Chapter 31

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

It has been two days since knowing the truth and Baekhyun had never stepped a foot outside his apartment. I check on him every hour and make sure he gets to eat his meals on time, and since I don't know how to cook I order foods for him.

Today, I wasn't able to check on him as I had to leave first thing in the morning. I'm trying to find something that may cheer him up that includes going out.

After asking his friends for advice and suggestions, I came up with a plan to take him out to an art gallery tomorrow. Would it be boring for him to just stroll around and look at some paintings? I don't really know, but I haven't been in an art gallery so I thought of bringing him with me when I'm finally seeing one. Maybe telling him that I have never seen such place might convince him to accompany me.

I went back home as soon as possible, carrying foods and a gift for him to start off with my mission of trying to make him feel better. Though I almost teared up because of how expensive my gift was, the thought that it might at least cheer him up a bit made me buy it in a heartbeat.

I didn't go straight to my apartment, but to his place instead. I pressed the doorbell as a courtesy, incase he's roaming outside the bedroom but still didn't want to see me. The place is as peaceful as it was the moment I left earlier, but there was a difference.

The kitchen is messy. Shoot! I forgot to order foods for him before leaving! He must've tried to make himself breakfast since he didn't have his phone to order. I quickly prepped the food I brought with me and while it's heating, I decided to check on him and he's just on his bed as usual, still laying on his side and back facing my direction.

I was so eager to accomplish something today, working on my mission so hard that I forgot about him.

I got out, only to go back to his room with the things that I need to change the bandaging of his wound. Since it was a deep cut, it will took a while to completely heal but it is fortunately halfway through there. I sat on the space beside him, took his hand to remove the old bandage to start off and so on. Once done, I pressed a kiss on his covered palm, humming until detaching my lips from it. Then I headed out quietly.

When the foods are done and were placed on the table, I left my gift beside his favorite dish and with a sticky note on top of the small box, telling him to cheer up. I hope he remembers what I told him about the strawberry being my love emoji, because I drew one for him to say that... I still unconditionally love him and that I'll stay to help him heal. I just don't have the courage to be straightforward about it, and that's the purpose of my love emoji.

I went back inside his room to wake him up. "Baekhyun," I muttered, poking his cheek gently. "Baekhyun, wake up now."

He still wouldn't budge, even after shaking his shoulders while calling out his name. "Baekkie."

Byun, Baek, Hyun, Baekhyunie, Bacon? I said all of what his fans call him and he still won't wake up. I opened the curtains of his room to let the light in and hit his face, but he still didn't move at all. Giving up, I plopped down on the floor beside the bed where he's facing and rested my folded arms and my head on to the space enough for me to admire him sleeping.

This is probably one of the most peaceful time we have, no fighting and showing that we're displeased with each other's presence. I carefully moved a hand so I could touch his fcae, all while holding my breath. My thumb found its way to his cheek, brushing his skin. "How could you be this... Perfect?" I whispered softly, subconsciously smiling. "Baekhyunie? Wakey wakey." I sang and poked his cheek again, hoping for him to wake up.

He won't hear anyway, I was evil laughing in my mind and blurted out, "Baby?" when my forefinger brushed his hair away from his forehead, I suddenly felt that the scene is somewhat... Familiar? Before I could even remember when did I ever felt someone doing the same thing to me, Baekhyun whimpers as he stirred. I cursed under my breath and hurriedly left the room.

----

He texted me.

Baekhyun freaking texted me! It's something I couldn't believe for now, considering the last conversation we had that caused for him to walk out because of my words. I never thought he would ever want to see me for that. I have been staring down on my phone screen, still amused seeing his simple message.

Barkhyunee 🐶:
Come over.

Repeatedly reading the first message he sent me since that night I told him everything, it dawned on me that he asked to come over. I quickly made my way to his apartment, and since he's awake I didn't barge in without a notice like when I check on him. I pressed the doorbell once and opened the door for myself.

He was in the kitchen eating the foods I ordered for him when I walked in. And he had my gift opened! Of course, he couldn't send you a message if he haven't, duh?

"We're fair now. You lost the right to ask me to pay you back for buying my phone for me." I said, the moment I took the seat across him.

"I never asked you to pay me back."

I twinkled my eyes, seemingly surprised that he actually talked to me. "Oh," and I bit my lips for a second. "But you always pull the 'I bought it, I should know what's inside your phone' card. If you say that again, then I should know what you have in your phone too, I bought that for you."

With a stoic face, he shows me the screen displaying his gallery full of my pictures that I took after buying the phone. "I love taking pictures of myself using other people's phone. That is if we know each other and we're close and friends. Feel free to use that as wall-" I'm not even done with my sentence when he selects all photos and deletes it in one go. "Rude." I pouted childishly.

He ignores me, puts the phone down and continued eating. Now that I'm here anyway, maybe it's time to ask him if he wants to go with me to the art gallery tomorrow.

"Uhm, Baek?" he never spared me a look but I know he's listening so I went on. "I was wondering if you could... Go with me to an art gallery?" it was followed by a wide grin.

Baekhyun looks at me nonchalantly. I wasn't fazed at all and continued. "I have never been to an art gallery before. Maybe accompany me so I know what to do when I get there?"

"No."

Though I've seen that coming, it still made me sad. I really wanted to see an art gallery, I would like to see something for the first time and want that moment to be with him. "Well, at least I tried." I bobbed my shoulders and stood up from my seat, sighing. "I will take Seoho with me. I should've asked someone who's interested in art like him. Sorry for bothering you." I turned around, walked out of the kitchen and of his apartment to go back home.

I kept the childlike pout on my face even after getting inside my room. "I just want to take him out for short time." then my eyes went to the set of clothes I excitedly laid down on the bed after trying them on to see if I'd look pretty in it, because I was hoping to get a yes from him.

Why did I even expected for him say yes to me?

Asking Seoho to go with me, was a lie. He's still out of the country for Kyungsoo's tour. But he would be a great company when going to an art gallery since he really likes arts and painting. He even promised to paint a portrait of me and had been dreaming to have his own exhibition. If ever it will really happen, he will consider my portrait as his favorite.

I never felt this important before. Being a subject for an artist's work is so much already. Now I'm wondering why I can't bring myself to like someone who appreciates me and could see beauty in me. I settled to someone who swoon me over with his voice.

And so the day ended with me accomplishing nothing for my mission to progress. I sulked whole time because of his simple 'no' and I hope he knows that.

The sound of someone rapidly pressing my doorbell, woke me up. I reached for my phone on the nightstand to check the time and saw that it's 9 in the morning already. I got up and lazily made my way to the door while wrapping a cardigan around my body.

"Coming!" I yelled though I don't know if the person heard it. I tugged on the knob to open the door. "Do you really have to press my doorbell like that-"

Baekhyun roams his eyes from my messy hair and down to my sleepwear. I suddenly felt small under his gaze and the fact that he's dressed isn't helping either.

"I thought you're going to an art gallery?" he raised one brow when he asked.

"You said no." I rolled my eyes, pouting. "Are you going somewhere? Finally going out to see some sunlight?"

"Yes, and to a gallery, with you."

I was stunned, slowly turning my head to look at him. He wants to go to the art gallery, with me? Yesterday he said no, firmly, why change his mind now?

Needless to say, Baekhyun went on, "Only because I don't like Seoho." he probably realized why he didn't like Seoho in the first place as his expression changed from stoic to hurt. Right, he never liked Seoho for thinking he was trying to make a move to Jian back when she was still his manager.

I gasped to get his attention and for him not to think about those any longer. "Wait! Let me change. This is why you should've told me when you changed your mind." I left the door open for him if he wanted to wait inside.

I couldn't stop being jumpy as we headed to his car. He was following behind me, embarrassed that I'm excitedly greeting everyone I see in my way and tell them I'm finally seeing an art gallery. I'm just happy that he agreed to go out with me and that means my mission is progressing. What I need next is to do everything so his smile shows up. It's been a long time since I saw that smile, one that brightens up my day.

"What's so e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter