Chapter 24

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Jian walks up to us with her gaze locking with Baekhyun's, they both looked like they have been waiting for this day; to finally see each other again. If only I could play some sort of ballad song or one of Baekhyun's drama OSTs in the background, one could mistook this moment as if there's a drama filming in here.

"It's been a long time." she softly muttered. There's nothing heart-fluttering with those words (at least for me) but it caused for Baekhyun's ears to turn red.

I can't: believe.

"Uh, hello?" I waved my hand to get their attentions and they both turned their heads to look at me. "If you two don't mind, there could be sasaengs surrounding the place. I suggest you two don't stick near around each other if you're outside."

They blinked once, twice and they're still confused.

I heaved out a sigh. "Baekhyun, go inside first. Jian and I will follow after few minutes."

"O-okay," Baekhyun stuttered, glancing at Jian for the last time before he reluctantly turned his back at us and strode towards the building's entrance.

Silence covered us both the moment Baekhyun completely disappeared from our sights. She can't keep her eyes off from where he went so I decided to open my mouth and start a conversation that may get me into her nerves. "If you're going to visit Baekhyun, why not go straight to his unit instead of waiting here? There are spy fans around and you might get him in trouble."

She glimpsed at me. "I... I haven't been here so I don't know where his unit."

"You haven't been here? You were a manager, aren't you supposed to know where Baekhyun lives?" I started walking towards the building and Jian followed behind, pulling her mask up to cover her face.

"Baekhyun used to live in a dorm with SeChan and Lay and it has been years of course I know he doesn't live in that place anymore."

"Ah, so I'm the first girl who got to step inside his apartment then?" I didn't have to check on her to know that she was taken aback by that.

Though I was not facing her, I could feel her eyes piercing a hole in the back of my head. A breathy laugh was heard from her soon after. "You have been in his apartment?"

"Yes, actually we live together... I mean, we're neighbors. I go inside his apartment like it's my second home and wake him up in the morning by jumping on his bed." I looked back at her, one side of my lips stretched for a slight smugly smirk. "I've seen him without a shirt on, too." my hair flipped itself over my shoulder once I whipped my gaze back ahead and continued on my way inside the building.

"What did I ever do you?"

I halted. And she really has the nerve to ask-

"You think I don't know that you're the reason why my manager has been so strict to me?"

I spun around. "Really? Then I guess he hasn't shown the best  that he had because you managed to be here." then I crossed my arms across my chest. "And what did you ever do to me? You really had to ask me that?"

If I could just spat her dirty works out from my mouth, she'd be surprise that I know about it. But I didn't want her to do something against me for knowing it, as I know she'll come up with a backup plan to sabotage whatever Baekhyun and I have right now. She's manipulative and the fact that Baekhyun likes her and had fooled him so many times is making things easier for her.

I didn't want my emotions to get ahead of me and say something stupid, so I quickly proceeded on my way inside the building without waiting for her or we'd end up in a cat fight once I hear her firing back at me.

Baekhyun was waiting outside his apartment door when we came. And since I'm few steps ahead of Jian, I'm the first one he saw before his eyes travelled to the person trailing behind me in a distance. Without meeting his gaze, I gritted my teeth and forced my lips together for thin line when I passed by his figure against his apartment door.

I trust Baekhyun that he wouldn't do something he may get himself to trouble, I guess that's enough for me to stay in my own place and try to rest after a long flight, right? Besides, I might need the time to scold Jian's manager for letting her out of his sight.

----

There were no foods in the fridge and I suddenly feel hungry. It has been an hour since I imprisoned myself in my apartment to try getting rid of my jealousy. Uh, hello? MY MAN is literally out there with another woman, in his place! And I can't do anything about it because it's just me who thinks he's mine.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself before hopping off the bed to get my coat. I'm heading out to grab some groceries and order a takeout along the way.

I went out of my apartment and hummed to a tune as I casually made my way to the elevator. That was until I saw two familiar figures few steps ahead of me in the hallway. They took a sudden turn, disappearing from my sight. The way they shyly walked side by side is making me curious. Why the hell would they be seemingly flustered after spending some time in his apartment? I quickly tiptoed to follow them and find the answer to my own question.

Few steps had passed, right after taking a turn to follow where they went, I gasped and immediately jumped back to hide myself when I saw them stopping to face each other. My gasp came a little harder, I'm afraid one of them heard it. I covered my mouth using my palm and held my breath as I tried to listen if they noticed me.

"Baekhyun, remember the question you asked me years ago but I wasn't able to answer for disappearing so suddenly, without you knowing that I've been fired?"

My brows knitted after hearing Jian talk. Question... What could it be?

If he likes her, then he must've wanted to ask her to marry him? That's too fast, idiot! Maybe he was about to ask her out!

No! I can't let that happen!

"That... What about that?"

"I'm giving you my answer to that question." Jian heaves out, seemingly bracing herself for what she's about to say. "And that is-"

"Awooo!" I had to do the first thing in my mind just to cut her off and that is to do a sound of a wolf. "Eeeng!" it was the Among Us emergency button sound.

From the emergency meeting, tasks, and all the way to the ejection of the impostor or crew mate, I did all of their designated sounds just to distract Jian from saying her 'answer' to Baekhyun's question from years ago. I know she's doing this to spite me even when she feels nothing for Baekhyun, knowing that I'm trying my very best to keep him away from her. Once it's a success, it will be hard for me to part them and Baekhyun will hate me even more.

"Who's there?" Baekhyun sounded annoyed with how I'd distract Jian and heard his footsteps approaching. I squeaked like a mouse and bolted my way back to my apartment.

I'm suddenly not hungry. Thoughts of Jian becoming Baekhyun's girlfriend filled my whole mind that I anxiously pace around the living room, thinking how I'd react to my idol dating someone. Am I really stepping a foot on the painful level of being a fangirl? The 'he found his love, I should be happy' perception isn't applicable for this situation, for I know what kind of person Jian is! If he's going to date a girl that is not Jian, then I won't consider this level a painful one.

I didn't know how long I've been going back and forth across the living room when I heard someone ringing my doorbell. Certain that it would be Baekhyun, I had to internally count for a minute before answering the door. He knows my password, but I wonder why he wouldn't just barge in like I usually do to his apartment.

"Hi, what brings you here?" I greeted him with a forced grin and opened the door wider to welcome him. He strides inside without a word so I guess I'm in charge for the conversation. "You dropped Jian off or-"

"I know you're the reason why Jian can't meet me, but do you really have to make this hard for her?"

Of course, it would be about her. My smile vanished, the atmosphere is getting heavy as I kept my face stoic and my eyes on his own pair.

"Do you really have to ask her manager to be strict ONLY to her? She can't even breathe!"

I scoffed, "Yeah, I did that simply because I don't like her." and because I didn't want that liar and manipulative around us, as I made it my job to protect you and your heart. Contrary to the confident and smug look I'm giving him, I'm so close to getting on my knees and beg for him to just stop meeting her and defend her for doing things he didn't even know she's done.

"She was just trying to befriend you!"

"Well, I don't want her to be my friend!" and let her lie to us both. My hands fisted on my sides as I tried to calm myself down, I didn't want to blurt out everything I know right on the spot. "I didn't want to see her aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter