Chapter 10

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I kept my eyes in the hallway where Jihyang slowly gets further away from us together with the medics. It was until they took a turn, completely vanishing from my sight. One of my hands came up to massage my temple. I couldn't help but blame myself as to why that happened, I am the one who spilled the coffee so I did that to Jihyang. Although Baekhyun's performance will have to continue, I still feel like I've ruined the entirety of it.

"What are we going to do now? She's like the center of the chorus." Rozal asks, I can sense the rest of the team's disappointment to the way they sighed.

"How about Y/n?" I turned to look at Baekhyun, a hint of shock visible on my visage. I was surprise not because of his suggestion, but rather because of his voice as my name slip pass his lips. It was soft, unlike how he called me out the last time. "You know the steps perfectly. You did Jihyang's part during the practice and she did mine it should be fine."

Jongin snaps his fingers, catching my attention. "Right! I saw how you dance to this one, Y/n."

I wanted to refuse. I didn't want to take her place when I really feel bad about what happened to her. "But-"

Wootae cuts me off. "Please?"

And the rest of the team surrounded me, each and one of them clasping their hands in a pleading manner with their eyes twinkling cutely. "Please?"

If they think this is going to make me feel better, no. I felt a thousand times worst. I haven't been dancing to the song for almost a week now and the next chance I'll have to is in front of Baekhyun's fans? Hell no! "I did-"

"Please?"

They divided themselves into two groups and stepped aside to give way for Baekhyun approaching me. I could feel my heart jumping inside my chest, I wanted to squeal but of course I shouldn't so I pressed my lips for a thin line and avoided his gaze.

Maybe it's because I'm easy when it comes to him that I found myself sitting in front of the dresser, all perfectly dressed like how Jihyang is supposed to look for this performance. I stared at my own reflection, sighing every now and then. Guilt is still taking over me as the image of Jihyang being in pain keeps on coming back in my mind. I closed my eyes and shook my head, then heaving out a breath.

"It's not your fault."

I gasped and looked behind, only to see Baekhyun standing at the doorway. Since one of his dancers got injured, his turn to perform was moved so the team could have time to fix the problem after the accident.

Baekhyun steps inside and closed the door behind him. "I know you're blaming yourself. It was an accident, it's not your fault."

Staring back at the mirror, I shook my head aggressively and both of my hands coming up to fist on my own hair frustratedly. "I spilled the drink! It is my doing. She was hurt because of me." I blew a good amount of air in attempt to stop myself from tearing up. "It feel so wrong replacing her after all those practices she invested her time to."

"Y/n."

I shifted my eyes up and glanced at him through the mirror while trying to control my breathing. The way he said my name isn't helping me to calm down. Baekhyun walks closer to where I'm seated and stopped once he reached my side. Gathering air inside my mouth to puff my cheeks, I looked down on my lap and pretended that I'm not affected of how he sounded so worried as if he cared for me.

Suddenly, his hand appears on my sight. My gaze went to his face, brows slightly knitted in confusion. He only nodded, encouraging me to take his hand. At first, I was reluctant but I still did anyway. The moment our hands touched, my heart already stopped beating that I could just die right in front of him. Sure I looked like it didn't matter but I'll surely remember each second of this moment and scream my heart out once I get home.

Baekhyun pulled me up to stand and immediately lets go of my hand. The lost of contact saddened me for a bit until he spoke once again.

"I never said your name that way, didn't I?"

Intentionally, my body quivered and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Goosebumps."

Both of us chuckled at that. It eventually lifted my mood up that a little smile remained after the laughter died down. Ever since that night I stayed at his apartment, we're slowly improving. That being said, Baekhyun's not that rude to me anymore. I could feel we're reaching the friend stage once this continued.

"Thanks-" I was cut off when someone knocked on the door and soon opened, EXO-SC then came walking in.

"Whoa." Chanyeol whistles. "You look good, Y/n."

I pulled the ends of my lips for a shy smile. "Thanks, Channie."

"We're here to support Baekhyun and this one is supposed to be for him but it looks better with you." he handed a boquet of pink roses to me. Since it was for Baekhyun, I only gazed at it contemplating if I should accept or not. Chanyeol giggles before taking my hand and pushes the boquet to it. "I mean it. Don't worry about Baekhyun losing the flowers."

"As if I wanted those." the taller sticks his tongue out to tease his hyung.

Sehun placed something on the couch he found inside the dressing room. "We also bought ice cream cakes for you two."

"Thanks, Sehun."

Jongin suddenly emerges from the door. "Heyeah, squad!"

"Hi, Jongin!" SeChan gave him a highfive and a side hug.

"It's Baekhyun's turn soon. Let's better head to the backstage now."

I couldn't stop panting dramatically while waiting for the current performance to end so Baekhyun could have his turn. This is my first time performing in front of hundreds of fans, no one could blame me if I'm like this! And the fact that I'm taking Jihyang's part-like being the center of the chorus as what Rozal calls it-only made me feel even more nervous. Once the music stopped, a squeal escapes from me.

Jongin chortled at my reaction. "You'll do great, Y/n."

"I hope so."

TWICE exits the stage after their comeback performance of More & More. We started entering the stage while I'm bowing at the girls passing by me, fangirling at them right after they bowed back. Well, that helped me feel less nervous.

We positioned ourselves on the stage. Now my heart is hyperventilating inside after I saw how the fans reacted upon seeing me. They looked confused, probably because they've been expecting to see Jihyang but instead it's me who showed up. All because of what I did to the original dancer.

This is not the right time to make yourself feel guilty! I told myself and shook my head to get myself together.

Before starting the very performance, Baekhyun explained why his turn to perform got delayed. He told the fans about the accident and the small changes that has to be made for his performance to continue. After telling them that someone had to replace Jihyang, he looks back at me and nodded a little. I felt my chest lightening as the music started.

Okay self, now you need to focus. I was mentally tapping the top of my head.

For the first few seconds of the song, Baekhyun only had to dance with the male dancers. So we girls were on standby beside the stage until it's our turn, walking in and replacing the boys. My heart is racing by now while constantly reminding myself that there are lots and lots of fans watching me so I shouldn't have any mistakes. I'm performing with Baekhyun even when I'm just his manager!

Oh sh- wait! I forgot about the eye contact that I have to do with Baekhyun for the chorus. As my body moved accordingly to the music, I could literally feel my blood leaving my viens although my heart doubled its beat to pump more blood in them. Now I'm more nervous than ever, thanks to myself who once wished to see Baekhyun stare at me like what he did to Jihyang, which I am halfheartedly regretting by the way.

That certain part is fast approaching, I wanted to smile but the nervousness isn't allowing me to that I ended up stretching my lips for a forced smile with my eyes slightly narrowed. It wasn't until I twisted myself to face Baekhyun. The moment I saw his face and seeing him smiling at me, my heart... Melted? Instead of those cliche drama moments where a character could hear its heart beating abnormally, my own one calmed down. I suddenly felt like I can do this.

It was as if his smile was contagious when I felt my forced one disappeared and was replaced by a real smile. Confidence and boldness swam their way in my viens and soon after the sweet smile turned into a smirk as we did the flirty part of the dance. Baekhyun looked utterly shock for few seconds and carried on the performance, locking gazes with me and sang smoothly.

Whoo! At least I survived that stare and interaction that we have to do. I thought I was going to die and would hyperventilate in the middle of the performance but I made it! Pretty soon, I didn't have to be nervous since it seems like I'll be taking Jihang's part until the last music show performance for this comeback.

After the performance we went to the backstage except for Baekhyun, it's time for the awarding of today's winner. The rest of the idols joined Baekhyun on stage while we were talking about our performance from earlier. They couldn't stop complimenting me that I totally forgot the guilt in me and it made me very happy.

"I made a little mistake despite all those practices we did. But Y/n didn't, even with that sticky stare Baekhyun gave her."

I stared at the other female dancer with my eyes bulging. "What sticky stare?"

"During the chorus." Rozal wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulled my closer to her. "The chemistry is overflowing like this." then she did a dramatic hand gesture in the air.

"True. I might ship you two!"

"Me too!"

"Wait let me think of a ship name!"

When each and one of them started teasing me, poking my sides or chanting our so-called 'ship name', I tried reaching for their mouths and hands to give it a smack in hopes for them to stop. They shouldn't see that I'm liking it hehehe. Too immersed over our little fun, I failed to hear how the winner was anounced. It was until his song played and idols slowly started leaving the stage. I hurriedly ran away from the team and peeked through the stage's entrance so I could see Kyungsoo performing his song, he's today's winner. As expected from him! He's one my favorite soloists aside from Baekhyun. I finally had the chance to see him p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter