Chapter 49

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

Ever since Baekhyun and I had slept together, we got addicted to it. It's either we spend the night at his apartment or mine, as long as we fall asleep while cuddling; his arms around me, my head on his chest. Everything's going to be okay as long as we're like that.

I woke up to Baekhyun gently my hair, and I didn't want him to stop so I kept my eyes closed as if I'm still fast asleep. I can picture him out laying on his side with an elbow propped against the pillow, his cheek resting on his palm while the other hand smoothing out my hair. It's the Baekhyun that I always woke up to every morning.

"I'm sorry," I felt his hand on my cheek, thumb brushing my skin softly. What is he sorry for? Baekhyun sometimes have something to say that he just can't when I'm awake, or there are things bothering his mind when he can't sleep at night.

"I will always be sorry for how I was to you back then." a heavy sigh. "I can't help but feel sorry every damn time I see you. Especially when you're smiling. How can you smile so bright while looking at me, laugh at my words for you... After everything that I've done?"

Baekhyun...

I never thought that until now, he's still feeling guilty for the things he did to me. He looks genuinely happy when he makes me smile and that was enough for me. I didn't read through his eyes to know that behind those adoring smile, hides the guilt he feels while looking at me - reminded of how he made me cry, mad, and upset.

He leaves a kiss on my forehead before I feel him leaving the bed. I wanted to stop him and encourage him to talk his thoughts out to me until he feels better and then assure him he's wholeheartedly forgiven for everything he had done in the past. Soon after, I heard the door shutting close and that's when I got up and sadly stared at the door where he disappeared.

I feel bad for not being that kind of girlfriend who can talk to him. Around someone and being sensitive myself like Baekhyun, I've been careful with my words whenever I try to comfort people. I just... I'm not really into words, I'm more into gestures and physical touch. All I could think of when Baekhyun is upset is just cuddle him, and then I feel him getting better. It never failed to improve his mood and take his mind off those thoughts that makes him sad.

But this one, I wanted to be able to talk to him.

I got off the bed and was just about to leave the room when my phone rang from the nightstand. It was my mom, calling me first thing in the morning.

Swiping on the screen to answer, I walked towards the door in my room that leads to the balcony. "Hi mom. Good morning."

"Hello, sweetie. Did I woke you up?"

"No, I just got up." I bent over the railing and rested my arms on it, watching the street slowly getting busy below me.

"I was worried, it's been weeks since the last time you called us."

"Sorry, mom. I... I have been so overwhelmed too that I wasn't able to tell you so soon."

"Tell me what?"

I trapped my lower lip in between my teeth, trying my best not to feel hesitant about telling her. She's my mom and there's nothing that I can hide from her. After all, I think she can help me with my problem. Give advice on how do I try to convince Baekhyun to talk to me and the perfect way to comfort him.

"Baekhyun is my boyfriend. I mean, we have been dating."

Silence. I kind of expected that. Internally, I counted to five but before reaching the last number, mom recovered from the shock.

"I have seen that coming."

I chuckled and heard my dad's voice in the background, talking nonsense in my perspective. Mom snickering followed after. "Honey, please. You're eldest daughter just got her first boyfriend. You can't be saying that."

Though the words were incoherent, I can tell that dad is not really happy with what I just announced. Mom continued her defense against whatever dad is saying. "At least she's not dating her poster now. And finally dating the same person in the poster, you should be happy with the improvement. Now we're sure she's not crazy."

"Mom!" I whined, giggling along with it. "If it's because of the past, Baekhyun is a whole lot different kind of person right now. I can assure you that. If he used to lure his fans into breaking my leg, he now protects me like his life depends on it."

"He did what!?" now it was dad talking on the phone.

Oh, shoot! I wasn't supposed to say that! The only thing that my parents knew about the accident months ago was because we were chased by Baekhyun's spy fans. Of course I would never told them that it was Baekhyun who actually started the stampede.

I just dug Baekhyun's grave for him... Deeper than he did.

"Dad... That's not what it means." I laughed nervously.

"Never show up with that Baekhyun in front of me." he says it calmly as possible, but I know that if I'd longer insist he'll snap at me. Nothing's more scarier than my enraged dad. I think I should help Baekhyun on trying to get into his good side.

"Goodness gracious! I have never been so disappointed in him." Mom added before hanging up.

Believe me when I say that I can literally feel my heart cracking. This is why I have to be, and have been really careful with my words. Look at how the call turned out? It used to be only my dad not in favor of Baekhyun, now it's both of my parents.

Maybe I'll just let their anger subside a little bit and then magically show up at the door with a very good boy Baekhyun behind me.

I stayed at my balcony for a while, thinking about my parents and how to deal with the mess I just made when my screen lit up once again. I thought it was from either mom or dad but it's a message from Sehun.

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
Do you have a moment to have lunch with me? I want to tell you something.

You:
Sure ^^

Bbiyak Bbiyak 🐥:
See you later, Tink ❤️

I went back inside, heading straight to the living room and to my door. I have to tell Baekhyun that I already told my parents about us and it didn't went well. Right after I pulled my door open, Baekhyun appeared, standing in front of me with his finger pointing out. I guess he's about to enter my door password but I opened up before he could.

"Hey, beautiful. Did I woke you up when I left?"

I nodded with a hum and immediately took his hand in mine as soon as he stepped in.

"I'm sorry, baby. Let's go back to sleep, we still have a lot of time before my schedule for today." he cups the back of my head and pulled me in for a quick kiss on my forehead.

With our hands linked, we were walking back to my bedroom when I suddenly remember the phone call with my parents earlier. Before reaching my room, I came into a sudden stop and Baekhyun tripped back slightly.

"Baby..." I whispered shyly.

He looks at me with excited gaze and a grin slowly breaks out. I never really call Baekhyun endearments except for 'my love' or 'love', so it's understandable to see him happy over me calling him to something he never heard from me.

"Yes, baby?"

"I told my parents about us."

His expression lightened up. "Me too. It's actually the reason why I stepped out for a bit." he spun to completely face me and took both of my hands in his. "Eomma expected it and wanted to meet you once again. Only this time, as my girlfriend." the way he looks so happy about it is just melting my heart. And I'm so ready to do everything to see him this bright in happiness.

But then again, my recklessness isn't helping that. I hesitated to speak for a second, but his eyes were quick to see that and his smile vanished.

"Is something bothering you?"

Another bite on my lower lip. "The thing is..."

"Your dad is not in favor of me, isn't it?" he cuts me off knowingly.

"I've seen that coming."

"Not only that-"

"Of course I will do everything to get into his good side, my love. I understand your dad. I mean, I'd be skeptical too if my daughter - as pretty as you, were to get your first boyfriend." now he's talking nonstop. Probably trying to hide and deny that the thought of meeting my father, as my boyfriend, is making him nervous.

"Baekhyun,"

"I'd become feral! Like I'm so ready to shred him to pieces if I found out he made my baby girl cry-"

"Baekhyun!"

He quickly pressed his lips into straight line while I stared at him apologetically. One, for raising my voice and two, for what I'm about to tell him.

"I accidentally told them that you... It was you who lured your fans into a stampede, the reason why I broke my leg months ago." I avoided his gaze and pulled my hands from his hold to hug myself as I turned away. "Now it's not just my dad, but also my mom. They told me not to show up in front of them, with you."

"Y/n..."

Now he's calling me to my name. He must be really disappointed. "I know, Baekhyun. I'm the worst."

I thought he'd agree to that and leave my apartment. But he placed a hand on my shoulder and spun me around to face him. "Love, look. I understand your parents and I deserve it. I was the worst to you and they're bound to know that, they should know that first." and he brings one hand up to my cheek and nestle it on his warm palm. "But know this, too. I will do whatever I can for them to forgive me and prove that I'm not the same as I was before. If you were able to forgive me, why can't they? Right?"

"I forgave you because I love you."

"That's another point. You love me. If your parents were fine about you being hired as my manager because you love me and you really want to do it, they'll be fine about me being your boyfriend because you love me." he gently caressed his thumb on my cheek. "Your love will protect me while I prove myself to them, that I deserve you even after all the things I did. And that I will take good care of you to make up to those times I never cared for you."

I jutted my lower lip for a baby pout. "Remind me why I love you so much." Baekhyun laughs lightly before stealing a kiss on my lips. "You sound like you're asking for my hand in marriage."

"Well, unless..." he leans in with his eyes closed and lips puckering but I was quicker to press a forefinger on his lips and push his face away from me.

Baekhyun peeled his eyes open. "Come on, don't be sorry. It was true anyway." he whines against my finger. "You think I don't know what to do? I know how to make your parents forgive me for what I did to you. Trust me."

I know that when he tells me to trust him, that means he will never break his word no matter what it takes. And I indeed trust Baekhyun for this one. If I was able to forgive him, who suffered more than what my parents only knew. Then they can forgive him too.

And he's cute, who could resist him? Good thing he's mine.

I brought my finger down and quickly pecked his lips. "Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter