Chapter Twenty Five

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica and Donghae were in the medical office and Jessica was busy staring at her bandaged hands. She cursed herself for doing something stupid, it was a good thing that Donghae had come to save her. She felt extremely guilty when she had to refuse letting Yoona wipe the blood off of her hand, because she didn't want her to be worried. "Jessica, I'll go get the bag, wait here," said Donghae.

Donghae's voice brought her out of her reverie, they had to go to the hospital to check the wound. However, Jessica didn't want to go home, she wanted to go see Yoona and tell her the truth. "Donghae, it's better if I go back to class," she said, making Donghae look at her doubtfully. Jessica didn't care about Donghae's look, she just stood up and walked away.

Donghae sighed, and decided to follow her, he remembered the look of horror Jessica had when she hurt herself in front of Yoona. Donghae realized that Jessica didn't want Yoona to help her, and he didn't know why. However, Jessica's behavior will bring up several consequences. Donghae knew that Yoona was restraining her anger with her hand squeezing a handkerchief and her reddening eyes.

Therefore, he decided to not prevent Jessica's requests to leave the library. While Donghae was thinking about Yoona, the said girl appeared from the opposite direction. Her steps stopped, she looked surprised, but her expression turned sour when she saw Donghae. However, Jessica tried to smile at Yoona and she raised her bandaged hand. "My hand is okay now," she said. "Really? That's great," Yoona said coldly.

Knowing the tension between the two girls, Donghae intended to leave and remain close enough to the two lovers in case something bad happened. "Yoona, Jessica, I'm going to class first okay?" he asked and Jessica nodded. Yoona's eyes watched Donghae's back disappear down the corridor and looked at Jessica. She noticed that the girl seemed very uneasy and they could feel the awkward atmosphere.

"Yoongie, the...," Jessica was about to continue, but Yoona cut her off. "Are you satisfied yet?" Yoona said as she interrupted her. "You rich people love to play with the poor like me and Irene right? You don't have anything else to do except act like that?" asked Yoona. "Listen Yoona the truth is...," Jessica was about to tell her the truth but Yoona interrupted her again.

"Listen, you're really beautiful, but you have such a rotten heart," Yoona said before Jessica could finish her sentence. "What?" Jessica mumbled in disbelief at what she just heard. "You are a rich person who likes playing with other people. I should have known that, that way I wouldn't have been caught in your trap," said Yoona, she was furious now. "I...," Jessica said, but she suddenly became speechless.

She felt like she couldn't breathe, she wanted to cry with all of Yoona's accusations. "I'm really stupid because I trusted you," said Yoona as she smiled wryly. She shook her head softly at how foolish she had been. "You're not just spoiled and arrogant, you're also a con artist," Yoona said. Jessica shook her head, she wanted to touch Yoona's hand but she jerked her hand away from her reach. "There's something I want to ask you," said Yoona, making Jessica look at her. 

Please log in to read the full chapter