Chapter Thirteen

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Since Jessica likes to go to the library, Donghae feels like he's out of work. Donghae has been spending his time outside of the library, playing on his iPad or playing with Yeontan, the school dog. It was hard for him to stay close to Jessica and avoid the flirtatious girls. Right now, Donghae is sitting sluggishly outside the library. Yeontan wasn't there, he was taken to the animal clinic to get vaccinations. Donghae sighed, he was bored.

To be honest, Donghae didn't want Jessica to be near Yoona. He was worried that Jessica might herself, like when she decided to go home with Yoona. Donghae always tried to prevent Jessica from going, but Jessica was way too stubborn to do so. Donghae didn't try to stop her, because if Jessica doesn't get what she wants, she will get very ill.

Tired of his own thoughts, Donghae chose to go to the canteen to buy drinks, but the canteen was crowded with students. To avoid the crowd, Donghae decided to go visit Jiyong, and he saw a full bread basket. He immediately thought of Irene, the simple girl who he wanted to know more about. "Jiyong, where is Irene?" Donghae asked, looking at Jiyong who was busy writing in a book.

He smiled and looked at Donghae and smiled. "She's busy training," Jiyong said. "Training for what?" he asked with a frown on his face. "She's shooting arrows," Jiyong said. Donghae was still frowning. "Shooting arrows?" he asked. "You can see it for yourself, she's practicing on the softball field," said Jiyong, who was serious about calculating and writing something in his journal.

Donghae was silent for a moment, he became very curious about Jiyong's statement. He decided to go buy a bottle of mineral water and then go to the softball field. He had never gone to the softball field in his three years of going to KIS. The softball field is located in the back, near the field park. When he got there, the first thing Donghae saw was several boys playing softball.

Then, a few moments later, out of the corner of his eye, Donghae caught the figure he was looking for. Irene looked very athletic by wearing a sports shirt and tight training pants. She stood majestically in the middle of the field, focusing on the target that was ten meters in front of her. Focused, Irene took an arrow, and adjusted the bow. She pulled the bow back, and released the arrow

. The arrow immediately shot towards the bearing, making Donghae stand there in shock. Donghae seemed to be watching a scene in an action film. He was shocked with the precision of Irene's shot. Irene lowered her bow and struck the outer yellow circle with satisfaction. She is happy with her nine points, but she knows that if she practices a little bit more, she could eventually hit the bull's eye.

Before she could release the arrow, Irene noticed the presence of Donghae who was standing frozen a couple of meters away. "Donghae?" Irene called out making Donghae surprised. "What are you doing here?" she asked him. Donghae immediately changed his bitter expression and tried to calm himself down."Nothing, I just wanted to visit the softball field, and then I accidentally found you," Donghae said.

Irene nodded and walked over to Donghae while carrying her equipment strapped to her body. "Are you training?" Donghae

Please log in to read the full chapter