Chapter 27

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Seyul took off her tiara and puts it on my head, all while retaining a huge grin on her face.

"Why is it on my head? Aren't you uncle Baekhyun's forever princess?" I asked as my hand reached to fix the way she crookedly placed it. I was reading them a fairytale and they suddenly want to roleplay the whole story.

"I want to be the fairy now that I found the perfect princess for uncle Baekhyun."

I could just force a smile while admiring her innocent face. She's too young to play the matchmaker. It should be fine, I was at her age when I started shipping my favorite cartoon characters anyway.

"How about Siwoo?"

"He's a knight! He will go with prince uncle Baekhyun to rescue you!"

I love the kids, I'm not lying about that. But I really want to get away from them matchmaking me with Baekhyun. I can play the princess as long as they wanted to, well that is if their so-called prince won't join us.

"Oh no! I pricked my finger on the spindle of the spinning wheel!" though I at acting, I still did my best to pretend that I've died by laying still on the floor.

"Siwoo! We need to go to the prince to save the princess!" they were both giggly as they scattered around the whole place to pretend they're going on an adventure while singing to a children song.

I popped one eye open and since my head is facing the way to the kitchen, I saw Baekhyun and his mom having a seemingly serious conversation. They're keeping their voices down and the kids screaming didn't help for me to hear what they're talking about. But I kind of feel that it's about me when they both turned their heads to look at my direction and straight to my figure down on the floor. Wait, what? Why are they glancing at me? And there's something to the way Baekhyun's mom would look at me, it's making me miss my own mother. She's looking at me like how my mom looks at Baekhyun, her eyes filled with adoration.

The kids quickly caught their attention when they ran into the kitchen. Seyul pulls Baekhyun's hand, wanting to reach him and so he leaves the kitchen stool to crouch down in front of her. She then places the crown on his head and excitedly announced that he's the prince while pulling him towards the living room.

Siwoo runs back to me, Seyul and Baekhyun stayed behind him. If this is a fairytale, then they're expecting to see the scene where the prince kissed the princess to wake her up! Which is bad since they're still kids and they shouldn't see such thing at a young age. I didn't have any idea to get away with that, it was until Siwoo the knight kneels down beside my head and slaps my lips with his tiny hand. Perfect! Thanks, Siwoo!

"Aaand I'm alive again!" I rose from the floor right after Seyul and Baekhyun reached the area where I'm laying down to pretend I'm dead. "The princess lived because it was the antidote to the poison that knight Siwoo brought could save her and not a prince! The end! Knight Siwoo is the real hero!" I lifted him up in my arms and we danced around the living room.

Seyul looked like she's about to cry, staring at Siwoo and I and still holding on to Baekhyun's hand. "But that's not the real ending of the story."

"We have to cut the story short, princess," he picks her up in his arms and grazes his thumb on her cheek to wipe the tears away. "She had to rest after pricking her hand on the needle just this morning. When Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on the needle, what happened to her?"

"She slept." Seyul sniffs.

"Genius!" he pressed a quick kiss on her cheek. "Now she needs to sleep too."

Seyul glances at me with her sparkling eyes. "But you'll wake up again, right?"

"Of course. And I'll play with you next time." I winked at her, making her giggle. "So, I guess this is a goodbye for now?"

When I turned my attention to Siwoo in my arms, he suddenly pressed both of his wee hands on the either sides of my cheek, puckered his lips, then swiftly leaning to kiss me right on my lips!

Wow, my first kiss is with Baekhyun's mini version and not with him.

Tragic.

Right in the middle of our magical moment, Baekhyun suddenly takes Siwoo away from me. "Okay, now off you go to your castle and sleep forever!" and he even gave me a disgusted look. Uh, hello? Siwoo kissing me was something I never saw coming. He must've thought I coaxed his nephew to do such move.

I screwed up my face and childishly stuck my tongue out at him before changing my expression into soft and lovingly wave my hand for the kids. "Goodbye fairy Seyul and knight Siwoo!" they waved back at me cutely.

Before I could leave, Baekhyun's mother decided to join us. I bowed at her to show respect. "I'll be going back to my apartment to rest."

"It was nice meeting you, Y/n. I finally got to see who handles my boy." I beamed at her for that, to which she instantly returns. Then she elbows Baekhyun beside her. "See her off."

"Eomma, she literally lives right across my apartment."

"Baekhyunie, see her off."

Baekhyun inwardly whines before putting Siwoo down to go with me. I bowed at her for the last time before making my way to the main door along with Baekhyun.

"I'm driving them home later and will be staying there for the night," Baekhyun spoke as soon as we're out of his apartment and the door closed behind us. "Are you going to be fine here?"

"Of course, there's nothing that I could do besides staying inside." I shrugged. "Make the most out of this long schedule-less week. I'm glad to see you spend time with your family."

"I'll be informing you once we leave. Make sure to respond whenever I call you and I'm asking for your permission right now that I'm going in to check on you if you don't respond, regardless of what you're doing."

"Okay." I entered my door password and took few steps inside. "Take care on your way, then." I muttered and even did a little gesture, telling him to go away.

Instead, he stood still and didn't move a single muscle while keeping his eyes on mine. I didn't know what to do so I did the same to him. But the longer I keep my eyes on him, the faster the heat spreads across my face. Why is he staring at me... Like how his mom does?

I can't take the awkwardness anymore. "Uh, is there something you still wanted to say?"

He rapidly blinks his eyes before looking away. "Nevermind, I forgot." he turns around and strides back to his apartment as if someone's chasing him behind.

I expelled a sigh as I watch the door of his unit close when he disappeared, leaving me wondering why I couldn't understand him. Byun Baekhyun, the only one I failed to read through...

----

Baekhyun's expected to return anytime today after spending a night at his family's house. I've been waiting for him since I'm a little bit uneasy and anxious for an unknown reason, I suddenly feel like something's going to happen. Not to him, but to me.

To distract myself, I did some chores and tried to cook a decent food for myself (which I enjoyed even when it turned out bad). Just when I finally have decided to watch some movies, my phone suddenly rings. It has been left ignored to rest my eyes from all the radiation for a while.

I picked up the device from couch to see the message. "Huh?" my face scrunches when I saw that the message came from Baekhyun's other number, the one he used when I blocked his main number.

Baek's other number:
Hi.

Baek's other number:
Guess who? :)

You:
Baekhyun, you literally used this number when I blocked your main one.

Baek's other number:
Oh.

Baek's other number:
Can you come into my apartment? I needed some help here.

Now I'm more confused. He's here? Already? But he swore he'd inform me once he arrives back from his parents' house. And... Why is he using his other number so suddenly?

Though the feeling of uneasiness comes back after reading his message, I have no choice but to leave my place to go to his. The anxiety doubles as I press each number that makes up his door password and I flinched once the door opened as if I've never done it before, second thoughts filled my head as I walked into the unit.

"Baekhyun? I thought you're telling me once you're home-" I came into a halt when I saw a person I never expected to see right in this place.

"Hi, manager-nim," the person twirled around to face me, an annoying smirk tugging on her lips. "I'm not the person you expected, don't you?"

The hell is this trash doing here? I scoffed and rolled my eyes, then crossing my arms on my chest. "Why are you here?"

"Baekhyun told me to, we're attending an event later. You didn't know?"

The slight smirk I had, faltered. Baekhyun's attending an event I didn't know about and with the person he shouldn't spend his time with? He even told her to be here, in his apartment? He's not mine and I'm just his manager but in this place, I'm the only woman allowed inside here.

"I didn't know," I pressed a hand on my chest and faked a hurt expression. "Wait, let me call your manager and let's see if you could still go to that event you're saying." when I dived my hand in my pocket, my phone wasn't there. I forgot about dropping it back on the couch before coming out to go here. Darn it, that ruined the showing off of my other self.

"I'm sorry," a mocking scoff breaks out from me. "I'll just have to get my phone from my apartment and we're good to go." I spun around to leave and not even a step of my foot, I felt a hard pull on my hair that I stumbled back.

"Let go," I ordered, my voice hard and threatening but seems like she's not even fazed when she tightens her hand around the ends of my hair. "Let go for once, I swear you won't like it when I pull your hair back."

Raising one of her brows smugly and pulling one end of her lips for a wider smirk, she says, "Try me."

"Okay, you said so." I swiftly turned and reach for her hair so suddenly and gave it a hard pull, harder than the one she gave me that she whimpered and her body followed the direction where I pulled her.

"You piece of-" she faces me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter