Chapter Twenty Seven

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona slowly closed the door of Heechul's room. Besides being a teacher, Heechul is also the head of student affairs. "Sit down," Heechul said as he invited Yoona to sit on the chair in front of him. "So Yoona," Heechul said, he didn't know where to start. Yoona was listening to Heechul intently, there was nobody else except for Heechul and herself. Heechul's secretary was busy buying food, and Yoona was relieved to hear that.

"Lately, all of your grades have gone downhill. The problem is that it isn't just ten points, you've been going down by over fifty points," Heechul said as he handed her a piece of paper. "See, not just mathematics. It's mathematics, chemistry, even language!" he exclaimed. "What happened to you?" he asked her. Yoona gulped while reading all of the values on the paper. For other students, it was normal. However, Yoona wasn't part of that group.

She didn't have relatives to pay for her education, if she can't keep her grades up it's the end of her dream. "Umm..., I'm fine sir," said Yoona. Heechul's eyes narrowed for a moment and leaned forward. "Is this because of a certain Jessica Jung?" Heechul asked. Yoona's eyes widened, Heechul's hunch was right. Yoona was only able to open and close , she couldn't say anything.

"I know you have a special relationship with Jessica and that it's more than a friend isn't it?" Heechul asked, smiling thinly. Yoona looked very tense and averted her eyes nervously. "Calm down, I'm not going to judge you. By the way, you and Jessica aren't the only same couple here," Heechul said, making Yoona look at him in disbelief.

"The problem is that because you are dating, you can't keep your grades up and they end up like this," said Heechul. Yoona looked at him with disbelief for a second, and then understood everything. Heechul was right, ever since she got close to Jessica, her grades have gone down. On the other hand, Yoona still couldn't believe it. "Sir, Jessica and I are no longer dating. I can work hard and improve my grades again," she finally said.

For a few moments, Heechul looked at Yoona with sympathy. He sighed before talking again. "Yoona, well I have something to say to you. This was supposed to be the vice principal's job, but I have to tell you this as your teacher," Heechul said. Yoona's eyes immediately widened. "What's wrong sir?" Yoona asked. Heechul sighed as he adjusted his glasses.

"It's a matter of the donors. We have decided to terminate your scholarship," said Heechul. Yoona's blood ran cold when she heard the statement. "W-What?" she asked. "Remember the terms on the contract? Your scholarship will be revoked when your grades drop down to a certain amount. Do you still remember that?" Heechul asked. Yoona tried to remember the contents of the scholarship agreement, but it was pointless.

Her brain has stopped working. "Now Yeri will get the scholarship, because her grades are still stable. When her grades go down then her scholarship will be revoked," said Heechul. Heechul clearly mentioned Taeyeon's friends who also come from poor families. Yeri and Yoona were the only students that got a full scholarship. "I'm sorry Yoona," Heechul said as he bowed his head down.

Yoona still couldn't think, she was shocked with what she just heard. "Mr. Heechul, I can fix it! Please give me another chance and it will never happen again!" Yoona said. Heechul felt sympathetic, but it wasn't his will, he was only the messenger. "Sorry Yoona, but you know the agreement," Heechul said. Yoona knew that this was inevitable. A year ago, she signed the agreement for her scholarship, she knew the contents of the contract.

She was super confident in her ability to score as high as she could. However, she scored awfully in eight subjects. She killed her own hopes. "But you can still get college scholarships. I heard that you wanted to attend KNUE, is that right?" Heechul asked and Yoona could only nod. "You can focus on that. There are a lot of scholarships available," Heechul said, he was trying to cheer Yoona up.

Yoona was worried about college scholarships. KNUE is one of the most prestigious universities and it's extremely competitive. She would have to take an entrance exam and has to compete with thousands of people. If she can't even keep her scholarship in high school, how can she get one in college? She can't imagine how hard it would be for herself. Yoona scoffed, she had no other choice.

No matter how hard she tries to get higher grades than Yeri, she knows that the scholarship won't return to her. Her future was planned out for her and she was so close to achieving her goals, but they all disappeared because of her own mistakes. "Yoona, you have to be tough and don't forget to pray. Things will work out if you pray, you can achieve your goals," Heechul said.

Yoona nodded while gripping the tip of her blazer. From now on, she will do what her teacher tells her to do. She will only concentrate on her goals and her future and she won't let anything stop her. "You can do it Yoona!" Heechul said while lightly patting the girl's shoulders. He hoped to cheer Yoona up, he would always support the girl as she was one of his favorite students.

-

Jessica was returning contemporary art books back to the bookshelf, until she heard steps approaching her. She turned her head and was surprised when she saw the girl she was thinking about. Jessica's smile quickly rose, even though Yoona’s words really hurt her, she was still happy to see her, even though there wasn't a friendly expression on Yoona’s face.

However, Jessica was a positive thinker and hoped that the girl would regret what she said to her. Yoona handed Jessica the paper that Heechul gave her. "Look what you've done t

Please log in to read the full chapter