Chapter 6

Knocked Out

Can't actually remember the last time she was completely concious and aware of her surrounding. Lying down on the familiar fragrant and the comfortable bed, she feeling the soft bed sheet.

Wanting and trying to remember exactly what happened yesterday. Because all she can remember was Jennie driving her back home after witnessing a horrible site of a crime scene. Neither Jennie and herself was okay after that. 

And after that, she have no recall on how she could ended up on her bed wearing her pajamas. 

Well the part of her wearing her pajama, probably Seulgi helped her changing her clothes. But after that, she doesn't have any memories of what happened. 

Seeing the side of her bed is empty, she look around the bedroom only to find nothing. Seulgi must be outside. 

So she gets up from the bed, heading to the living room only to find Wendy and Seulgi sitting on the couch. Talking about something serious. 

But what catches her eyes the most is Wendy. Her face cover with lot of plasters and one on the corner of her head is bandage. Then Irene can also vividly see the plasters attach to her hands. 

Also bandage wrapped perfectly from her shoulder down to her right armpit. 

Wendy look totally a mess. What happened? 

"Wendy, what happened?" 

But the latter didn't say anything. Which Irene is sure something bad happened. 

Seulgi on the other hand with a concern look on her face, looking at both girls alternately. 

This whole silent treatment giving shiver through her spine. Clearly Irene doesn't want to hear anything violent had occured last night. 

Or possibly Seulgi saw her secret. 

She don't know exactly what. But she really hope it wasn't anything about her. 

"Can we talk?" 

There is a serious tone hiding behind those three words. Scared, intimidating, say it. That's what Irene feel right now. 

Like a kid being caught ruining her sister bedroom or was caught sneaking into her sister wardrobe and then scare her.

Irene feel like Seulgi wanted to talk something serious.

A slight memory came through her mind like a flash. From the event yesterday.

A memory of her and two of her best friend collided into a argument. 

Jennie was sure they need to tell the police about this. While Jisoo was sure the time they tell the police about this all the three of them will be accuse for murder. 

But Irene doesn't have any argument about it. 

They had plan before this. If anything gets out of their hand or this case is too possible for them to reach out, they would tell Seulgi everything. 

As scared as she was, she knew, telling Seulgi is the only last option the three of them had. 

It took several minutes to calm Jennie down until they finally have one voice. 

That's why she called Seulgi and told her that they need to talk.

Yes. Irene is responsible to talk about this to Seulgi. 

And now, with Wendy clearly mess up and something really bad had happened to her, Irene is sure all of this are related to the case she currently working on anonysmously. Since she being suspended for three days. 

Seulgi lead Irene towards the balcony and Irene follow right behind her.

Watching the broad shoulder that always look charming infront of Irene's eyes. 

Slightly, she can read the monolid girl seems to be a little bit disappointed. By the way she hang her head down and a deep sigh being exhale the moment both of them in the balcony. 

Irene clence her jaw. Really scared of what Seulgi will say.

Meanwhile, Seulgi trying to calm herself for not being dominated by her raging anger inside her. 

Wendy just told her about the accident which occured three days ago. Right at the same time Seulgi was in a car chase. 

She was kidnapped. Tortured along the way until she managed to escape. How? 

Shortly, Wendy was going home after practice when somebody grabbed her from behind and had kept with a fabric which already drug. She fell unconcious and moments later, she woke up in a shattered building. 

Hands and legs were cuffed. She can't move. During those two days of horror, Wendy was being tortured. Say the guy want to get revenge on Seulgi and that he had plan something for her. 

The plan was to kill Wendy and bring the dead body to Seulgi. Make it look like Seulgi killed her. 

But Wendy managed to escape after one of the guy are too stupid to do his job. Wendy got out from the shattered building with her own blood covering her face.

Feeling a bit weak, she managed to stoled a car and drove here to Seulgi's house. 

Yes she managed to escape but hence who knows what will happen next. Good thing she's here. Seulgi can protect her. 

Knowing someone already touched her friend and tried to kill her friend, Seulgi was furious once she heard about this. 

But also she was disappointed.

Last night, she called Sunmi for help. To treated Wendy's wound and apparently at the same time Irene collapse after Seulgi tried to bring her back from her PTSD. 

Yes. Sunmi told her that Irene suffered with PTSD. Judging by the way she reacted to Wendy and the way Seulgi describe, Irene was screaming her name. Talking nonesence topic about don't kill Seulgi. 

Of course at that moment, Seulgi knew Irene suffer with PTSD because of what happened last year.

It explain the sleeping pills. Sunmi told her that sleeping pills help most patient who suffer with PTSD. Making her fell asleep without being triggered by their nightmares.

Knowing that Seulgi have two difference things to handle, sure she feel pressure. But no. She's not giving up. Not now. 

Right now, what she want is to hear it from Irene herself.

About the pills and her PTSD. 

"Y-you want to talk?" ask Irene. 

Feeling heavy to breathe, Seulgi exhale and turn herself around. Facing Irene with her hazy and sad eyes staring at her girlfriend. 

No. She can't throw her anger at the bunny infront of her. She just...sad, disappointed. As a girlfriend she fail to take care of Irene. 

She slip out the bottle from her pocket and show it to Irene.

The look on Irene's face tell her everything.

Her eyes wide open with surprise, mouth open and close, trying to find word to explain it. 

"Irene"

"I-I c-can e-explain"

"I'm not mad. You can be honest with me" said Seulgi. 

Irene scared to even look into Seulgi's eyes. 

That she has her head hanging down all the time. 

The guilt raging inside her and the sadness of keeping certain secret from her girlfriend and was caught right handed by her girlfriend...it's nothing to be ashame of.

But what Irene feeling right now is beyond something she can describe. 

The feeling of betraying Seulgi's trust.

In the midst of thinking about her fault, she can feel hand touching her chin, tilting it and made eye contact. 

Irene can see the way Seulgi looking at her with disappointed look on her eyes, but still manage to look at her lovingly.

Telling her that everything is okay and this is something that they should talk during breakfast or dinner.

That Irene shouldn't had kept it all by herself. She should told Seulgi everything

And the way Seulgi look at her just make her feel more guilty and sorry.

At the end, Irene can't hold her tears anymore.

Slowly, tears running out from the corner of her eyes, sobbing through the air. 

"I-I'm sorry, Seul. I-I do-don't want you to worry"

"I'm your girlfriend. I should be worry about you all the time" 

"I-I don't want you to be. T-the wa-way you look at the world, yo-you look so happy. Like fi-finally you have your freedom back"

"And you don't want your PTSD to ruin that" said Seulgi completing her sentence and Irene nodded slightly. 

Feeling hands cupped both her cheeks, Irene feel the warmth she had been craving for. 

The feeling of being protect and safe inside those hands.

Seulgi caress Irene's cheek with her thumbs. Giving her the comfort.

"You are never a burden to me. I'm your girlfriend and I will do anything to make you happy. I trust you and you trust me. Communication should be the key iin a relationship. And maybe for the past few days we haven't really...talk" said Seulgi. 

Irene agree though.

"Thank you for telling me this. I will make sure you get the best treatment for this" 

"Thank you, Seul. For understanding" 

Seulgi nodded before she pull Irene into a hug and patted her girlfriend back. 

"Maybe for a start, I would like to talk to you about something" said Seulgi which catches Irene attention.

She pull herself away, looking at Seulgi's eyes. Trying to find something hiding behind those eyes. 

And Irene think that Seulgi had already know something.

That she think it best if she tell Seulgi first.

"Can I go first? I-I have something to say" said Irene. 

~~~

"Why you just told me about this?"

"I don't want you to worried really. But things got out of our control" 

Seulgi sigh.

After hearing what Irene just said, Seulgi is sure something about last year hasn't find its end yet.

But what now?

Seriously.

"Did you call the police regarding the dead body?" Irene shake her head. 

"The court house know about Baekhyun-sshi. They know he went missing but they haven't done anything about it"

"Great. Let me handle this" said Seulgi.

Then she turn her head to Wendy who are sitting on the couch, listening to the couple talking in the kitchen, sitting on the bar chairs. 

"For the mean time, you're staying here. I will tell your team about your condition. Might as well come along later for prove. When is Sooyoung coming back?"

"In two weeks maybe?" 

"That'll work" 

Irene knows, Seulgi have something in her mind.

She want to know about it too. After all this, all they need to do is trusting each other. That's what had been missing in their relationship.

Seems like Seulgi notice Irene behavior. 

"I will try to talk to Krystal and see what she can do about it" 

"What are you planning, Seul?" ask Wendy.

"Prentending that this Baekhyun guy went missing. Going somewhere even his family doesn't no where. Get rid of the dead body. Krystal know how" 

"Geez, what that girl has been doing for the past one year?" 

Seulgi pursed her lips and shake her head.

"You don't want to know" 

As much as Irene want to know further about what Krystal had been doing for the past one year, she is sure nothing will come good if she ask more. 

So she decided to shut .

While looking at Seulgi who have her smile on her face. Reassuring that everything will be alright. 

Her girlfriend hold her hand for the last time before heading towards the balcony.

Calling Krystal for some help.

While Wendy and Irene was left in the living room, both of them look at each other.

Wendy been through a lot. Last year she got involve too. Was being drugged as well. 

And this year she being tortured and almost get kill.

Good thing she save and managed to escape. 

"I'm glad you're safe, Wendy-ah" 

"Me too. If it wasn't because of the event last year, I may not be able to get out" Irene smile.

"Look at both of use. Experienced the same thing but effect difference things on us" 

Wendy nodded and pull Irene for a hug as both of them comforted each other.

~~~

Taking deep breathe as she listen to the beep in her phone. Waiting for the person to take the phone. 

Hand touching the railing in the balcony. Patiently waiting.

Everything she heard just now, truthfully was giving her quiet a headache.

She thought that finally after a year she will start something new. 

That finally she have no one to look back.

Doesn't need to worried about her back being chase by someone who might want to kill her.

But it seems that the world won't stop until she really dies.

No. She can't die.

Not until she find her happy ending with Bae Joohyun.

Her forever love. 

And she will do anything to prevent bad things happen in her life and Jooohyun's life. 

"Hello?"

"Krystal"

"Seul, what's up? I don't have any updates for the moment"

"Yes, I know. I need your help with something"

"What? What happened?"

"It appears that someone tried to kill Wendy and at the same time, someone trying to hurt Irene. But good thing she is safe for now"

"And you think eveyrhting is connected?" 

"Yes. I need you to clean up a mess. I'll text you the address and maybe you should drop by my apartment after that. We need to discuss things" 

"Okay. I will"

"Thanks, Krys. You've been really helpful"

"That's what friends do, Seul. Don't worry" 

"Okay. thanks"

And Seulgi ended the call. 

She thought the burden she had been carrying almost all years has finally lifted after awhile. 

It was gone for a year and then cameback with bigger problem.

Almost had her best friend killed because of her.

This is not good at all.

She need to end this once and for all.

What she missed from last year event?

Who want revenge on her when obviously Chang Wook's men had gone.

Vice versa with Kim Woo Bin. 

Then what? 

In the middle of her being busy with her inner thought, hands touching her shoulder softly.

Caressing them, giving them little massage as she know her shoulder probably tense up.

Yes. All she need right now is a comfort from her girlfriend. 

"You okay?" 

"It's been handle and probably Krystal will come by later. I need to discuss something with her" 

"While waiting, do you want to cuddle?" 

It make Seulgi smile as she turn around, facing her girlfriend with her lovely smile. 

Yes. 

All she need right now is cuddling with her girlfriend. 

And maybe more.

Depends on the situation. 

For now, maybe both of them need to relax and talk in bed.

After all, Wendy is taking some rest in the guest room, so...maybe they can be a little naughty until Krstal come later. 

. Control your , Seul. Irene need you to focus. Not to day dreaming about how good she will be in bed later.

 

Okay. So who is up for Irene and Seulgi fluff next chapter? Me! How was the story so far, guys? Do you guys enjoy it? Do you guys like it? Comments down below and leave upvote! Bye!