Chapter 8

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"So you have a scheduled meeting tomorrow at afternoon with Ahn Jiyoung for a collaboration in her album and..." I scrolled through the message to see if something followed. "That's it. Just the meeting. The next day will be the recording of the song."

"Okay." Baekhyun replies shortly. But since he didn't ended the call yet. I assume he still has something to say.

"Are you going to say something?" every second, I'd check the time while silently hoping he'd say what's on his mind and end the call already. 12:00 AM is approaching and I need to see the first set of his comeback's teaser photos!

"The first teaser is dropping any minute from now."

"I know, I know! Can you just say what you really wanted to say?" I immediately froze when it dawned into my mind that I sounded almost excited at the same time impatient. "I... I just wanted to sleep already."

"Well I hope you remember that you should be back to work once the teaser drops."

"And what do you want me to do? Remove the cast on my foot tomorrow and limp my way to the company?" I glanced at the clock on my nightstand, 11:58!! "Besides, all you have in your schedule while teasers are being dropped are rehearsals. I didn't have to watch you dance all day for two weeks." and you sounded like you miss me. I wanted to add those but of course I never did.

"It's just annoying to receive a call from you." he groans and the call ended even before I could say something.

"Wooh! Finally!" just in time, the clock strikes at 12:00 and notifications from twitter started coming one after another.

I'd let out sounds of amusement as I save every teaser photo I see. Since the shoot of these teasers were done before I became Baekhyun's manager, I didn't know what concept he would have.

I can't believe I'm fangirling over someone I just had a call with few minutes ago. I literally can call him, send him a message, see him everyday, and fight the hell out of him. But here I am, trying to surpass the urge to scream as my whole family is already asleep, all while zooming in every teaser photos that were released for tonight.

"Wow, if only I didn't know you're an , I could've been fangirling genuinely." I may have been trying not to squeal as I look at Baekhyun's photos, but I'm halfheartedly cursing at him right now. Not because he's so handsome with the comeback concept but rather for being a rude person he is. Why does he want me to go back to work as soon as possible? To cause another chaos in order to break my bones after my leg?

Now that I think about it, the chaos was obviously Baekhyun's doing. One of those sasaeng said that he had turned his location on, that's why they were able to track him down that day we were chased in the alley. He did that and caused the stampede himself so I couldn't hang out with Sehun and Chanyeol.

Now you can't go out with SeChan.

Because you're injured.

Looking back to the first two messages he sent me right after I got home from the hospital, he really did that, for being childish. Reading his message almost made me hear his voice like he's one of those evil villains in those princess movies I've watched as a kid. I'm the princess of course I can't just bring myself down, duh? He's not far from being similar to the villains. He, too, could go such great lengths as harming someone innocent over a small matter.

Byun Baekhyun, what am I going to do with you and your childishness?

Three days after the first teaser was dropped, I had my cast removed so now I can go back to work just like what Baekhyun wanted. I have somehow prepared myself to be cautious at everything he's going to ask for me to do.

The SM building security guard gasped in pure amusement as soon as he saw me walking towards the entrance. "It's been a long time!" he greets cheerfully while holding the door for me. "I heard you were injured?"

"I was. But I'm fine now." I smiled at him and steps inside.

Once I'm inside the building, I stopped and turned to look at ahjussi since he looked like he still wanted to say something. "Agassi, are you really sure you're going to stay as his manager? I'm just worried for you." he reluctantly asks.

"I'm really staying. For I already have made a name for myself; the legendary manager of Byun Baekhyun." I lifted up my chin confidently. "You shall honor me!" I commanded, pointing a finger to the guard like he's my inferior, but in a joking manner of course.

He played along ang bowed formally while his arms were extended to do a welcoming pose for me. "Have a nice day ahead, the legendary manager."

That made me giggle before I bowed formally at him. "Thanks ahjussi! I hope you'll have a nice day too." I waved at him excitedly before walking further inside the building.

A familiar guy that I thought would just pass by me, suddenly raised a palm with his eyes staring at me like he wants a high five. I didn't want to embarrass him so I slapped his palm happily.

"Have we met before?"

He grins. "We had a small conversation before, back at Baekhyun's birthday party. It's nice seeing you here, the legendary manager." he clicks his tongue and winks at me, pointing two of his forefingers at me. I remember him now! He's that one male staff who joined our conversation back at party. "I'm gonna go."

"See you around then!" I cheerfully waved my hand at him as he walks away from me.

"Y/n!"

I tilted my head swiftly to look at where that voice came from. Doyeon was seen running towards me with her arms spread, all while squealing my name and its last syllable prolonged. I met her running figure and let her threw herself at me for a hug.

"Oh my gosh! Is your leg really okay now?" she pulls away and stared down on my leg.

"We were worried for you."

I peeked behind Doyeon and saw a bunch of familiar staffs approaching us. Wow, there are a lot of people who were worried for me? I guess when I told ahjussi I've made a name in this company, it wasn't a lie afterall. I can't even remember if I have encountered some of the staffs currently crowding me, but they knew my name.

I gasped adorably and sneaked my hands inside my pockets to grab some candies from it. I took them from the ones Baekhyun brought for me when he paid me a visit a week ago. I couldn't stand looking at it that's why the whole basket remained untouched. "Here, take these." then I showed them my palms, different flavors of candies sitting nicely. "If you take one, you'll be a happy person today." then I grinned at them.

And so they started taking one candy from my hands. "I'd like to be happy today!"

"Thanks."

"I definitely needed this."

Once there's nothing left on my hands, all of the staffs bowed and thanked me before leaving. Doyeon stayed and we both watched them walk away while opening the candy and then eating it. I even heard them talking about me being a sunshine. Ah, it feels really nice making someone's day.

"Are you not going?" I asked Doyeon and she shrugs.

"I was about to. I won't be around for a week though." I blinked my eyes at her, as if they were asking why with my head cocked to the side. "My sister is getting married and the wedding will be held outside the country. I'm going there and will spend some time with my family after the wedding."

"Wow, that's awesome! Send my congratulations to your sister."

"Thanks, Y/n. And I won't stay that long for today. I just wanted to see you," Doyeon pauses to lean in until her lips were somewhere near my ear before she whispered, "And make sure Baekhyun won't accidentally kill you since he's like shooting daggers with the way he looks at you right now."

I turned my head behind me and saw Baekhyun standing in front of the elevator. He was glaring at me like he wants to kill me right on the spot. Okay? What have I done for him to look at me like that? Not even a day since I got my foot out of the cast and I could already feel that it's getting another cast.

"He's been staring at you like that since you started giving out candies." Doyeon draws herself away and smiled at me before patting the top of my head.

I faked a nervous giggle and then jerking a thumb to Baekhyun's direction. "I'm gonna go to my little grump."

"Take care- oh, and I think Baekhyun needs your candy for him to smile. He's going to look old if he keeps glaring at you." she pokes my cheek before turning around to leave.

"Take care on your way! And congratulations to your sister once again." without looking back at me, Doyeon waves her hand.

"All right! Time to face your little grump." I told myself and tapped my chest for encouragement before facing Baekhyun and skipping my way towards him. Only to ignore him and pass by his standing figure to enter the elevator.

He looks at me in disbelief mixed with anger while I stood inside, waiting for him. I wasn't fazed by the dark energy he's trying to spread around and lifted a brow at him, in a sassy manner. "What are you waiting for? You still have rehearsals."

Baekhyun grits his teeth that his jaw clenched before stomping his way inside the elevator to join me. He stands beside me and crosses his arms, staring straight ahead. The doors closed so I pressed button that will lead us to the floor where the dance practice room is.

Silence. It was killing me that I had to bit on my bottom lip hard just so I could stop myself from blurting out nonsense and get ignored. I'm not a talkative type of person, only to the ones I think I'd be spending a long time with and I knew that I'll be right beside Baekhyun for a long time since I accepted the job. That made me feel comfortable talking back to him. Just to break the silence, I took a candy out from my pocket and then holding it up in front of Baekhyun's face, leveling his eyes. He slowly rotates his head to look at me with a stoic expression.

"Ah... I just thought you need some of my candy. It will make you a happy person for today." I retracted my hand back since it seems like he didn't want to take the sweet. "I'm just trying to help you have a good day. It's not nice to look cold for a long time. You need to smile too."

"How can I smile when you're around?"

My lips parted and a peep came out. "Then why are you rushing me to go back to work? I could've been resting for more after the cast was removed." I clicked my tongue and was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter