Chapter Thirty Four

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

That night, Taeyeon paid attention to what was happening in the distance, she was extremely tense. She stood limply in front of her father's room, her mind filled with thoughts about the people who have been operated on by her father. Exhaling heavily, Taeyeon decided to not enter first, she sat in front of her father's room instead.

She felt very sad that she had to love someone, but had to endure the pain that the girl loved someone else. Now she was watching Jessica from a distance. "Taeyeon," someone with a deep voice said, making Taeyeon snap out of her reverie. "Why are you sitting outside?" her father asked, also known as Doctor Kim. Taeyeon slightly shook her head and smiled at her father.

"I just want to sit here," she said. "How was Jessica's operation?" she asked him. "It went well. She was critical but I tried my best and now she's stable. Are you okay?" asked Doctor Kim, he realized that his child looked unusual. "It's okay," he said as he tried to calm her down. Doctor Kim took a seat next to Taeyeon.

"Let's pray for Jessica. You must know that she's a strong child who won't give up," said Doctor Kim.  Suddenly, Taeyeon felt tears sliding down her cheeks and Doctor Kim brought her into his arms. "I know it hurts, but love Jessica in your own way and don't stop," he said. Taeyeon let go of the hug and looked at her father with a frown. "I wish you the best and what you want to do with Jessica," he said.

-

Now Taeyeon stared at a door that read VIP Number Five. Her hand was squeezing the flowers, she held them with nervousness, she didn't know if she wanted to go inside. Finally, Taeyeon decided to enter and saw that Jessica was asleep. It had been two weeks since the accident and even though Jessica's wound had been closed, she hasn't regained consciousness. Taeyeon looked at her watch that read six in the morning. The room was extremely quiet and she felt lucky that no one was there.

This was the second time that she had brought Jessica flowers. Taeyeon slowly put the flowers in the vase to make sure that they won't wilt. She stared at Jessical, she still looked ethereal and decided to lightly tuck Jessica's hair behind her ear. Taeyeon's eyes caught a paper and a marker and she decided to write a note to Jessica and placed it on the nightstand. Then she left without making a sound.

-

Meanwhile at school, all the students and teachers heard the news about Jessica. Many of them felt guilty because they realized that they were wrong about Jessica. Everyone began to understand that Jessica's disease made her appear very spoiled. Donghae's presence also made sense, because they have the same blood type.

He protects her from potentially dangerous tasks, because if she gets injured it's ten times worse than than the average person because the wound won't close. Also, Jessica can't be too tired, because her blood would clot. Sunmi watched as the classroom filled up with students. There were two empty seats that made the class feel extremely uncomfortable for the past couple of weeks. She still remembers how the class was shocked with Jessica's message after that.

Then a month after that, she had an accident and became comatose. There was no person that didn't regret treating Jessica badly. "Ehem," Sunmi said as she lightly cleared with the intention of getting the class's attention. "Soon you guys will have your graduation exam. I'm sure you guys can do well like your friend Jessica said in her message," she

Please log in to read the full chapter