Chapter 12

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I heard that all of Baekhyun's former managers would just leave if they can't handle his rudeness anymore. I'm the Legendary Manager and the longest running so I thought I should end things properly and bid farewell to the friends I made while I'm working.

Now that Baekhyun had found Jian, I'm sure he won't be rude to his manager once they hired someone new after I leave. She was the reason why he's rude, a facade he had to put up in hopes to leave Sooman no choice but to bring her back. Jian's an idol now and that's a better arrangement compared to when she was his manager. I guess he doesn't have any reason to be rude now.

I've decided to quit after Baekhyun's last music show performance tomorrow. It's been two days since the last time I showed up to work and Baekhyun still hasn't done anything to at least console me for what he have said back at the dinner. Actually, after I've decided that I'm quitting I suddenly wasn't sure of it until today. Have I mentioned how I'd ask for signs when I'm bewildered? That was my sign to leave, he doesn't do anything until today then I'm really quitting the job as his manager.

"I can still pull it off even without practicing, I promise you that. I still don't feel well." I coughed. My pretend sickness turned real a day after I lied about it. Luckily for me though, I didn't have to go and see Baekhyun.

"I trust you after that spontaneous performance." Jongin giggles from the other line. "Welp, seems like the team has to call it a day."

"Huh? Why?"

"Baekhyun hyung isn't here to. He said he needs to go somewhere." I felt a sting in my chest after I heard those, knowing where Baekhyun probably is if he's not at work.

"Is that so?" I sighed, "I have to go now, Jongin."

"Yeah, get well soon!" and I hummed before hanging up.

Pulling each of its ends tighter around me, I kept my blanket from falling off my back as I laid down on my bed and brought my knees up to my chest to hug them. Now I'm a sick, upset, and sulking fluffball.

The reason why I was suddenly not sure of quitting is because Baekhyun might never listen to his new manager and keep on meeting Jian that he'd forget he's an idol and has schedules to attend every single day. I'm... Er... glad that he found his love again but I hope he never leaves his responsibilities as an idol. From the way he's acting since he bumped into her, he's slowly changing into someone I couldn't believe I fell in love with. Wait, that shouldn't be my problem now since I'm unstanning him and I'm really quitting.

"Y/n!" a loud knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts as my body shoot up due to shock. "Someone's looking for you!" it was my mom.

"Okay!" I responded and jumped off my bed. I took one last glance at the mirror to make sure I don't have any eye boogers before meeting my visitor.

I went out of my room. "Who-" as soon as I turned to the side after closing my door, Baekhyun came into my sight, standing at the end of the hallway that leads to my room. Few seconds I stood there, stunned and not knowing if I'm seeing things or the last person I want to see is really standing few meters away from me. When Baekhyun blinked his eyes that's when I was convinced that he's indeed right inside our house. Rolling my eyes, I turned my back at him and opened the door of my room to go in without saying a word, then locking it and throwing myself on my bed where my phone is.

I can't believe my mom would let him in just because he's Baekhyun! I chanted inside my mind as I harshly tapped my fingers on the screen to send a message to my mom.

You:
Mom, why would you let him in?! And why didn't you tell me it was Baekhyun?

My Mom:
He said not to tell you it was him because he knew you wouldn't want to see him.

My Mom:
Why though?

My Mom:
Did something happened? Should I drive him away?

You:
Yes! That would make me feel better, thanks.

I slumped my face on my pillow to muffle the scream of frustration I've been dying to release. It took few moments before I calmed down enough to compose another message, but now not for my mom.

You:
Go away! Now!

Barkhyun 🐶:
Y/n...

Barkhyun 🐶:
I'm out of the house already.

That put my heart at east as I sighed and pressed a palm on my chest. I never felt anything at least a drop of pity for Baekhyun who exerted a little effort on coming a long way here and I think he deserve that. No, that wasn't enough considering the painful words he said to me in front of his former manager and taking days before doing something about that.

Another vibration of my phone cut me off of my thoughts, it was a message from Sehun. He's the only person who knows I'm sick and had promised to pay me a visit once he finds time in the middle of preparing for EXO-SC's comeback.

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
Come outside! I brought you foods.

Without replying, I dashed out of the room and to the stairs that leads to the living room where Sehun stood idly at the end. "Hi Sehun!" I cheerfully greeted and waved my hand. He waves back with an awkward smile on his lips. Sehun looked anxious and uncomfortable as if he did something that may upset me. I couldn't understand that look until someone from behind him appears by bending his body to the side to reveal himself. "Bye Sehun!" I turned around and stomped my way back to my room and texting Sehun immediately.

You:
Even you?!

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
I'm sorry, Y/n. But Baekhyun hyung really wants to talk to you.

I didn't give any respond and turned my phone off, sliding it under the pillow. I don't care if they wait in the living room or outside the house until tomorrow, I'm not gonna talk to him until the day I'll quit my job and just leave him drowning in his schedules.

----

I've decided to move the day I hand my resignation letter to Sooman. And it's today, Baekhyun's last pre-recording for his music show performance. After his sudden visit, I realized how much he had hurt me and how much I hated him for what he did. So I'm not going to join him in his last perfomance for this comeback's promotion and ruin his stage by missing a dancer. I'm not even sorry just by thinking about his disappointed face seeing that my place is empty. That's right, feel my wrath Baekhyun!

I walked inside the SM building with my chin lifted up confidently, swaying my hands on my sides with pride, one of my then carefully grasped the small envelop containing my letter. Intentionally, I'm resigning while they're in the middle of preparing for the performance. Yes, I'm sabotaging his stage wahaha!

While making my way towards the elevator that will take me up to Sooman's office, Jongin was seen as soon as the doors opened. He looked like he's carrying the whole world's problem, phone sticking on his ear. He steps out of the platform glancing ahead and immediately seeing me staring at him. It was as if I'm his only hope when his eyes sparkled and lips stretched into a smile while running towards me.

"Y/n-ssi! I'm so glad you came." he panted, "Do you know where Baekhyun hyung is?"

I rolled my eyes, breathing out a little laugh. He probably have forgotten today's schedule and went to another date with his lover. "Have you tried calling him?"

"His phone is turned off and he never showed up for today's rehearsals too." Jongin scratched the top of his head. "Something must've happen to him."

His phone is off? Baekhyun never turns his phone off when he's not in his apartment. That's for incase I or someone would call him or a spontaneous schedule comes in.

Something must've really happened to him. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and quickly searched Jian's group on twitter to look for updates. I impatiently waited for the results only find out that Strawberry Shortcake is currently in a fansign event. That means Baekhyun isn't with Jian right now and he's out of reach!

"I need to go." I didn't wait for Jongin to respond and dashed my way out of SM and hailed at the first taxi I saw outside.

My feet rapidly tapped against the vehicle's floor, hand fidgeting on the crumpled letter that was left forgotten while the other dialed Baekhyun's number. Still, he doesn't answer. "Can you please go faster, ahjussi?" I told the driver with my voice shaking. He senses that I'm really worried so he quietly nods and stepped on the accelerator.

It didn't took long for me to reach Baekhyun's apartment building. I paid the driver and ran all the way inside and to the elevator that will take me to where Baekhyun's apartment floor is. During the ride up, my mind pictured out scenarios of what will I see the moment I have opened the door of his apartment. Murdered Baekhyun? Petrified Baekhyun after seeing a ghost? For a second, I was sorry for driving him away yesterday and never gave him at least a little bit of my time to hear him out. My thoughts were interupted when the bell rang and the elevator doors opened.

As if my life depended on it, I ran across the hallway and found his apartment door almost instantly. I punched his password without giving a damn about what I'd probably see after barging in so suddenly. The door opened, I stepped in without even taking my shoes off.

The whole place was quiet and lights were all off. If I hadn't been here before I would think this place is up for sale with free furnitures for a better price. Baekhyun wasn't in the living room so I proceeded to the kitchen, negative. The bathroom, I made sure to knock incase he's showering at the moment but after several knocks made there's still no answer, I opened the door and check around the whole room, still no Baekhyun.

One last room to check: his bedroom. I blew a good amount of air while tiptoeing towards the door of the said room. I stood in front of it, contemplating if I should go open to check if he's inside or never do it at all. Baekhyun sleeps without a shirt on. I knew about it after it was shown in that one reality show he had before. Though I don't know if he sleeps like that until now or things had change for him but still!

I mean... I may be a fan that is guilty of wanting to see him topless in person but that doesn't mean I should... You know?

He might be dying inside his room! Or someone is currently stabbing him to death, I could stop the murderer and save Baekhyun! Ridiculous scenarios invaded my mind once again, in denial of the fact that I want to go inside because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter