Chapter 17

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

The moment I've entered SM Entertainment's building, Doyeon and Soomi were the first ones I saw. With upraised hand, I greeted them with a cheerful squeal and bolted my way to where they are.

"Guess who just had a dinner with the nation's soloist, Do Kyungsoo?" I ended my question with a jazz hand gesture.

Doyeon's lips turned round while Soomi looked confused scratching her head. "You had a dinner with Kyungsoo?!" the former asked in pure amusement, eyes now widening.

I nodded boastfully as an answer and even dusted one side of my shoulder with a smug look on my face.

Soomi seemed to recover from her confusion. "Wow! Is he handsome?"

Popping both of my thumbs up, I responded, "Very handsome."

They both squealed giddily by that and I joined them a second after. We started talking about the dinner and how beautiful Kyungsoo's voice sounded as I listened to it for the entire night. I also told them about how Baekhyun probably faked his sickness to excuse himself and for Kyungsoo and I to have the dinner by ourselves.

"Ooh, he's turning a softie for you." Soomi teasingly elbowed me and Doyeon does the same on my other side and even poked it, to which of course tickled me. "This is what I've been expecting since you got hired as Baekhyun's manager. A love story." Soomi continues.

"What love story? Ew! I can't like him, I'll lost this job if ever."

"Then love him secretly, duh?" I've been there. I wanted to tell her those words but this isn't the right place so I have to keep this to myself for now.

Doyeon seemed lost, staring straight ahead and ignoring how I'm ready to jump at Soomi just so she could stop teasing me. It was until she spoke, "Hey, speaking of the devil." and she gently nudged me with her elbow.

I tilted my head to look where she's staring at and saw Baekhyun walking up to our group. A quiet gasp comes out from me as I faced him, greeting him with a smile. Doyeon and Soomi steps back as soon as he stood right in front of me.

"Hi." then a wide, idiotic grin showing all of my teeth.

Baekhyun gives me a bored look. "I hate how excited you look."

"Oh, coming from you who ditched the meeting so I could spend the whole dinner with Kyungsoo, knowing that you ruined my chance of seeing his concert." I wiggled my brows. "I'm so thankful to you that I could kiss you."

The sound of someone clearing their throats from behind me, was heard. I froze, eyes widening a bit when it dawned into my head that Doyeon and Soomi were left standing few inches away from my back. Fudge, I cursed mentally. It makes me hyper everytime I get reminded that the meeting last night really happened, I couldn't stop myself from saying anything without actually thinking of the words coming out of my mouth. I think that's why I blurted out such embarrassment.

"Hehe." I let out an awkward laugh, waving both of my hands. "I was just kidding."

When Baekhyun was about to speak, I didn't give him the chance to and spoke off first. "You said you felt sick, let me..." I reached for his forehead and pressed a palm on it, I stuck my other palm on my own forehead as a way to compare our temperatures.

He stood idly, stunned at how I touched him so suddenly. His brows knitted few seconds after and irritably said, "I told you I am not sick." he pushes my hand aside.

"I was just worried." I rolled my eyes at him and turned to face the giggling girls behind me. "We have to go, Sooman must've been waiting."

"Of course. We'll be on our ways too." they both did a little bow before sprinting their way out from our sights.

"Let's go!" I cheerfully commanded while pointing a forefinger towards the elevator.

Oddly today, Sooman had called both Baekhyun and I to meet him and discuss something before we go to his only schedule for today. Since I wasn't able to check my social media accounts as I was busy screaming my heart out because of the dinner, I didn't know what happened.

Wait, Baekhyun once informed me about expecting a dating scandal from him after some sasaengs caught us in the parking lot. That must be it! I was mad and even raised my voice at him when he told me to get into his car. We looked like a couple having a fight and he makes it up to me by guiding me to his car like a gentleman, who wouldn't think we're not dating seeing us like that?

A hand came up to cup my burning cheek at the thought of being in a dating scandal with Baekhyun. It's just like those fanfictions I've read about him and I'm the female lead. I was so occupied with my thoughts that I missed noticing him squinting his eyes at me. The moment I did realize he's giving me a weird look, I was snapped out of my flirty thoughts. "What?"

"Do you even know why we're being called?"

"Uh, no?"

He lets out a groan, sounding like he's so done with his life and even did a hand gesture to show how irritated he is before speeding his way to our destination. I'm still doubting why we're being called so I answered no, thinking that if I tell him it's about our dating scandal and it's not really is, he'll call me a delusional.

It is the dating rumor.

I intertwined my hands from behind, not knowing what to say as Sooman showed us the pictures, one by one. There was from the toy store and it clearly showed Baekhyun's face, it was the time he was talking to me while we're in the line but good thing it was taken from behind me so only my back was shown.

He placed another set of pictures from from a new envelop. This time, it was from when we were in the parking lot. Just like the first set of photos, Baekhyun is the only one that could be seen. In these ones, he already had his coat around my head and no one luckily captured the time I refused to get into his car and almost reaching the parking lot's exit with my face exposed.

I guess this is why I didn't feel any nervousness as Sooman didn't look displeased with the pictures that could mean anything to the public by now.

"Oh no." I commented, just to break the silence in between us all.

"The girl is Y/n." Baekhyun confessed rather nonchalantly. He sounded as if getting into a dating scandal doesn't matter at all. It should matter, he should worry! This is his first dating rumor since he debuted and the one who spread that, said it was with a non-celebrity which will surely cause for his fans to doubt him.

"I got into a dating scandal with a female manager and that's embarrassing. Don't you think it's time to change my manager into a male? One that could drive a car and is strong enough to protect me from swarming fans in the airport?" now I know why does it seems like getting his image stained a bit, didn't matter. Of course it's all about getting rid of me.

"Excuse me, Mr. Byun. You are the one who texted me so early that you needed me to help you pick out a gift for your neice and decided not to wear any disguise." I folded my arms across my chest and ended my statement with a arrogant smirk.

"Welp, it was your plan afterall." Sooman agreed with my statement.

"What?!" Baekhyun's voice raised slightly. He's obviously betrayed and I can see it in his face. He glances at me for a second, only to see me wiggling my brows to . Your plan backfired, baby?

He must've had a plan B when he quickly composed himself, taking deep breaths to calm down. "Okay, what about a more reliable manager? Unlike someone who cries like a baby because she missed Kyungsoo's concert?"

I was caught off-guard. That was something I didn't see coming.

"How can I not cry when you purposely set a schedule on your own for me to miss it?" I whined while pointing a forefinger at him.

"You had planned everything yourself, Baekhyun. I'm not going to change your manager no matter what." Sooman gives me a knowing look and I responded with a nod of my head. "Besides, you aren't going to be swarmed by fans in the airport since you won't have any overseas activities until next year. And I think Y/n is strong enough to stay as your manager. Not physically strong but she handled someone like you, a man who has an attitude of a woman in her PMS."

A snort breaks out from me when I heard the last sentence. I was about to laugh the life out of me but I sighted Baekhyun's burning glare so I restrained myself and bit the bottom of my lip for it to be effective.

"Of course we're going to deny the rumors and say that Y/n's a family friend." Sooman gathered the photographs and puts them back inside the envelop. "You two can go."

"Thank you, sir." I bowed at him and twirled myself around to leave the office.

I got out first. I guess Baekhyun still had something to say as it took him awhile before emerging from the door. He quietly trailed behind me, looking irritated. Not wanting to ruin his mood even more, I fought the urge to open my mouth and speak to him.

"I'm going to find a way to get rid of you."

I hummed confusedly before rotating my head to look behind. "No matter what you're going to do, Sooman's not gonna fire me like what he did to Jian." I teasingly stick out my tongue at him and stared straight ahead to continue on our way.

"I thought you said you're sick of me? I'm trying to help you."

A sigh escapes from me. I know he's going to bring that up and now it's making me feel worst. "Baekhyun, I didn't mean that." I admitted, then spinning myself around to face him. "I was angry. Anyone could say or do something hurting to someone when they let their anger get ahead of them."

"And I guess it was because you hate when you did that so you won't be the only one in despair." he looks away from me by rolling his eyes. I could just sigh and softly said, "Let's go. You still have to film."

Since he's filming 'I Play Alone', from the title itself, none of us should be seen in the set to assume that Baekhyun really is alone. In order to achieve that, those who aren't needed will have to stay outside. Of course I stepped out of the apartment that was used for this show, knowing that I'm not needed. Baekhyun knows what is allowed to say or not so I guess that leaves me jobless for until the filming is done.

I have my back leaning against the wall as a foot tapped on the floor. Not even an hour after the filming started, I grew bored so I thought of playing some games installed on my phone. I was immersed on it but not that long and I started seeking something more fun.

Twitter was the first app that caught my attention after trying to search something entertaining. What am I going to do on twitter? I asked through my mind and found myself pressing the app.

There was nothing special, just the article of SM denying that Baekhyun is dating a non-celebrity and the one spotted with him is a family friend being the talk of the town.

I should've been used to how every entertainment would lie to ease the fans, now that I'm working under an entertainmen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter