Secrets

Knocked Out

Filling up the small and dark room with the sun light rays through the curtain, waking up the monolid girl who were sleeping. Her eyelid heavily open themself. Pushing them to open only to see empty space beside her.

Looking around the bedroom, confuse to find the empty space beside her. It's still 6.30 in the morning and the bunny had already awake? Usually she will wake up around 7.30 and sometimes Seulgi still sleeping.

But since the morning sun bothers her and she had enough sleep last night, she woke up much earlier than usual. It surprise her to see Irene already awake this early. 

So she decided to get up from the bed, put her clothes on, and went to the kitchen only to find the bunny sitting on the couch in the living room. Spacing out. 

Seulgi took that chance to surprise the bunny from behind and it did surprise the bunny. 

Even though she's a bunny, her screams have the same amount Hz as dolphin have. 

"Ya! You scared me!" said Irene. 

"Sorry" 

"You never learn, don't you" 

Seulgi shrugged with her cute smile as she sit down next to Irene. Giving her a peck of good morning kiss.

"What are you thinking anyway?"

"Huh?" said Irene raising one of her eyebrow.

"You were spacing out just now" 

"Ah. Nothing. Probably because I just woke up, so..." 

Seulgi nodded. 

"Come on. Let's prepare breakfast" said Irene. 

"Great! It's been awhile since the last time we cooked breakfast together!"

"Yes because you always wake up late"

"Hyun!" said Seulgi pouting.

"Don't pout! It doesn't suits you at all"

~~~

"Want me to drive you to the office? My practice won't start until 11" said Seulgi in the middle of eating.

"I would love that"

Both of them prepare a kimchi fried rice which always been good when they cooked it together. 

What happened last night after shower was kept between them only. Of course you guys knows what happened after that. I just leave it to your imagination.

But what they don't, the was more like rough and eager. 

Some pain they want to let go by feeling each other touches, kisses, and presence. It was rough. Seulgi can vividly see the red marks Irene gave to her last night. Some on her neck, some on her shoulders.

Can't help but to smile proudly with those marks Irene gave to her. Meaning she only belongs to her and always her.

And none of them wanted to talk about what happened yesterday. They just...wanted to keep to themself. 

While they are enjoying their breakfast, suddenly Irene receive a call from Jennie. 

"Sorry, it's Jennie" said Irene as she excuse herself to the apartment balcony.

Seulgi nodded.

And which she thought Irene was having something about her work, it wasn't anything about work at all.

Something more that determine their future life. Seulgi and Irene's future. 

While waiting for Irene, Seulgi thought she should give a call to one of her closest friend about what happened yesterday on the road. 

A close friend who used to help her back then. 

She type few numbers on her phone and put the phone on her ear. 

Hearing the call beeping several times until someone answer it.

"Long time no see, Seulgi"

"Yes. Long time indeed"

"So, what can I help you?" 

"So straight to the point detective Jung" 

"I know you won't call me if nothing bad occured to you" Seulgi smirk.

"Let's meet up. Need to talk face to face"

"Sure. Tell me the address"

"Okay"

The call end there. Just the perfect timing, Irene had finished the call too.

"Who were you calling?" ask Irene.

"Oh, Chung Ah called. Saying about this afternoon practice"

"New project?"

"Yeah. Can't wait to see what the concept will be later"

"Always excited for new adventure"

"Just like you who always excited for new case" said Seulgi leaning her body forward to kiss Irene's forehead. 

After eating breakfast, they get themself ready for work. 

Irene wearing her casual pink blouse with white blazer and white loose pants. Perfectly fit with her porceline skins. 

Meanwhile, since Seulgi work in less formal environment, she wear her grey sweat long sleeve t-shirt with her black jogger. 

Once they are ready, Seulgi close the apartment door and went to her car. 

Hoping that Irene didn't realize her back bumper which were hit yesterday by unknown vehicle. 

She doesn't want Irene to worry. But since the porceline skin girl is so sensitive with her surrounding, they girl can't help but to notice the broken back bumper of the expensive car. 

"Seulgi, what happened with your car?" 

"Um...someone hit my car yesterday. It's okay. Nothing to worried about. They told me they will fix it. I have insurance for it too anyways" said Seulgi trying to hide her lies. 

"Thank God you're okay" said Irene and Seulgi shrugged as she open the door to the passenger seat for Irene.

Then they drive away to Irene's office.

~~~

"How about we grab dinner in a restaurant later?" 

"Suddenly?" ask Irene surprise with the sudden offered from Seulgi.

Meanwhile the bear just smile happily and waited for the bunny to answer. 

Currently they are on their way to Irene's office which is not far away. They were hearing some musics in the car when suddenly Seulgi asked her this question. 

Well, as for Irene she is use with this Seulgi. The mysterious and will always never fail her with her surprise. 

After all they haven't been eating out since one month ago since Seulgi was busy with her work and Irene was having her paperwork after finishing her case. 

So maybe it was not a bad idea at all. 

"Sure. Maybe around 7?"

"Okay. I'll book a reservation" Irene smile.

Soon the BMW 323i sport stop right infront of Irene's law firm.

They kiss shortly before Irene went out from the car and Seulgi leave the place with her sports car. 

Irene walk to her law firm.

Just a typical morning, she greet Yeji, her secretary who stand up from her seat imidietly the moment Irene walk in to the office. 

"Good morning, Miss Bae"

"Morning, Yeji"

"Miss Jennie and Miss Jisoo are waiting for you inside"

"Ah right"

And when she was about to go inside, she stop the moment Yeji say,

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday, Miss Bae" 

"It's none of your fault, Yeji. You're just doing your job and I completely understand that. No one here blames you" said Irene.

She walk in to her office, seeing her two best friend sitting on the couch side by side.

Looking a bit disappointed with the case file infront of them.

Sure Irene knows something didn't go as they plan. 

But she decided not to open the conversation since she can see the frustration on their best friend face.

"We can't find anything and you know what worse? We're being suspended" said Jennie with her annoyed face.

"What?" 

Okay. This is way worse than Irene had thought. 

"We were doing research about Solar's background but then Seungri suspend us for digging into a case file that supposed to be handed to the trial lawyers" said Jisoo. 

"That case was obviously on my desk. Shouldn't it be my case then?" said Irene.

"Yes that's true. But base on our knowledge and we weren't graduated with legal license for being a trial lawyers. So basically we aren't competent with defending this client in court" Jisoo added. 

"So...we're suspended? For how long?"

"Three days"

"Well that's not too long"

Sure three days not so long for a punishment. 

And sure her friends is not that stupid to let that case off just like that. 

Maybe all this time it wasn't about the case.

Maybe it's about the person behind it.

The person who sent it or the person who intentionally wants to hurt Irene.

Maybe someone who was involved with Seulgi last year?

Someone who wants revenge? Who knows?

But Irene is sure that Jennie and Jisoo found something last night. 

And that is exactly what they are going to talk about. Somewhere else out from this office and it will be Jennie's house. The safetest place among all. 

 

"So I found this. It appears that Solar had nothing related to you or Seulgi" Jennie explain.

"But this guy. I checked the CCTV yesterday and here I give you our culprit. Name Park Chanyeol" Jisoo added.

Giving the picture of CCTV they took. The guy is quiet tall and for the record, Irene have no memory about this guy.

She never saw him and she is sure she wans't involve in the accident which occured last year. 

Then how is he related to them?

Again, Jisoo pull out another paper of his background. It gave Irene clear information about this Park Chanyeol guy. 

Jisoo circle the information which cathes Irene and Jennie's attention. 

From the paper, it says Chanyeol was charges on a house roberry. Then a year later he was involve in a gun fight. He was supposed to be in jail for two years but was bailed out only two month later.

Guess who bailed him out. 

"Kim Woo Bin" said Irene.

"What the hell he wants now?" 

"We don't know exactly. Also I tried to find Park Chanyeol from his address but it appears all of it are fake" said Jennie. 

Irene sigh.

"So clearly, the case file that were sent to your office was a warning" said Jisoo. 

"But since he also related to Seulgi, we don't know for sure if the warning is for you or for Seulgi. For the mean time I suspect it for Seulgi" said Jennie. 

Well, Irene is beyond worried for sure. 

She thought everything that happened last year had stopped. That she could finally breathe properly. She doesn't have to worry about seeing Seulgi covering blood again. 

But with this information she received, it only mean one thing. Another war. Possibly with blood included. 

No.

She can't bear any second seeing Seulgi covering in blood.

She can't witness it again.

What happened last year sure is enough for her. 

Irene take a moment for her to breathe. To calm herself after receiving all this information. 

She should take action for this. 

She need to prevent bad things happen to Seulgi. 

She need to protect her because she promise her girlfriend she will be the one who protect her this time. 

And she will fulfill that promise. 

But as a legal attorney, she can't do anything out of the law. Sure she will get her license taken if she ever do anything out from legal. 

Well, does her license matter? When her girlfriend life is in danger here?

"Irene. I know what you're thinking. Seulgi's life is not the only thing in danger, okay? They obviously know you are related to her and your life is as much important as hers" said Jennie obviously know what Irene is thinking. 

"I will do anything for Seulgi, Jen"

"I know. That's why me and Jisoo have a plan" 

Irene tilted her head. A bit confuse to have her friends have a plan. Well Irene was sure that jennie and Jisoo won't help her with this. 

They know every possibility and danger that will come for them if they involve in this. 

Not to mention also losing their license as lawyers.

"You guys have a plan?" ask Irene.

"Yes. I think it's better if we work this out rather than running away from it" said Jennie biting her lips feeling still a bit unsure about this.

Yesterday Jisoo asure her that Irene need their help on this.

And Jennie knew it better than anyone else that Irene won't step down from this once she know about this.

She won't let anyone hurt Seulgi.

And the only way to do that is to help Irene.

"Jen we talked about" said Jisoo.

"Guys. You don't have to-"

"No. Irene. You been through a lot and now it's our turn to help you out with this. You need our help" 

"But the consequences-"

"Screw it. We want to help you" said Jisoo cutting Irene off.

Seeing how determinate Jisoo on helping her really make Irene happy.

Despite feeling a bit anxious because she need to go through her bad memories about last year, probably will dealing with lot of blood and fight, she's happy that right now she won't be alone to face it.

She have her friends.

To protect Seulgi. 

She mouthed thank you to Jisoo before facing Jennie who still looking unsure of this plan. 

But with Jisoo encouraging her by squeezing her hand, Jennie sigh. 

If this is the only way to help Irene and to make sure she is safe from any danger out there, okay. She will do it.

She have Jisoo.

"Okay" said Jennie.

~~~

Sipping through the paper straw, Seulgi drank her coffee which she ordered ealier.

She sitting in the corner of the cafe, looking out to the window glass.

Seeing the beautiful sky above her.

Her lips form a smile seeing the crowded road.

She just finished her practice and had taken a quick shower before coming to the cafe which is not far from her agency.

While waiting for her guess, she take her time looking out of the window. 

She wasn't enjoying the view actually. More like watching the road if there is anything she should be suspicious of. 

Just right in time, the girl she's been waiting for is here.

Looking all so strong with her black leather jacket and white t-shirt beneath it. A pair of jean with brown boots.

She look much more powerfull than the last time they saw each other and it was last year. 

Seulgi stand up from her seat and hug the girl. 

"You look amazing, Krys" said Seulgi.

"Same to you too, Seul" 

"How are you?"

"Great. After dropping out from the police station, I've been better" Seulgi chuckles.

She know exactly what Krystal is doing for the past one year with her girlfriend. 

Hunting down bad guys to find the perfect justice. 

Sure it fit perfectly to the couple. 

Talking about her girlfriend, where is she?

"Where is Amber?"

"Oh. She's doing overwatch somewhere here in the neighborhood. You know for the past one year we have create lots of enemies so, she's making sure the neighborhood is safe for us"

Seulgi nodded completely understand the situation. 

"So what do you got for me?" 

Seulgi lean her body forward, not wanting anyone to hear their conversation. 

"Someone trying to kill me yesterday"

Krystal tilted her head. 

"You sure about that?" 

"I was in a car chase yesterday. The car hit my back bumper and I need to fix it. Good thing I got it insurance" 

Krystal nodded slightly before leaning her body backward with her arms folded on her chest. 

"Do you have any idea who wants to kill you?" Seulgi nodded.

"That's why I ask for your help. You got the perfect source to find out about this" 

Sure she won't call Krystal for nothing. 

Seulgi know what the girl is capable of. After Krystal resign herself from the police department, she join her girlfriend on finding justice without legal agency.

They been capturing bad guys everywhere and those bad guys ended up behind jail.

How?

Well the police were always one step behind them on everything, so...

Doing that kind of task surely need a strong team work and Seulgi pretty sure Krystal got herself a friend who can help her out on this.

"You came to the right person, Seul. Just tell me where you were yesterday when the car chasing you" said Krystal taking out a paper and a pen. 

Seulgi wrote the street address and gave it to Krystal. Once Krystal took the paper she nodded.

"Did Irene know about this?" 

"She can never know about this" said Seulgi seriously and Krystal nodded. 

Enough playing client and agent. What they need right now is a conversation between friend and friend.

That's exactly what they are doing for the past one hour before Seulgi excuse herself because she have a date waiting for her. 

 

Let me hear what scene you guys want next about their dates. Comment down below!