Chapter 23

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Did he just... Made me wear a dress, only to be surrounded by reporters while he stood right in front of us all?

I still don't get the grudge he's holding against me but he hasn't been talking since this morning at the store. No matter what the reason is, I couldn't bring myself to be mad at him for that. He paid for the dress I'm wearing for tonight's event so... Hehe. But hey, this is a good thing! He's mad at me for something, he could've left and let me pay this utterly expensive clothing all by myself or ask for me to pay him back since he got mad at me after buying the dress, but he didn't.

And now I know the meaning of his 'wear something presentable' and why I could only choose a dress in navy blue, white, or both colors in one... So we could have matching colors. It's like I'm his girlfriend he wanted to have a matching clothes with or a maid in a uniform to match with him. Either way, I end up winning for looking so good in this dress.

The reporters and fansite masters around me started pushing each other, hoping to get Baekhyun to answer their questions or to look at them. I get pushed too, even yelled at though not for me but their mouths were just beside my ears as they loudly called Baekhyun's name.

He would slowly tilt his head to look at every direction and to every camera lenses fixated at him. Even before his eyes could find me in the crowd of reporters, I raised my hand, jumped up and down and called his name rather excitedly. "BAEKHYUNIE! Look here!" I waved my hand until he whipped his head to my direction. Through the screen of my phone, I stared at him and saw how his smile faltered and pursed his lips for a straight line.

Though it was as if he didn't like my presence in front of him, I still captured a lot of photos as much as I can before he roamed his eyes past my figure. I badly wanted to ask him what I did for giving me a silent treatment, but I guess I have to wait until the event is over to do so.

"My job here is done." I muttered to myself and turned around to find my way out of the crowding reporters. I extended out an arm while trying to force myself to pass by. "Just let me... Pass-" someone suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the ocean of people. I tripped over my own feet and ended up bumping against the person.

"Be careful there," he giggles. I shifted my gaze up to him and saw the same man from the clothing store earlier this morning. "Wow, so you bought the dress for tonight's event?"

I was totally mesmerized by his voice, he sounded so manly and gentle... Gentleman! His diction and accent, it's making my heart flutter. The way he's styled from his hair to clothes, I guess he's also a part of this event; a guest or one of the important person like Baekhyun. I didn't know I was THAT mesmerized until it dawned into me that I have been gawking at him.

"I haven't introduced myself properly," he chuckles ever so manly, eventually snapping me out of my trance. "I'm Francisco, but I prefer everyone to call me France." he holds out his hand to me.

I twinkled my eyes rapidly. "I-I'm Y/n!" stammering, I reached for his hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you, F-France." after stuttering on saying his name, I looked away from him and scrunched my face in a manner like I'm scolding myself for it.

"So are you a guest?" he looks behind me, eyeing Baekhyun on the red carpet from a distance. "Looking back from earlier this morning, I felt the need to compliment your beauty — which your boyfriend failed to appreciate. It wasn't nice to see such pretty girl sulking and not getting the compliment you deserve."

"Boyfriend?" my gaze followed where he's looking at. "No! You're getting it wrong! Baekhyun is not my boyfriend, I'm his manager." I waved both of my hands, a gesture that I'm denying his accusation.

France then smiled at that. His eyes got even more sparkly, like he's pleased with my words. The next thing he did caught me off guard. He removed the I.D hanging around his neck to put it on me. "You should've told the other co-creative director to get you a VIP pass if he's expecting you to follow around him, you could've been spared from being squished by those reporters."

"Thanks," I bashfully beamed at him. "But what about you?"

"I don't need that, I'm also a co-creative director along with your artist. And if I were you, I'd be going inside the venue by now, sweetheart." he winks at me before passing by to go and join Baekhyun at the red carpet. Astonished, I'd follow him with my eyes and saw how those reporters got wilder once they saw him.

He's so... Manly.

The night went on. After the red carpet, I had to meet Baekhyun at the backstage but I never saw France with him, though I think they had few conversations on the way. Baekhyun still ignores after approaching him. I didn't want to start a conversation and be ignored, so I diverted my attention to Sehun — who's currently texting me to make sure I'm fine.

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
Sooo? How's your little grump? 😂

You:
Ugh, he still won't talk to me 😩

You:
I don't know what his problem is but I'll make the most out of this trip!

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
That's the spirit!

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
I have to go by the way. Chanyeol hyung and I had to do something. Text you later! ❤️

You:
🍓🍓🍓

I must've caught Baekhyun's attention to the way I'm harshly tapping my forefinger on the screen of my phone to put a lot of strawberries as I can and send it to Sehun.

"Why are you sending so many strawberry emojis to Sehun?" he was peeking from behind me.

"Oh, this? Strawberry is my love emoji," one of his brows twitched up when I showed him my phone screen. "For me, the strawberry is equivalent to all of the heart emojis. Hearts have different meanings individually, but strawberry could mean all of those in one! It's up to the receiver on what kind of love did I just sent." I explained.

"That'll be confusing."

"I know, but Sehun won't be confused to this one. I never told anyone about the meaning of the strawberries I send. Except to you." I winked at him playfully while he kept his face stoic.

"Mr. Byun Baekhyun," the both of us turned to look at the person who called his name. "It's time for your performance."

"Oh, right." he leaves with the staff to go on stage.

I was left alone in the backstage, wandering my eyes around the whole place in hopes to find someone or something that might make this wait entertaining. Just when I was about to approach an SM staff I know, I heard the intro of one of Baekhyun's songs that I like; the one I suggested that I thought he asked to be crushed out of the list.

From the side of the backstage, I peered through the opening so I could see Baekhyun. Once I heard his voice blasting through the speakers all over the place, my heart did it again. It wasn't just because his voice always had that effect on me, but the thought that he made me believe that I chose the song he liked the least but is currently performing it... I could really say that our relationship is far from what it used to be.

"That's my Baekhyunie!" I cheered as loud as I can. I even caught his attention when he glimpsed at me for a second, so I quickly did an encouraging gesture. I hope he knows that seeing him onstage and performing makes me the happiest, I wish I could tell him how I feel right now, that he's filling me with excitement.

"He really is talented." I gasped out of shock and immediately spun myself around, only to see France standing behind me. "No wonder why fans are flocking to see him."

"I didn't see you there." I giggled as he moved to stand beside me.

"You know there's a better place to cheer for your artist."

"Huh?"

I stiffened when his hand found mine, then pulling me away from where we stood. I didn't know where we're going but I just let him lead me and soon found myself in the crowd of fans, dancing and singing along with Baekhyun. Not just that, but we're much closer to the stage compared to the other fans around us.

"You have your VIP pass, make use of it." France laughed inwardly.

Baekhyun sang a line and glanced to the side of the stage, confusion then quickly spreads across his face; his forehead formed slight ridges for a second. He missed singing a word but continued rather naturally.

He must be looking for me. Before heading out to the store this morning, he told me to never stay away from his sight since I am new to this place, I might get lost. He even scolded me when I hid from him last night while heading back to our rooms after our dinner. I must admit I'm a bit handful when I'm at my most childishness, I can't blame him for that.

I strode closer towards the stage and raised my hand in the air in attempt to get his attention. "Kyoong!" he quickly turned his head to my direction while I stepped even closer until I could touch the stage, then I tried to reach out my hand to him.

He must be relieved to see me when he stopped singing to sigh, it was even heard. Baekhyun continued with his performance shortly after while I cheered for him below the stage for few minutes before stepping back so I wouldn't provoke his fans who can't come closer to him like I did.

"That is not the kind of relationship I thought you two had." France admitted as soon as I got back to where I was, beside him.

"Oh, no. He hates me." I glanced at him and chuckled. "He just didn't want me out of his sight, he can't do things on his own without me."

"Then why don't he get a new manager if he hates you? And why would he hate a sweetheart like you?"

"Long story." I waved off, internally hoping he won't see how my cheeks turned pink at his words.

"You know the event is going to last all night-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence when someone from behind us, called for him. "France!" a woman came rushing up to us.

"Excuse me for awhile," I nodded at him and so he leaves with her.

Not long after, Doyeon came running towards me. "Y-Y/n-ssi," she was breathless and sweating really hard, also turning pale.

"What happened to you? Are you okay?"

"D-do my thing for m-me," she wrapped her arms on her stomach and a groan followed after. "You retouch Baekhyun's makeup, I really need to go to the restroom."

"Leave it to me," but then I realized I never learned how to handle cosmetics. "But how do I do that?"

"He had light makeup for tonight, maybe just the lipstick and wipe his sweat off his face." she quickly spins around to leave but whipped her head back at me after seemingly remembering something. "Also, do the other co-creative director's retouch, the very handsome one. His makeup artist left for an emergency. I really need to go. Bye! Love you!"

"Love you too!" I waved at her before making my way to the dressing room, opposite to the way where Doyeon disappeared.

I was worried about Doyeon and also to the responsibility she had left me that I couldn't stop anxiously pacing back and forth in the backstage as I waited for Baekhyun's performance to end. It didn't lasted long when his performance progressed and I realized that the songs he performed were all of what I suggested that he said he didn't like.

I couldn't help the grin trying to show up as soon as I saw him walking into the backstage. I went up to him, biting my bottom lip to refrain myself from smiling (incase he'd find it weird).

"You look excited." he commented, voice filled with confidence as if he knew I'm feeling this way because of him. He isn't wrong though.

I shrugged my shoulders and reached for his face to wipe his sweat off. Baekhyun closed his eyes as I carefully grazed the towel across his forehead. "It's making me exuberant to see you perform the songs I like, it has been my dream! I have never been into any of your concerts so you can't blame me for that." then my eyes travelled to the lipstick I'm holding. "I'm doing your retouch by the way, Doyeon had to leave urgently." I stepped closer towards him and had to tiptoe since he's a little taller.

"Seems like you've met France and already established some kind of friendship with him?" he kept his lips parted after saying those.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy," focusing too much, I unintentionally pushed my bottom lip for a pout as my fingers moved the lipstick applicator on his lips. I just don't want to mess this up and make him look funny.

"He seems interested in you," does he really have to make this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter