Chapter 13

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

The schedule for today is a magazine photoshoot. I went together with Baekhyun after picking me up from home which shocked me the most, first thing in the morning. He never informed me that he's going to my house so early that I stepped out to check if my mom is telling the truth with eye boogers and dried drool all over my face.

"Next time, do tell me if you have plans on fetching me. Don't come unannounced like that."

Baekhyun lets out a laugh, covering his mouth with a palm. "Do you always look like that after waking up?" and another set of laughter erupted from him, his makeup artist Doyeon who's doing his face, tried to stop herself from giggling.

I literally felt my blood pressure rising as I slumped down on the couch and folded my arms across my chest. Just when I thought I'd finally have the peace after Baekhyun shamelessly revealed what I looked like when he saw me earlier, the dressing room door opened and a familiar figure emerges. Even without tilting my head to check, I could tell that she's the one who came.

"Hi Baekyoong!" Jian greets, lowering her sunglasses as she walks in. She immediately approaches Baekhyun who's sitting in front of the dresser that Doyeon has to step aside when the bacon leaves his seat so he could walk up to Jian and grin at her.

"You came just in time."

"I missed seeing you being styled before the shoot." she fixes the collar of his shirt and dusted one side of his shoulder. "Good old times."

What an eyesore! I thought. I was just watching the whole thing happening in front of me as if I'm a ghost that couldn't be seen by anyone, like I never existed at all.

A staff from outside peeked from the crack of the opened door. Finally! Someone who'd break their seemingly endless staring contest. "Baekhyun?" the staff calls out softly.

Baekhyun turns to look at him. "I'll be right there." and then gazing back at Jian. "Let's go?"

They went out of dressing room with Jian clinging an arm around Baekhyun's. For the nth time I could just roll my eyes, hoping for it to lessen the pain after seeing them flirt which really was an eyesore! I hope I could just turn back the time never allowed Baekhyun to take her with him in his schedules, it bothers me. Does Jian even have her own schedules? Isn't she in a girl group? Why is she always around Baekhyun and sticking with him as if she's back as his manager?

"You staying here?" Doyeon asked, glancing at me through the mirror of the dresser while fixing the things she used earlier.

"Can I? I won't touch anything."

"Even if you do, it won't be a problem." she chuckles and twisted herself, then propping both of her palms on the dresser partly sitting on it. "You look uncomfortable seeing them, don't you?"

"Indeed." I crossed my arms and pouted.

Doyeon sighs along with me. "But he's getting better. Baekhyun's attitude I mean." she cracks a small smile, her eyes softening like she's having flashbacks. "I've been Baekhyun's makeup artist since he debuted and I witnessed how he changed when Jian left. No matter where I'd look, I can't seem to see any good reason to be rude to his managers. But I'm somehow glad he was, it brought you here with me today." she bobbed her shoulders.

"Eey!" I smirked teasingly and did poking gestures with my fingers making us both laugh. "I felt bad you're thinking of me that way, I didn't even know you're actually his makeup artist if not because of this shoot."

"I understand that your mind is too occupied about how to deal with him." right after Doyeon said those, another staff came and told her that she needed to retouch Baekhyun's makeup.

Doyeon and I went to the set. She walks up to Baekhyun and retouches his makeup while I stood beside Jian and saw her taking pictures of the set and of Baekhyun. I suddenly had flashbacks from years ago, back when Baekhyun just had his debut and his unannounced photoshoots were leaking.

I was alarmed. I tilted my head to look at Jian seemingly enjoying. "Excuse me but can you stop taking pictures?"

She glances at me for a second and then back to her phone. "I just wanted to have a memory. It's been years since I went into Baekhyun's photoshoots." she captured few more shots before turning her phone off and putting it back into the pocket of her coat. "By the way, Y/n. I'm really sorry about last time's dinner. Baekhyun and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Jian beams at me, showing off her set of pearly white teeth.

I ignored her though and settled my eyes back at Baekhyun who just had his retouch done. My eyes blinked and when they opened, it wandered up to the lights above his standing figure. It was shaking, looking like it will fall anytime from now.

"What...?" I whispered to myself, observing each movement of the light. My gaze travelled to the staffs surrounding the area and all of them were too busy to notice that little hazardous detail. A squeak was heard and when I snapped back at the sight of Baekhyun, the light was halfway through of falling on him. I didn't have to think twice when I ran towards him screaming a loud, "BYUN BAEKHYUN!" then feeling something falling from the shallow pocket of my coat as I dashed away from my recent spot and towards the oblivious Baekhyun.

I bumped my body against him real hard that he lost his balance so I quickly encircled my arms around his waist to fall along with him and avoid the falling light. It happened so fast, as soon as we hit the ground and I fell right on top of him, my breath was knocked out of my lungs. A loud crash followed after, the light fell just few inches away from our bodies on the ground, the shards from the broken bulb flying towards us.

The murmurings of the panicking staffs filled the room but I couldn't hear any of it due to my racing heartbeat out of nervousness. I pressed my palms on the either sides Baekhyun's head and lifted myself up so I could have a look at him. "Are you o-okay?" that came out as a whisper with my breath getting heavier.

"I am okay but you don't look fine," his eyebrows furrowed. "You're turning pale."

Before I could even answer, I just felt my breath leaving my lips and my eyes fluttering close, senses shutting down completely.

----

No one was around me when I regain my consciousness. I was still on the bed with my eyes staring up on the white ceiling. As much as I wanted to sit but with my slightly aching head and tired body, I obviously couldn't. I don't even know why I feel tired when I didn't do much today and to the past few days besides dealing with my breaking heart that's making me sleepless. Stupid Baekhyun!

I ended up in a hospital after saving him and he's not even here. Brings me back to that time when I broke my leg and him leaving me alone after dropping me off. Not to be dramatic but I felt really betrayed during that time. He caused the chaos himself and I thought he wouldn't do anything after that?

Looking back, like how he unexpectedly came back, the curtains were suddenly pulled to the side and Baekhyun appears into the view holding a small paper bag. Deja vu, I thought, as a small smile took over my lips.

"It was anemia." he steps closer to me. I could just confusedly raise an eyebrow at him. Baekhyun heaves out before responding, "You fainted because of it. I couldn't understand but I remember the doctor saying you lack healthly red blood cells and such. So I asked for a medicine to that and recommended me these." he then places the paper bag on my side.

"Ooh very charming, Baekhyun." I held arms up. "Can you help me sit?"

He pulled me up until I'm seated but my head started spinning so I almost fell back down, good thing he was quick to place a hand on my back to keep me in that way. "Thanks."

"The doctor said you should stay here for a day, it's for the IV. They'll be moving you to a room later. Send me my schedules, I can go to them on my own."

I wish I could just scream my heart out while it's melting. This is one advantage of Jian's return, Baekhyun is now showing the real him. I'm finally working with the Baekhyun that I used to know, I used to love. I'm seeing him happy and that's what matters the most, for me-as his fan.

"Baekyoong?" someone pushed the curtains aside, it was Jian. After seeing Baekhyun she shifted her gaze to me. "Y/n-ssi, you're awake." smiling, she walked closer to the other side of the bed.

When will I ever have any heart-fluttering moments with Baekhyun, with just the two of us? Where no one could interrupt? Ever since this girl appeared, every time there's a moment when I feel like I'm falling in love with Baekhyun again she'd show up out of nowhere. Jian would step in the picture and ruin the portrait of us. It's like she was brought back to Baekhyun's life so our story won't be written and will never be told.

"Ah, you dropped this by the way." she sneaks a hand in her pocket and pulled something out. It was my phone! "When you ran towards Baekhyun to save him, this fell from your pocket."

"Thanks." I reluctantly reached out my palm so she places my phone in there.

"I'll be the one to accompany Baekhyun in his remaining schedule for today. I hope you get enough rest." she looks at Baekhyun. "Shall we go, Kyoongie?"

"We'll get going." he didn't wait for me to respond and just twisted himself to leave with Jian. I watched how they disappeared behind the curtains while listening to my heart slowly losing its beat.

Liar. One disadvantage of Jian's return is that Baekhyun learned how to lie. He's surely not going to be accompanied to his next schedule because the only schedule he has for today is the photoshoot and nothing else after that.

"Hey, our hero of the day!" I lifted my gaze up and saw Doyeon approaching my bed while carrying loads of paper bags in her hands. The sight of her and the scent of food coming from what she brought made me feel comforted. "Why are you sulking? Is it Baekhyun?"

"He has been lying to me, ever since he bumped into that Jian girl." I rolled my eyes bitterly. "He didn't have any schedules and he agreed to be accompanied by her to his next activity for today. Such a liar." I make sure to point out that word and jutted my bottom lip for a childlike pout.

"Aish, that ungrateful brat. After saving him this is what he pays you?" Doyeon's hands slumped down on the both sides of her hips. "Nevermind him! I brought you foods so eat them first." she started rummaging through the paper bags and took each container of foods out of them

Yeah, nevermind him. I'm the one who agreed of letting him meet her anyway. At least he's not being rude and that's the most important thing here.

Night came. Doyeon had left to go home so I'm all alone now. I've been sitting on my bed while stari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter