Chapter Twenty

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Donghae ran quickly with Jessica in his arms. Fortunately, many of the students were in class so there was no one in the corridor. Donghae violently kicked the classroom door and gently put Jessica on the desk. Then he opened her backpack, taking out some bandages and gauze and opened them in a hurry. He breathed a sigh or relief when he brought a plastic bag with him and gave it to Jessica.

"Jess, spit it out," Donghae commanded and Jessica obeyed. She opened on the plastic and fresh blood oozed out of where she spat it out. Donghae gave her the gauze that he opened earlier. "Block the wound, I will go to the canteen. I'll be back as soon as I can," he said. Donghae immediately rushed towards the canteen and immediately opened the refrigerator door and took out the black bottle.

He always kept it there. Jiyong looked at him in surprise, because Donghae was so rushed, he didn't realize that he knocked a couple out of place. Once he was next to Jessica, Donghae opened the black bottle using a connecting device and the contents in a syringe. After he pulled the needle out, he replaced it with a cone shaped hood at the end of it.

Donghae carefully took the gauze out of Jessica's mouth, it was full of fresh blood. With his eyes narrowed, Donghae tried to look at the wound in Jessica's mouth, her inner cheek was still bleeding. Donghae had never felt so panicked in his life, but he tried to keep calm, especially when he had to aim the shot at the wound. His hands were shaking because he hadn't done it in a long time.

Donghae closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he was convincing himself that he could do it, he has been trained to do this for a long time. "Jess, hold on okay?" he asked. Donghae softly pressed the tip of the injection, gently spraying the medicine on the wound. Donghae watched the wound until her blood stopped flowing and sighed with relief.

Donghae handed the plastic bag back to Jessica, and immediately spit out the remaining blood that was in , while Donghae put all the medical equipment into their place and put them back in the bag. "Jess," Donghae called out loud, making Jessica jump a little. The guy stared into Jessica's eyes, his face hardened. "Don't do that ever again," he said emphatically.

Donghae looked so frustrated. Jessica's eyebrows fused sadly, she looked at Donghae regretfully. "I’m sorry Donghae," she said softly. Donghae's face softened, he shook his head vigorously when he brushed his hair with his fingers. He was so relieved that Jessica was fine, but he realized that everything happened because of his mistakes. He felt so careless and negligent in taking care of Jessica.

He hated himself for not being able to be firm and responsible, he felt so irresponsible and guilty. "You don't need to apologize, Jess. It's my fault," he said. Jessica looked at Donghae wistfully, she shook her head slightly. "No, you're mistaken, it's my fault. I want to be normal," she said. "You're special Jess, remember!" Donghae said. Jessica shook her head again, she stared at the floor while ignoring the throbbing of the cheeks.

"I don't want to be special. I want to be normal," she said. Donghae felt desperate, he shook his head again. Jessica's request to go to school was a disaster, he should have been able to convince Jessica to not play basketball. Jessica doesn't need to know the true effects of her actions, she should only know that she is special, no one should enter her circle.

"Okay,

Please log in to read the full chapter