Chapter Seventeen

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona was very scared when she entered the classroom, because Heechul stood there with his hands on his hips, glaring at her. "What time is it?" he asked her in a sharp voice. Yoona glanced at her watch and looked up to meet Heechul's gaze. "There's no need to answer," Heechul snapped when Yoona was about to open .

"Just because you're smart doesn't mean you should be late," Heechul said. "Sorry sir," Yoona murmured, bowing. "Tomorrow if you are late, you might as well not come here at all and you'll automatically get an F," Heechul said, making Yoona nod in resignation. Then, Heechul motioned for her to sit down. Yoona walked to her desk and glanced at Jessica, but the girl seemed unconcerned with her.

Ever since she entered the classroom, Jessica didn't look at her. The physics class lasted long enough for most of the students to feel bored, but Yoona felt that the class was very fast paced. Once the bell rang, the students immediately rushed out of the classroom. Yoona stayed in her seat and looked at Jessica's back, she was standing ready to leave with Donghae, Yoona could tell that Jessica was very upset with her.

Usually Jessica would invite Yoona to go home with her, but now she's ignoring her. Yoona let out a heavy sigh, she had to act before things would get even more complicated. She also took her bag and followed Jessica to the parking lot. Luckily she found her next to Donghae near the tenth grade classrooms. "Jessica, wait!" she yelled while walking to Jessica and Donghae.

Jessica and Donghae looked at her, however, they looked at her differently. Donghae was outright glaring at her with dislike and Jessica was silent, she raised an eyebrow waiting for Yoona to speak. "Umm..., Donghae can you go home first? I want to take Jessica home today," she said."I don't know, why do you want to go home with her?" he asked coldly. "I need to talk to Jessica about something, it's pretty long," she replied.

Donghae was silent for a while, he was contemplating whether Jessica should go with Yoona, and he finally nodded in agreement. "Okay, but be careful with Jessica if you're going on the bus," Donghae said, making Yoona smile. "Thank you," she said. "Okay, Jessica I'm going home. Be careful, if there's anything you need call me," Donghae said while Jessica's head slowly.

Jessica didn't answer, she just smiled thinly. Yoona tried to act normal when she saw Donghae's treatment of Jessica, which she thought was disgusting. Yoona gently pulled Jessica away from Donghae. Jessica didn't resist getting pulled, she didn't say anything. Now they are standing on the school roof, letting the breeze blow their hair.

"Jessica, I'm so sorry for saying those mean things to you," Yoona said breaking the silence. Jessica looked down and shook her head with a small smile. Yoona looked carefully at Jessica, she was very confused. Jessica knew that it wasn't Yoona's fault, it was her's. She knew that she was too weak to take care of herself. She knew that she was spoiled and that she wasn't like other girls.

No matter how hard she tries, she won't be able to change. If that's the reason Yoona can't accept her love, Jessica can't do anything about it and she won't force Yoona to love her. "No, what you said is correct. I am spoiled and I can't do anything by myself. Yes, I only bother you," she said. Even though Jessica tried desperately to not cry, tears ended up falling down her cheeks. She immediately wiped it with the back of her hand.

"This is the third time I am crying," Jessica said while trying to force a smile. "The first time I cried when my lovely black pearl left. The second time was at my mother's funeral. Everyone leaves me, maybe it's fate that I can't love anyone anymore," she said. "But you already have Donghae Jessica, why do you have to like me?" Yoona asked. "Yoona, Donghae and I aren't what you think," Jessica said.

"Then what are you?" Yoona asked, trying to calm down. "You guys are always together, he always forbids you from doing certain things and he decides what's best for you. What is he to you Jessica?" Yoona asked. Jessica looked down again, she didn't know how to explain it to Yoona. Her relationship with Donghae was too complicated, she wouldn't know where to start. "I

Please log in to read the full chapter