Chapter Two

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mr. Jung, Jessica's father descended down the stairs. The man was in his mid forties, but still looked as handsome as ever, even with his graying hair. Mr. Jung is famous for his intelligence and his tenacity, so Donghae admired and respected Mr. Jung a lot. "Donghae, have you eaten your breakfast?" he asked without sounding awkward at all, with a smile on his face. "Not yet, Mr. Jung," Donghae said as he smiled shyly in return.

Donghae's parents were on a trip to Austria, and he didn't want to have breakfast alone on a table that was longer than the ping pong table. Mr. Jung smiled and said, "Well then, let's have breakfast together!" Donghae nodded and took a seat next to Mr. Jung. Donghae always liked being with the Jung family, because his parents rarely gathered together, and he truly loved being with them.

"Oh yeah, how was school today?" Mr. Jung said as he started the conversation while the house servants were preparing sandwiches for them. "Nothing happened to Jessica, right?" he asked. "No Mr. Jung, everything's under control," Donghae replied. Donghae shifted the glass and the servant pours warm milk into the glass. Donghae suddenly remembered the incident that happened. "But Mr. Jung," he said. Mr. Jung stopped eating his bread and stared at Donghae.

"But, what Donghae?" he asked. "Well, there is a girl named Im Yoona, and she's from a family, well she's unable to do it," he said. Mr. Jung nodded slightly at Donghae's report. Donghae was used to reporting everything about Jessica, in fact he had been doing it for a little over ten years. "Oh, well are you classmates?" he asked, and Donghae nodded. "Yeah, and Yoona sits next to her, but I don't think she likes her very much," Donghae said.

Mr. Jung said nothing, he was thinking, because his fork and knife were put on the table, he knew that the school had some underprivileged children. "Chaerin didn't say anything about this," he murmured. Chaerin was the headmistress of KIS, and a good friend of Mr. Jung. When Jessica asked her father if she could go to school, Mr. Jung rejected the idea, but after a while Jessica convinced him to let her go to school.

However, Donghae and Jessica had to go to Korea International School, because he trusts Chaerin to take good care of them, and the school is pretty close to their house. "Good morning," Jessica said as she jerked Mr. Jung and Donghae out of their thoughts. The girl approached them with a bright face and lovingly kissed her father's cheek. She immediately sat in front of Donghae and greeted him good morning.

"Good morning Jess," Donghae replied, smiling because Jessica started the day cheerfully. Apparently the movie she watched last night seemed to have a great effect on her mood. "What were they talking about?" Jessica asked Seokjin, a servant who was spooning porridge into her bowl. Because he never answered, Jessica's eyes narrowed at the two men next to her. "Were you guys talking about me?" she asked.

"Of course, we're talking about the daughter of this handsome man," Mr. Jung says while pointing at himself, making Jessica and Donghae laugh, and Jessica begins eating the porridge eagerly. "Donghae, do we have a sports schedule today?" Jessica asked and Donghae nodded. "Well that means you can bring your iPad again," Donghae said and the corners of Jessica's lips lifted while she recalled an incident that happened a couple of weeks ago.

Her classmates confiscated her iPad, saying that she was playing during sports hours. Meanwhile Donghae smiled for a different reason. He knew that those seniors confiscated Jessica's iPad not because of a prohibition, but because they wanted to get acquainted with her. However their plan backfired when Jessica didn't ask for her iPad back, she just ignored them and bought a new one instead.

Soon, those seniors got really guilty and gave back Jessica's iPad through Donghae. "If there is anything that happens at school, feel free to tell me dear," Mr. Jung begged while watching his daughter eating her porridge. "Daddy, you don't need to worry about me, Donghae will report everything to you," Jessica said to her father. Donghae cringed at Jessica's statement, after which Jessica returned to finish eating all of her porridge.

-

By the third hour, all of the eleventh grade students were outside the classroom, ready to take part in sports lessons. All of them were chatting hap

Please log in to read the full chapter