Chapter Thirty Six

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taeyeon walked down the corridor. As usual, she would always visit Jessica in her room, she was always by her side. Jessica's family and Donghae knew about what she was doing, they didn't mind it at all. Taeyeon stared at the bunch of red daisies in her hand and smiled, her new hobby was replacing the flowers in Jessica's room ever since she was hospitalized there.

Suddenly, the door of the room opened before Taeyeon could do it. A tall girl appeared and had the same expression that Taeyeon had. Her cold eyes suddenly lit up when she recognized the girl. "Taeyeon," the girl softly said. "Yuri," Taeyeon said happily. "Wow unnie, it's nice to see you again," she replied and hugged Taeyeon tightly. Taeyeon was still shocked with Yuri's appearance, but she returned the hug.

"You're so hot," Taeyeon said while praising Yuri's appearance. Yuri chuckled. "Jessica's been getting prettier," she replied. "How long have you been here?" Taeyeon asked and Yuri smiled sweetly. "Last night, I came here as fast as I could. I missed Jessica so much and I felt worried that she had a serious injury for an accident. It drove me crazy and I couldn't do the exam," Yuri explained.

Taeyeon smiled faintly, she could feel how Yuri would look at Jessica and she felt somewhat uncomfortable with that. "So you decided to do the exam early?" Taeyeon asked. "Yeah, the school is owned by my father's friend," Yuri said and glanced at the daisies in Taeyeon's hand. "Wow, those flowers are so pretty, are you putting them in Jessica's room?" Yuri asked and Taeyeon nodded.

"But those flowers are still good, are you sure you want to change them?" Yuri asked. "Yeah, I deliberately change it every two days," Taeyeon said and Yuri smiled. "Oh okay, I'm going to go to the canteen to get milk," Yuri said goodbye while grinning like a child. Taeyeon also responded with a smile, she felt that Yuri hasn't changed, she was the same cute Yuri.

After Yuri left, Taeyeon entered Jessica's room, her eye caught the figure of the girl whose back was facing Taeyeon while she was looking outside. Taeyeon slowly walked and began to replace the daisies in the vase with the flowers that she was holding. Suddenly her eyes caught something that she thought was interesting. There was a small picture frame placed on the nightstand near the flower vase.

The photo was a picture of Jessica with her classmates before she left the school. Taeyeon smiled sadly as she looked at Jessica's expression that looked happy, but you could see how unhappy she was. She raised her hand to take the picture frame but she stopped when a voice interrupted her. "How long have you been hiding it?" Jessica asked her.

Taeyeon flinched and immediately turned to the source of the sound. Apparently Jessica was staring at her intently. She smiled thinly when she saw a shocked Taeyeon, it was like she was caught doing something bad. "Why are you secretly giving me these flowers?" Jessica asked her. Taeyeon was unable to answer, couldn't move, but she just kept staring into Jessica's calm eyes.

"Taeyeon be honest with me," Jessica said again, now she is facing her while leaning on the headboard. "What do you mean Jessica?" Taeyeon asked, she couldn't understand what she meant. Jessica didn't answer, she just stared at the girl she considered a friend a long time ago. "Please be honest with me. Do you like me?" she asked her. Taeyeon instantly froze, she never knew that Jessica would find out, she felt very bad.

This whole time, no one knew about her feelings for Jessica except for her father, however everything that's hidden will also be discovered. "How do you know?" she asked the girl. Jessica pointed to the daisies in the vase. "You gave me those flowers. You introduced them to me and then they became my favorite flowers," Jessica said as she smiled sweetly, she was happy.

"I never knew the meaning behind the flowers that you would give to me, but now I understand why you always give me red daisies," she said. Taeyeon's eyebrows raised, she began to feel angry and a little uncomfortable, but she tried to put on a poker face and have a calm attitude. "Those flowers," Jessica said as she paused her sentence for a moment. 

"Has meaning, you chose the red daisy, because the flower is a symbol of sincerity and quiet love," she said as she swallowed the lump in . Taeyeon didn't respond, she carefully chose the flowers that she gave to Jessica. Those flowers were a representative of her feelings for Jessica. While she was busy daydreaming, Taeyeon felt something warm and heavy on her body.

The scent of strawberry invaded her senses, it was a fragrance that she secretly loved. Jessica was hugging Taeyeon tightly. "Why did you hide it? Why didn't you tell me?" Jessica asked softly. Taeyeon hugged her back and smiled a little. "Because you're my best friend, I didn't want to ruin everything because of my feelings. Anyways, you still love the girl you intend to marry," Taeyeon said as she chuckled, but Jessica didn't find it funny, she saw how hurt Taeyeon was.

"I’m sorry, but I can't

Please log in to read the full chapter