Chapter 11

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

There are 5 phases of emotions after finding out your idol is dating: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. That is according to Sung Deokmi of the drama 'Her Private Life'.

They can't be dating when they just met after three long years! It would be weird. You lost contact with each other for such a long time and after meeting again you'll immediately go out on a date? That will lead to a toxic relationship that will end in a blink of an eye. If you want your relationship to last, at least make time to know each other and if you already do and you parted temporarily then catch up with what's new to see if he/she is still the person you wanted to be with.

Does it make sense? Or it's just me making up those because I'm denying what I found out.

I went to work feeling gloomy, shoulders heavy with my lips curling downwards as I made my way towards the dance practice room. Staffs who wanted to greet me on their way, never did, as if they could feel my heavy heart. The whole place was gloomy itself actually, unlike when I'd skip my way in with excitement.

I've said it before, I'm like a sunshine. Someone who'll give light so everyone could tell it's morning no matter what the weather may be. But I didn't mention about the sunshine being bright all the time. When the weather's bad it looks dull, but still up to burst light from the sky. Seeing that some of the staffs would stretch their lips for different kinds of smile after their orbs found me, even when I look gloomy. That's what I am today, a dull sunshine in the middle of a storm.

Since Jihyang is still at the hospital and there is another music show performance three days after the last one yesterday, I came at work not just as Baekhyun's manager but also a part of the team. I had to practice the dance after that spontaneous performance I pulled off the day before.

During warm ups, we were waiting for Baekhyun to arrive when the door opened harsly that it bounced against the wall. All of our gazes snapped towards the one who did that. Ah, speak of the devil. He walks in with a huge grin on his face, cup holders in the both sides of his hands.

"Good morning my favorite team!" he greets, then settling down what he brought with him on the couch. Baekhyun starts taking out each cup of coffee and presonally walking up to each and one of us to hand them. Jongin stepped out for a bit so Baekhyun left one drink for him and proceeded to those who were currently present.

I was the last one. With a smile, he holds into the cup, both of his hands curling with security around the cup's body as he carefully made his way towards me. He stops right in front of me and extended his arms, the mouth of drink leveling just below my eyes that I could see smoke coming out and the smell of the coffee soon followed. "For you."

"Oh," I took the drink from his hands and he remained standing there, eyes stilling on my face and smile not even faltering. It was the look I once wished he could have when I'm in front of him. That was back when he was at his rudest, earlier times of my job. But I don't know why that look is making me feel uncomfortable. "You seemed different."

"Me?" he chuckles, finally breaking his gaze away from my flushed face. "I must be in a very good mood because you saved my performance yesterday." then he pokes my cheek using a forefinger and turns around immediately to walk away before he could see how my face turned redder at that.

Omg... What was that? I pursed my lips and a hand came up to cup the same cheek Baekhyun had poked. Everything that is making my heart feel heavy had suddenly vanished.

"Y/n-ssi," Jongin emerges from the door and strode towards me, pulling me out of my trance. I hummed to let him know I heard him calling me. "Teacher Lee Sooman wants to have a word with you at his office."

My giddy expression altered into confusion. "What have I done?"

Jongin chuckles. "If you want to know, then go and check. I think it's about yesterday."

So I dashed out of the practice room and quickly made my way to Teacher Lee Sooman's office. When I opened the door, it was as if he'd been expecting me. He was smiling while staring at the door as I stepped in.

"You've asked for me, Sir?"

He nods quietly. I shyly tiptoed towards his desk and stood in front of him. My hands played with each other behind my back, a coping mechanism whenever I'm standing anxious in front of someone who wants to have a word with me. Have I done something wrong? I thought. Sooman was busy reading something, leaving me tensing on my spot.

Finally, he lifts his eyes from the documents he's reading and stared up at my face. "I've heard about the incident yesterday."

I gasped. "Oh that- I'm sorry, Sir." then my lowered my head to bow.

"I just wanted to say that it was very impressive of you." he grins widely and drops the documents to clap his hands. I swear if he turns me into an idol, I won't hesitate. "Was it your idea?"

"No!" I waved my hands aggressively while shaking my head. "It was Baekhyun's. He'd seen me dance to his song during rehearsals and the team taught me."

"I see," he nods. "You two have been improving a lot. Your relationship as an idol and manager I mean."

I could only chuckle at that, not knowing what to say. Are we really improving? Even I could see and feel the difference between now and when I just started working. We're fighting less and awhile ago Baekhyun walked in to work in a very good mood that he was grinning, cheerful, and even bought us coffee for an unknown- wait a minute!

Could it be because...? My teeth forced themselves on my bottom lip as I thought of the question to ask Sooman while I still have the chance. "Uh, about our relationship... Can I ask something, Sir?" he glanced up and nodded, then going back to read the documents in his hands. "I know I'm just Baekhyun's manager and since I'm working for him, I can't help but be curious. So I wanted to ask about his former manager named Kang Jian."

I saw how Sooman froze on his seat, eyes bulging slightly and fingers tightening on the papers. It was as if Jian's name was taboo, like Voldemort's that shouldn't be said carelessly. Okay, why is everyone reacting like I shouldn't know Jian or they don't want to talk about her? Is she that special or what?

"I... I'm just curious since I think she's a big contributor to the reason why Baekhyun was rude to his former managers and to me." I bowed. "I'll get going. I'm sorry for asking that." quickly, I turned around and strode towards the door. But even before I could reach the knob to open it, Sooman spoke.

"Where did you get that information?"

I faced him. "From Sehun and Chanyeol. She was the one who bumped against my back, the reason why I spilled the coffee and hurt one of Baekhyun's backup dancers yesterday. She's an idol now by the way." then I bit my lip, realizing that I'm being too chatty due to nervousness.

"An idol?" one of his brows lifted up. "Did she had any interaction with Baekhyun?"

"They just stared at each other and-" met at a cafe and then had dinner at a fancy restaurant later that day, I wanted to say those but my tongue suddenly felt like it pulled itself further towards my throat to stop me from talking. "They met at the backstage and just stared."

"Very well," Sooman sighed and leaned against the backrest of his office chair. "Now, Y/n. I want you to look after Baekhyun very closely. Make sure after his schedules, he's going straight home." then he muttered something I didn't catch as he looked away.

The way he said those, it sounded weird. Like he didn't want Baekhyun to meet Jian ever again after their ONLY interaction. Bewildered, I still nodded and bowed. "I will."

I went back to the practice room, only to see the team playing around with Baekhyun on the lead. My heart instantly melted at the sight of his bright smile. Ever since that day I was hired to be his manager, I've never seen him this hyped? Childlike and happy, I mean. He never laughed this loud nor play with anyone as if he's back to being a kid. He alway had that gloomy aura that when he steps in the practice room or anywhere crowded by staffs, will make everyone think he's just a rude and dull person.

I hate it, because I made a promise to myself to bring his happiness back through me. But the reason why he regained his happiness is because he found Jian.

That -

----

"I'm driving you home."

I snapped my gaze to Baekhyun and furrowed my brows. "What home?" my hands slumped themselves on the either sides of my hips. "Don't tell me you forgot you still have photoshoot for Tirtir after the practice."

He came into a halt and blinks his eyes confusedly. "Photoshoot?"

A breathy laugh. "I sent you your schedules for today last night, Baekhyun."

One hand came up to his nape to scratch it awkwardly. "I forgot."

He must've been so giddy to meet Jian again that's why he forgot. Or more like cleared his schedule on his own so he could spend time with her. Ha! No way! I'll be in watch and I will make sure he won't meet her every single day, not even for a second!

It seems what a villain would do, right? It's not because I'm jealous (well, partly) but Sooman told me so. He wants me to look after Baekhyun and I'll take that as a cue that he doesn't want Baekhyun to meet Jian. From the way he reacted after hearing my question, it was as if Jian did something wrong and the fact that he fired her only makes sense.

I sat silently on the passenger's seat while Baekhyun drove looking anxious. Deep inside my mind, I'm grinning triumphantly. I must've ruined something from his plans to meet Jian after the rehearsals. It took minutes before he opened his mouth to speak.

"So... I have this friend, I guess you've met her." he glances at me for a second.

But I acted like I didn't know who he meant. "Who?"

"The one who bumped against you yesterday, that girl." his eyes blinked rapidly, bottom lip pushed inside his mouth. "You see, we're supposed to meet for a lunch to catch up but I forgot about my schedule so instead of lunch, I'd like to invite her to watch-"

"No," it was my turn to glance at him, crossing my arms and raising a brow. "Your past photoshoots were leaking online, we can't let that happen again." I remember four years ago, few months after Baekhyun had his successful debut, he was offered endless of magazine photoshoots. But even before they get to annouce that, his pictures would always leak online. Even his teaser photos and songs would be out before his comeback.

I just found a good excuse so they couldn't see each other. Though I don't know if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter