Chapter Forty One (SC)

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Come on Yoongie, we have to be there quickly!" Jessica exclaimed as she ran into the airport lobby. Yoona laughed at Jessica's silliness and watched the girl intently. "I'm coming Sica!" Yoona said as she followed her. "Did you call them?" Jessica asked Yoona as they sat in a cafe, drinking their hot chocolate. "Yes Sica, they will be here in about thirty minutes," Yoona said. "Thirty minutes! That's too long!" Jessica whined as she rested her head on the table.

"Don't worry, it won't be that long," Yoona said as she patted Jessica's head. "By the way, can you show me some of your drawings?" she asked Jessica while taking her sketchbook out of Jessica's backpack. "Okay, fine," Jessica muttered as she took the sketchbook from Yoona's hands. "Ugh, these are so ugly!" Jessica exclaimed while skimming through the pages of her sketchbook. "I hate these so much!" she muttered while putting her head back on the table.

While Jessica was sulking over how bad her drawings were, Yoona stole the notebook from Jessica's hands and started looking at all of her drawings. "Wow, these are amazing! What are you talking about?" Yoona exclaimed, her eyes widening at a particularly beautiful landscape. "Which one?" Jessica asked as she raised her head from the table. Then her eyes widened when she realized which piece it was. "No! That one is awful!" she exclaimed.

"What do you mean? This is gorgeous!" Yoona said, still looking at the paper. "No it's not," Jessica replied. "Fine, if you don't want it, then I'll take it," Yoona said. "Is it really that good?" Jessica asked and Yoona nodded while smiling. "Of course, it reminds me of you. What is it supposed to be?" Yoona asked. "It was supposed to be Switzerland. I've always wanted to go there," she said. "Well this drawing is way better than Switzerland. I went there for a medical convention," Yoona said.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?" Jessica whined as she playfully hit Yoona's shoulder. "Because it was a while ago, now can I have the drawing?" Yoona asked. "Do you love it that much?" Jessica asked and Yoona nodded. "Okay, here you go," Jessica said and handed the paper to Yoona. "I love you," said Yoona. "I love you too," Jessica replied while staring at her sketchbook anxiously. "Do you think they'll like it?" she asked. 

"Come on, of course Taeyeon, Donghae, and Irene will love the drawings you made them," Yoona said, she knew that Jessica was extremely worried. She spent almost all of her time drawing pictures for their friends. "I hope I can see Yuri again. I have even made a drawing for her," Jessica muttered, but she caught a frown on Yoona's face. "Don't be sad Yoongie, she might have been my first, but you will always be the love of my life," Jessica said proudly. 

Yoona smiled with Jessica's sweet words and kissed her hand. Jessica grinned in return. "I just miss her, we were so close back then," she said. "Don't worry, hopefully she'll be back," Yoona replied. Suddenly, Jessica's phone rang, jumping them out of their thoughts. Donghae was calling them. "Hi Donghae!" Jessica said enthusiastically. Donghae chuckled on the other line, his friend was always super cheerful. "Hi Jess, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, now when are you coming?" Jessica replied. "Actually, we're here," Donghae said and Jessica looked outside. She was shocked when she saw Donghae's car outside. She immediately grabbed her suitcase and ran outside with Yoona following her from behind. "Jessica, where are we going?" she asked. "Donghae is here!" Jessica exclaimed as she stopped running and turned around to face her. "Come on, let's go together," Yoona replied as she took Jessica's hand with hers.

"You must be very excited to see Donghae," Yoona remarked and Jessica smiled. "Yes, he's like my brother. Don't you miss Irene?" Jessica said. "Yeah. It's been a while since we last saw them," Yoona said with a nostalgic look on her face. Their thoughts were interrupted when they heard a loud honking noise. "Oh, that's Donghae!" Yoona exclaimed and they immediately rushed towards the car.

"Donghae!" Jessica yelled and ran towards the man who was opening the car door. "Jess!" Donghae said and hugged his close friend. "I missed you," he murmured. "I missed you too," Jessica replied. Yoona smiled when she saw Donghae and Jessica together, they were the cutest best friends she has ever seen. "Yoona!" Irene exclaimed as she left the car and ran into Yoona's arms. "Hi, did you miss me?" Yoona asked her younger sister

. "Yeah, I missed you a lot. Oh, by the way, I have to introduce you to Kibum!" Irene said. "Who is Kibum?" Yoona asked, she was very confused with Irene's words. Suddenly, a loud noise inside of the car broke her thoughts. Irene smiled when she saw how confused her sister was and she opened the door, revealing a small baby boy who was crying. "Oh, no. Kibummie, don't cry," Irene said as she started Kibum's black hair until he stopped crying.

"Mommy loves you so much!" she whispered and kissed Kibum's face so much that he started laughing, ignoring her sister's face of shock. "You have a son?" Yoona asked. "Yeah, his name is Kibum and he is nine months old," Irene said while tickling Kibum's tummy. "Wait, so you did it with him?" Yoona said with her eyes widened. Irene laughed when she saw how Yoona reacted and smiled when she saw Donghae look at them with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, how else do you make babies?" Irene asked while glancing at Donghae's shocked face. Donghae immediately blushed and turned towards the trunk of the car. "Donghae, why is your face so red? Could you possibly be blushing?" Jessica asked. "No, it's just hot outside," Donghae replied while trying to hide his face from Jessica, because he knew that she would . "By the way, where is Mr. Jung?" Donghae asked.

"Oh, he'll be back soon, he's in Greece right now for a business trip," Jessica replied. "Oh, when will he come back?" Donghae asked. "In a couple of weeks, maybe a month. It depends," Jessica said. "Come on, let's go in the car," Jessica said as she walked towards the car door and Donghae immediately followed. "Come on guys, let's go," Jessica told Yoona and Irene. They nodded and sat in the car.

Donghae sat behind the wheel, Irene was in the passenger seat, and Jessica and Yoona were in the back. However, Jessica shrieked with who she saw a small angel in the back seat. "Oh my gosh, is that Kibum? He's so cute!" she said and squealed. "Yes he is. isn't he adorable?" Donghae replied with a smile on his face. "Yes! He's the cutest angel in the world!" Jessica said while gently pinching his cheeks. "Hey, what about me?" Yoona asked while pouting.

"Don't worry, you're cute too," Jessica replied, but still kept her attention on Kibum. Irene and Donghae chuckled with Yoona's antics, they realized how cute Yoona and Jessica were as a couple. They were truly in love, just like they were. Jessica occupied herself by playing with Kibum. She immediately poked his nose, making him laugh.  "Aish, you're so cute. Who would have known that you are Donghae's son?" Jessica asked him. "Hey! I'm very handsome, you know," Donghae retorted. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Jessica mumbled, but kept playing with Kibum. Yoona smiled when she saw Jessica play happily with Kibum, maybe that's how they would be when they get married and adopt a child. Then she unconsciously glanced at the small red box in her pocket, she considered proposing to Jessica today. She already got her blessings from Mr. Jung and Donghae helped her plan everything out.

She just can't wait to take the next step and propose to Jessica, because she is sure that she wants her to be in her life. Irene looked behind her and gasped when she saw Yoona staring at the box in her hand. She could clearly tell that her sister was going to propose to Jessica with a Cartier ring, Irene smiled at the thought. Yoona really has good taste.

They were silent for a while, even Kibum fell asleep and Yoona occupied herself by playing with Jessica's hand by tracing the lines on her palm. Suddenly Yoona realized that Jessica was struggling to keep her eyes open, so she put Jessica's head on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Go to sleep, I'll wake you up," Yoona whispered while her hair. Jessica nodded and slowly closed her eyes before going to sleep.

Once she fell asleep, Yoona immediately smiled before turning towards Donghae. "Donghae," she said. "Yes?" Donghae replied. "Will Yuri be there?" Yoona asked with scorn in her voice. Donghae sighed before turning to Yoona. "Don't worry about it. Yuri has already moved on," he said. "What?!" Yoona exclaimed, making Jessica stir in her sleep. "Oh, sorry Sica," Yoona murmured and gently placed Jessica's head on her lap while lightly massaging her scalp with her hand.

"What do you mean she moved on?" Yoona asked. "Yes, after Jessica went to Austria, Yuri also went back to London, and she met her new girlfriend," Donghae said. "Really?" Yoona asked, she was shocked. "Yeah, we will meet her today. Don't be intimidated by her Yoona, she even helped us prepare your wedding proposal," Donghae said and Yoona's jaw dropped. "Yeah, trust me. Yuri knows that Jessica loves you a lot and she even found her true love.

She's even getting married to her girlfriend in a week and she really wants you guys to be there, so she can make amends with you guys," he explained and Yoona smiled. "Yeah, I hope I can get to know her better. Besides, Jessica also misses her close friend a lot," Yoona said as she stared at Jessica's angelic sleeping face. "Yeah, we will see her soon. She's actually in the house right now," Irene added.

"By the way, how has your relationship been, now that you have a child?" Yoona asked. "It's great, Donghae and Kibum are the cutest," Irene said and immediately kissed Donghae's cheek. "And by the way, don't tell me that you haven't done Jessica before, because I know that you have," Irene immediately added. Yoona immediately looked away to hide her red face, but she failed miserably, because Donghae and Irene started teasing her.

"Okay, so are you ready for your proposal?" Irene asked. "Maybe," Yoona replied. "What do you mean maybe? You either propose to her or you don't," Irene replied. "Well, I don't know if it is good enough. Jessica deserves the best, but I don't know if my proposal will be memorable enough," Yoona said. "Yoona, you can be so dumb sometimes. Jessica won't care about where you will propose to her, it just matters that you do it as sincerely as you can," Irene replied. 

"Yeah, you're right. Well, how did Donghae propose to you?" Yoona asked and Irene immediately chuckled when she recalled her past memories. "Actually, I proposed to him," she said. "What, really? What happened?" Yoona asked. "Oh, it's a long story, but I'll tell it to you," Donghae said, but Irene immediately cut her off. "No Donghae, let me tell her," Irene said and Donghae immediately shivered. "Why are you so nervous Donghae, is there something that we shouldn't know?" Yoona teased.

"No, there isn't," Donghae said as he playfully glared at Irene. "Whatever, now let me speak," Irene replied. "So pretty much, Donghae was acting like you are right now and didn't have the guts to propose to me, so I decided to buy a ring and propose to him instead because I got fed up with trying to wait for him to do it," Irene explained. "Wait, how did you know that Donghae was planning to propose to you?" Yoona asked, she was very intrigued with the story that Irene was telling her.

"Well, Donghae is very bad at hiding things, he literally hid the ring in a shoebox!" Irene explained and broke out into laughter when she saw how Donghae covered his face from embarrassment. Yoona giggled when she noticed how cute the couple was, Donghae was truly the perfect man for her sister. "Wait, so what happened after you found out?" Yoona immediately asked.

"Well, I took him on a date a couple days later, and then I got down on one knee and proposed. However, he was shocked and told me to stand up. Apparently, he wanted to propose to me at the same time," Irene said nonchalantly. "Then what happened?" Yoona replied. "I forced him to stand up and then we got engaged on the beach," Irene said as she smiled while recalling those beautiful memories.

"So you see, Jessica doesn't care about how you propose to her, she just wants you to stay by her side to the end," Donghae explained. Yoona nodded and smiled when she saw Jessica sleeping comfortably in her lap. She lightly her perfectly sculpted face and chuckled when Jessica nuzzled her face into her stomach. "You guys seem to be very comfortable with each other. Now tell me, how many times have you guys had ?" Irene asked.

"Irene!" Yoona exclaimed, she was in horror with her sister's words, but she was blushing because of the subject. Actually, Yoona and Jessica haven't had yet, because they wanted to do it after marriage. However, Yoona could admit that she has had very dirty minded thoughts about them possibly having , but the farthest they've gone is making out. "What? Come on, we're older than we used to be, now can you answer the question?" Irene asked.

"Why are you so interested in their lives? Are you that deprived?" Donghae asked and Irene immediately burst into laughter. "No, I'm just genuinely curious. It's been over ten years since we last saw them," Irene said.  "You are so dirty minded, but I still love you," Donghae said as he played with Irene's hair. "Well, I love you too," Irene replied and quickly kissed Donghae's lips. "By the way, we're almost here, so you should wake Jessica up," Donghae said while glancing at his friend.

 Yoona nodded and started patting Jessica's shoulder and playing with her ear. "Wake up," Yoona whispered, but Jessica wouldn't budge, she even snuggled closer to her.  "Sica, wake up," she said and lightly shook her body, so that she would wake up. After a while, Jessica's eyes finally opened and smiled when Yoona's face was the first thing she saw. "I'm sorry that I woke you up, but I had to," Yoona said. "It's fine, I can't sleep forever," Jessica replied while rubbing her eyes.

"Are you excited to meet Taeyeon and Yuri again?" Yoona asked. Jessica smiled and nodded happily. "I miss my friends," she replied. "Yeah, I can't wait to know Yuri better," Yoona said as she played with Jessica's locks while her head stayed on her lap. "Don't worry, Yuri is a very good person. She probably didn't like you because of what happened in the past, but she has moved on and you guys will probably be very good friends," Jessica said.

"Guys, we're here," Donghae finally said, breaking the comfortable silence between the four of them. Jessica smiled happily and clapped her hands like a seal after she unbuckled her seat belt and got off of Yoona's lap.  "Come, let's go together," Yoona said as she laced their fingers together. Jessica smiled when Donghae opened the door for them and Yoona kissed Jessica's cheek. They stared at the extremely grand house in front of them when they got out of the car.

Please log in to read the full chapter