Chapter 9

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Baekhyun's comeback was really a hit! Breaking his past achievements and the title track debuting #1 in charts. Totally a success as expected, that surely made him feel at ease and delighted. He couldn't stop saying how happy he is and even replied to some fans on twitter. I could just chuckle silently as I watch him typing his reply with a huge smile on his face. Looking back, I was so desperate getting a reply from him by tweeting nonstop. But now I'm here just right beside him. I can see him upclose, talk to him, and even touch him. So I thought of giving the chance to the others and never felt jealous to those who got a reply from him.

After the MV release and few moments of celebration, we were told to go home and have some rest before schedules started pouring for the upcoming days, of course for Baekhyun's comeback promotions. Everyone who'd pass by us would congratulate Baekhyun and that must've put him in the mood when he told me to get into his car because he's driving me home. I've never said a word ever since, I didn't want to ruin his happy mood and make him lock me inside his car again.

It was until it has been at least 15 minutes and we're still in the parking lot. He was grinning wide, fingers rapidly tapping against the screen of his phone while I'm watching him out of boredom. He's the only one enjoying so I thought of breaking the silence. "Are we going?"

He glances at me for a second and then back at his phone screen. "Ah, yeah. Just wait a second." after few taps, he throws his phone on the dashboard and turned the engine on.

Wow, indeed, a normal conversation. Since after his comeback release three hours ago, he never fought with me or showed some rudeness. Seeing him being greeted by the same staffs who told me about him being rude that's why no one likes him, was like watching a movie that I've never heard before. It felt weird.

I had my eyes looking outside the window while leaning my head against it and admiring the comfortable silence lingering in between us. I never thought that it only takes a nervous and overjoyed Baekhyun for us to have a peaceful moment. Should I just...? But how the hell could I make him feel nervous all the time? Not to mention making him feel happy when he hates me the most.

Baekhyun took a turn, leading to a different road opposite to the ones that'll take me home. I flinched on my seat and stared at him, eyes slightly widening. "This isn' the way home."

One hand left the steering wheel to scratch his nape. "I know. I'm showing you the way to my apartment."

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?" I relaxed back against the seat and crossed my arms. "I could've taken down notes of what streets I have to pass."

"What are you, a boomer? There's a thing called nagivator."

"What did you just called me?!" I heaved out a breathy laugh. "Have you seen your face turning pale out of nervousness?" I didn't have anything for a clapback so I'm just going to bring up how he looked nervous earlier and I think it somehow annoyed him when his jaw clenched and fingers slightly tightening around the wheel.

None of us talked right after and I find it really weird. Baekhyun is stubborn, he never tries to let me win in our petty argument of insulting each other. He looks like he's holding back to fight me. Was it because this day is supposed to be a good day or he wanted something from me?

It's more likely to be the former. Why would he want something from me and if ever, what would it be? Whatever it is, it surely bothers him and it shows to the way his lips were pursed and head cocking the slightest, eyes narrowed as if he's talking to himself in his mind.

I was about to open my mouth to ask him what he's thinking about when the surrounding suddenly turned dark. My gaze snapped back outside the window only to see that we had entered a parking lot which I guess is from his apartment building's.

Baekhyun parked his car and after the engine turned off, he looks at me. "I'm showing you my apartment incase... You know? Something might happen to me. Since I mostly stay at home, if you can feel something's off with me you can come over and check."

"What would happen to you in your own home? Choke on candies?" that came out louder than intended so Baekhyun squints his eyes at me. I grinned widely and tried to wave it off. "Okay that makes sense since I'm your manager anyway. I should know where you live."

He nods slightly before opening the door of his car and steps out. I followed after him quietly when I suddenly remember that sasaengs actually waits for him even in the place where he's supposed to feel the safest and he can rest as if he's a normal human being. Slightly panicking, I removed my coat off me and drape it over my head, keeping it in place by holding them together below my chin. Baekhyun went into the elevator first and when he saw me, one side of his brow lifted up.

"What are you doing?" he asked as soon as I joined him.

"I heard about sasaengs waiting for you at your unit floor so I thought I should hide." I shrugged my shoulders. "Well... Uh, since I'm a girl they might think that... You know? I'm your girlfriend." I whispered the last three words shyly, hoping he wouldn't hear any of it. One of my hands went up to cup my burning cheek. Damn it, why did that made me blush?!

Seems like he heard it anyway as his eyes scanned my whole being. From my face down to my feet. Then he spoke, "They won't think of that way. Considering that you're not even my type."

I was somehow taken aback. I should've seen it coming since we fight like this all the time but I didn't know why that one hits so different. I had this wall that keeps me from being hurt to whatever Baekhyun tells me out of his hatred and I broke that wall down just for today because he looked harmless and happy. Maybe because I was taking too much advantage of the fact that he wanted the entire day to be fight-free that I thought he'd never say something like that and had my guard down, just because I made him smile for the first time since I became his manager.

My bottom lip was pushed for a little pout and the coat over my head fell on my shoulders. I tilted my head to the side to avoid even the teensiest sight of him and kept myself quiet. The atmosphere turned awfully awkward, the thing I hated the most. Good thing we had reached the floor of his unit, the bell rang and the doors opened. I waited for Baekhyun to step out, he was a little reluctant as if he wanted to walk together but went out first anyway. I counted to three before trailing behind him, still with my mouth shut.

I wandered my eyes around, too amazed to give a damn about Baekhyun who already stopped walking after reaching the door of his apartment. With my head thrown back so I could see the lights hanging on the ceiling, I bumped against his stilling figure in front of the door. A quiet groan escapes from me as my face scrunched in discomfort. Baekhyun must've find it funny for him to let out silent laugh, as if mocking me for my stupidity.

Still, I refused to say anything and took few steps back to keep some distance in between us. He clears his throat and steps aside so the view of his door password won't be blocked from my sight. "So this is my door password." he punched his password while I silently observe what are the numbers he pressed to come up with the theory of why he had that as a password. As if he had read what's on my mind when he added, "There's nothing really special with my password incase you're silently asking. If it's somehow connected to myself, it'll be easily guessed so I chose a random set of numbers."

Whatever, I mentally said and rolled my eyes. Soon after the door opened and the lights inside immediately lit up, allowing me to see a part of the place. Baekhyun walks in first but he had to bend over to untie his shoes while I only had to pull my feet out and I'm ready to go. So I got into his very apartment before him.

"Woah." I whispered in pure amusement. It was just like any other apartments of rich people I've seen in dramas before. What made it amusing is because it's Baekhyun's! This is where he lived! The living room where he's lounging, kitchen where he's making food or to eat, bedroom where he had his live broadcasts and sleeps.

"I... I'm going to take a shower. Make yourself feel at home." I still ignored him though and started approaching the TV he had in the living room. "Familiarize around-"

"I get it! Just go and take your damn shower."

I didn't know how he reacted to that but before I knew it the sound of a door closing was heard. Does he think he's the only one who knew how to throw an attitude? Haha...

I feel bad though.

This is why sometimes I don't understand myself and my own heart. He hurts me and I still have the nerve to be giddy over him. I just hope that when the day he decides to cross the line, I won't feel the same.

Anyway, why does he want me to feel at home and familiarize around? If he hates me the most why would he leave me alone in here? I could steal something from him and burn the whole place without him knowing and then leave him to die in the bathroom. Does he trust people that easily?

He's the one who told me I should familiarize around so I went straight to the first door I saw and opened it. It was his bedroom! I squealed and ran inside, then throwing myself on the floor just beside the bed, it is where he had his live broadcast last night to unbox his own albums. I took my phone out and started taking pictures of me laying on the same spot, imitating Baekhyun in some of the screenshots I took from the live, and then doing random funny posts like I came straight out of some famous paintings.

Eventually, I got tired so I pushed myself off the floor and immediately saw his TV. An idea strikes my mind as a sinister grin appears on my face. Well, he said I should feel at home. I shrugged my shoulders, walking towards the TV.

To find something to with, I thought of turning the TV on, hoping to see what he's up to and with his taste of what he's watching. But what I saw from his recently watched, only amazed me.

"I never knew he's fond of horror movies." I told myself scanned further on the list. There is nothing I can with, his taste is awesome. An exasperated sigh escapes from me before I turned the TV off and roamed around the room for a little while, taking in the sight of the interiors inside and took selfies for remembrance.

I exited the bedroom and just in time, he walks out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel, already dressed. I turned away from him and bit on my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter