop of it until the glass is empty and my throat is starting to feel hot.

"Wow! We can drink now!!" announced that manager who gave me the drink. They cheered happily and started drinking on their tables.

My phone vibrated inside my pocket, so I took it out to check the message I received and it was from Seoho.

Seoho:
I'm outside already.

Instead of going towards the group of female managers which I was supposed to do only if I wasn't asked to drink, I made my way to the bar's entrance after reading the message. My cheeks are getting hot along with my neck and even when I could feel a surge of energy running through my veins, I'm slowly getting dizzy.

"Seoho-yah!" I waved a hand excitedly and beamed once I saw him standing outside, looking lost and all.

"Is this where the party is?" he approaches me and places a hand on the small of my back as he guided me back inside the bar. "Y/n, you're turning red. Did you drink?"

"Yaaas! I should take the first shot since this is my first time attending the party!"

Seoho clicks his tongue. "Aish, they managed to trick you into drinking. You should've refused." his hands went up to my shoulders and turns me around to face the entrance once again. "I'm taking you home."

"No! I want to party!" I wiggled to escape from his hold and ran back inside, ignoring Seoho calling for my name.

"Y/n-ssi! Since it's your first time, you should sing a song for us!" the same manager from earlier said the moment I'm back.

"Yeah yeah yeah!" I walked up to the little stage in front and took the microphone from him. "I so the love Taylor Swift so I'm going to sing 'willow' for all of you!" I pointed a forefinger on them all and they screamed like they're my fans. Seoho took the available seat on our table while keeping his eyes on me protectively.

Once the instrumental intro started, their heads swayed to the sound of such relaxing music. "So, I have very beautiful golden voice like my Baekhyunie. It's like... I acquired it for spending too much time with him going to his schedules." they clapped their hands while some of them laughed at that, then I began singing. "I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night- whoo!" the song was supposed to be slow and relaxing, but I sang it as if it was an upbeat one.

Ah, it's like I instantly became an idol! So this is what Baekhyun would feel when he's onstage to perform? As I sang every line of the song, they would cheer for me, even when I'd miss a word or my lyrics isn't right at all and I seemingly changed the genre of the song to make the place lively.

"I'm begging for you to take my hand! Wreck my plans!" I slowly moved my pointing forefinger to each and everyone. "That's my man!" once my finger points at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter