Chapter Twelve

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

During break time, Jessica pushed the library door slowly and peeked in. At first, Donghae would prevent her from going to the library, because he didn't like it when she would go there, but after begging him several ways, Jessica was allowed to visit the library. Jessica has always been able to melt Donghae's heart, especially when she says she will contact him if anything happens.

While watching the students, Jessica stepped foot into the library, but it seems like she couldn't find Yoona's whereabouts. Yoona was nowhere to be seen, once Jessica came in the library she would always disappear. Once Jessica spent the whole break time looking for Yoona in between the bookshelves. Today, the library seemed to be very peaceful, with two people calmly reading their books.

No one was aware of Jessica busily looking left and right for Yoona. Jessica quietly stepped in the fiction book section and peered into the left and right hallway. The library's interior looks like a maze, Yoona explained that most of the bookshelves were donated by wealthy benefactors. While watching some students having fun, Jessica suddenly caught a glimpse of Yoona walking out from the history section.

Jessica sneaked up behind her, and followed her. Yoona stopped near the astronomy section and was busy observing the books, pulling one of them and then calmly sat on the floor. Jessica gave a faint smile, she watched Yoona read the book. The incoming sunlight broke in through the trees and window, making the sight even prettier.

After a while, Yoona stretched her sore neck, and suddenly noticed the presence of a long haired, pale skinned girl standing there like a statue. They looked at each other in silence, Yoona narrowed her eyes, trying to identify who the person is. Jessica panicked, because she didn't want Yoona to run away from her. However, when Yoona realized that it was Jessica, her expression changed, she felt relieved.

"What are you doing here? You scared me!" she said, trying to calm her racing heart. Jessica approached Yoona. "What are you reading?" she asked. "A space encyclopedia," Yoona answered, showing her the cover of the book. "Why are you here, doesn't your prince hate me?" she asked. Jessica didn't say anything, she just sat next to Yoona, ignoring Yoona's confused looks. Jessica picked up the book again.

"What is the book about?" she asked, making Yoona sigh, she was annoyed because she thought she told her that already. "It's about space and its contents, I am reading about the big bang right now, you know the big bang theory, right?" she asked. Jessica was silent for a long time, she just blinked her eyes repeatedly, she had no idea what Yoona meant. Yoona, who had been watching Jessica just chuckled remembering the results of her physics test.

"What have you been doing in school the whole time?" Yoona said in a mocking tone. "I've been studying, but I can't remember all of it," Jessica said calmly. Yoona's eyebrows raised. "Why?" she asked. "Since I was a child, I wasn't allowed to think too much, especially hard things, but I try to study as much as I can," she said. Yoona was in disbelief with Jessica's words. The girl can't walk, she can't study, she can't even plant. How spoiled could Jessica possibly be?

 "But you can remember what the teacher says, right?" she asked Jessica and she nodded. "If you can't think too much, you should write it down so you will remember," Yoona said, thinking of Taeyeon's words. Jessica didn't respond, she was busy staring at the encyclopedia in Yoona's hands. "I really like stars," Jessica said with sparkling eyes. 

"I love them so much that

Please log in to read the full chapter