Chapter Forty

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eight Years Later

"That's enough, thank you for listening to my presentation," Yoona said as she finished the presentation. After the students finished their presentations, they had a short discussion session with each other that lasted approximately sixty minutes. Yoona became the favorite speaker for the audience, because of her expertise in answering and delivering the material, she easily brought the audience to really enjoy the seminar.

In addition, she is also the youngest presenter among the other students. Everyone immediately got up and left the auditorium when the moderator ended the seminar. Yoona closed her book and shook hands with the other equally as great presenters. "Thank you for your presentation Miss Im. You are truly extraordinary," Doctor James said, he was an acquaintance of her lecturer back in Seoul.

He invited her to take part in an international health seminar in Vienna. Doctor James really liked Yoona because she was a smart and responsible student. Now she has finished medical school and is currently studying for her certification exam. "Thank you sir," Yoona answered, she smiled politely but she didn't really feel that great in her life.

"I have written a recommendation for you to attend the Paris Medical Convention," he said as she patted Yoona's shoulder, the corner of his lips pulled up and he had a proud look on his face. Yoona's eyes immediately widened, she stared at Doctor James in disbelief. "R-Really? The Paris Medical Convention? The most prestigious medical convention in the world?" she asked.

Doctor James nodded with a smile on his face. "Oh my god, thank you so much Doctor James. I really appreciate it," she said. "You deserve it," he said. Doctor James waved and stepped out of the room, followed by the other lecturers and doctors. Yoona stared at the man's back, until he disappeared from her sight. She breathed a sigh of relief, she was so happy. She felt so insecure a while ago, but now she felt like she was worth something now.

Yoona stood still for a moment and suddenly snapped out of her reverie. She left the auditorium because she didn't want people to think that she was strange. Now Yoona was going down the campus corridor which was crowded with students. She never expected that she would be a speaker at an international seminar held outside Korea. She had never imagined that, she only dreamed that she would become a doctor outside of Korea, but all of this happened.

Yoona was very grateful with all of the hard work that she was able to achieve. Ever since Jessica left without saying goodbye to her, she has been really serious about passing the college exam with the highest score but a couple of days later Heechul approached her and informed Yoona that one of the donors at school was interested in funding Yoona who wanted to study medicine.

Yoona didn't waste the opportunity, she stopped the process of entering the education program and changed towards the medical program. Ever since her parents died, she no longer dared to dream about becoming a real doctor, but when Heechul approached her with the good news, the passion to make her dreams come true became stronger.

After studying diligently and trying her best to produce satisfying results, Yoona graduated quickly and became the pride of the professors along with Donghae and Irene. However, on the day of her graduation, she learned that the donor who helped her was none other than Mr. Jung. Yoona found that out from Donghae, he told her the day that she met with Mr. Jung.

When Mr. Jung saw the sincerity of Yoona, he finally decided to finance her until she could become a successful doctor. Finally her dream of becoming a doctor came true and she couldn't be happier. Now Yoona is currently eyeing the students in the university because of a special someone that she knew that she wanted to share her future with. "Yoona," someone said.

She turned around and found Seolhyun, Taeyeon's cousin, stepping forward while carrying a brown paper bag. If Yoona wasn't familiar with the girl, she never would have known that she was a medical lecturer. Her style wasn't inferior to the other university students who wore torn pants and denim jackets. She always thought that she was an art teacher. "Congratulations! You got accepted in the convention!" Seolhyun said.

"How did you know?" a confused Yoona asked. "Well I talked to Doctor James. He said that when he met you, you'd become his prized possession. Even though you didn't say anything, Doctor James prepared everything for your amazing future," she said. "Wow, I didn't expect that. Thank you for telling me Seolhyun," Yoona replied with a shy smile. "Oh yeah, how about we party this weekend?" Seolhyun asked.

"Sorry, but I have a date?" Yoona said and Seolhyun's eyes widened. "What?! You have a date? With who?!" Seolhyun asked, but Yoona didn't answer right away. She just smiled, her head was filled with all the plans she had set for a certain girl. "Hello? Are you in there?" Seolhyun said while waving her hand in front of Yoona's face. "I guess you have a date with a gorgeous princess. You look so love struck," Seolhyun said.

Yoona chuckled, she was ashamed of herself, but Seolhyun was right. "Yes that's right. What's wrong with it? It's not against the law," Yoona said and walked away from Seolhyun. "Yay! You're finally dating someone!" Seolhyun shouted shamelessly, making several people around her stare in surprise. Yoona was walking away while shaking her head, she was acting as if she didn't recognize the girl. She only had one step left until she had the perfect future.

Yoona walked into the courtyard of a building with classical architecture. She stopped in front of the wall that read the Vienna University of Arts. She finally managed to gather the courage to come to the place where the person she loved and missed was located. Yoona watched her surroundings, several students were spending their time by chatting with each other. Some of them wore stylish clothes and others had disheveled ones.

After sighing and trying to calm her nervousness, she stepped into the campus and looked around. Inside the building, every wall and every corner had a piece of artwork. The design of the building was also luxurious and unique, there were parts of the building that were designed in a minimal and modern style. There were also other spaces in classic design and contemporary decoration.

She always thought that art students had it easy, however there were many panicked students who were carrying art equipment. There were also many ambitious people who were working on their assignments. Yoona decided to sit on a sofa near the window in the lobby of the Arts Department. She continued to pay attention to the art students. Not only was there fine arts, there also offer so many types of art such as music, fashion design, and architecture.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter