Chapter Eight

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona sighed, putting her book in her bag. Usually she is able to ignore the obnoxious students, but for some reason, she wasn't able to block out the noise. The students have been busy whispering for over five minutes, and Yoona was sick of it. However, Yoona saw the black shoes next to her desk. She tilted her head and saw Jessica with her arms folded across her chest, like she was upset. 

Yoona looked at her confused, what was wrong with Jessica? Before she could speak, Jessica opened first. "What is wrong with you?" she said, asking what Yoona wanted to say first. "Why are you avoiding me?" Jessica asked. "What?" Yoona replied. "When we were in the library yesterday, you left me there, and then you didn't want to come home with us, why?" she asked with tears about to form.

Many students seemed to be watching them with different expressions. Yoona didn't know how to reply to Jessica's honest statements. Yoona was about to open , although she didn't know what to say. "Well...," Yoona was about to say but Jessica cut her off. "You should be happy going in a luxury car, why did you reject it?" Jessica asked. "Jess...," Donghae was about to say, but it was useless, Yoona already heard it. 

At the same time she was amazed with Jessica's nature. Sometimes she could make her feelings soar up in the sky, and other times she could easily make her blood boil. Yoona glared at Jessica until her eyes felt sore. Yoona should be the one upset, not Jessica! With Yoona's jaw hardening, Jessica stared at her. "You really are...," she muttered. If Jessica wasn't against violence, she wouldn't have hesitated to hit those beautiful lips.

Jessica's hand, which was still in the air, came down and her gaze on Yoona softened. "I just want to go home with you, is that wrong?" she asked, making everybody gape, especially Yoona and Donghae. Yoona immediately looked at Donghae for an explanation, but the boy was just as confused. Suddenly Sunmi came into the room and was shocked to see no one in their seats, staring at a certain place or person.

Sunmi was totally aware who the center of attention was. "Alright, what's going on?" Sunmi asked as the crowd dispersed. Jessica didn't care, she still stared at Yoona who didn't give her an answer that satisfied her. Yoona herself, felt very troubled, what should she say? Finding Jessica still standing, Sunmi decided to ask what's wrong with the girl. "Jessica, what's wrong?" she asked while stepping towards Yoona and Jessica.

Seeing the teacher approaching, Yoona glanced at Jessica who still insisted on pursing her lips. "Yeah yeah," Yoona murmured in the end, she was too lazy to explain the trivial matter to Sunmi. Jessica's eyes narrowed immediately. "What do you mean, yeah?"Jessica asked. Yoona looked back at the girl beside her, and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Yes, I'll go home with you," she said. Jessica's face brightened immediately when she heard Yoona's answer. By the time Sunmi arrived next to them, Jessica was already in her seat smiling. Sunmi was surprised by Jessica's actions and glanced over at Yoona who put on a gloomy and unamused face. Not wanting to question further, Sunmi went back to the front of the class and began the lesson.

-

That day, when the lesson was ove

Please log in to read the full chapter