Chapter Sixteen

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona quickly walked as fast as she could, and Jessica followed her. As usual, during break time, they both went to the library. Yoona tried to avoid Jessica many times by pretending to look for a book, but it seems like Jessica was very determined to be with her. The annoyed Yoona suddenly stopped making Jessica bump into her back. "What's wrong Jessica?" Yoona said as she turned around.

"I want to talk," Jessica said and Yoona sighed. "Jessica, do you understand what you said last time?" she asked. "I understand and realized that already, but that's not what I want to talk about. I said I like you," Jessica said stubbornly. Yoona sighed as she tilted her head and closed her eyes for a moment. She looked at Jessica for a moment and looked around, the library was very quiet.

"What's wrong with you?" Yoona asked. "I should have asked you that before," Jessica said pursing her lips and returning Yoona's gaze. "Why do you keep avoiding me?" she asked. Ever since Donghae and Jessica left their apartment, Yoona had been intending to avoid Jessica. Jessica would always initiate the greetings. Yoona couldn't even look Jessica in the eyes anymore, even in their science class.

Yoona gulped and prepared to answer. "Jessica, I am not the same as you," she said. Jessica narrowed her eyes, because she couldn't understand. "What?" she asked. "We are like heaven and earth, get it? Anyways, what you feel is wrong. You shouldn't like me," Yoona said. For a few moments, Jessica could only stare at Yoona, while Yoona did her best to look away. "So how different are we?" Jessica muttered. 

Yoona turned around and looked at Jessica, who was still standing in the same place. "How different are we?" Jessica asked with her eyes glaring at Yoona. "So we can't unite, like that?" she said. "Yes, we won't be able to unite because it's wrong," Yoona said. "So that's what your brain says, but what does your heart say?" she asked. Yoona flinched when she heard Jessica's question.

Jessica has never said anything like this before, Yoona definitely didn't expect it. Jessica was supposed to be a girl tthat had very few thoughts and they would usually be very simple and stupid. "I..," Yoona said and she gulped. "I don't have time to date, anyways I would want an independent girl like me not a spoiled girl like you," Yoona said and left, not wanting to know how Jessica would react. Jessica stared blankly while Yoona departed.

She couldn't reply because she lost her words. Then unknowingly, tears managed to come out of her eyes, Jessica felt so horrible on the inside. Yoona slowly closed the library door for a few moments. She felt sorry for giving an answer like that and just leaving, but else was she supposed to end the conversation that she had been avoiding the whole time. Someone tapped her shoulder when Yoona was about to leave the library.

Yoona turns around and finds Taeyeon smiling at her. "Yoona I want to say something," she said. "What do you want to say?" Yoona asked with an expressionless face. "Let's talk about something but not here," Taeyeon said and pulled Yoona's arm away from there, while Yoona let herself get pulled by Taeyeon. Taeyeon took Yoona up several flights of stairs. Soon, they arrived at the roof of the building.

"How come you haven't been here before?" Taeyeon asked while watching Yoona who seemed to be enjoying the cold breeze. "Is this your secret place where you rest?" Yoona asked as she slowly walked over to the guardrail and leaned on it. "Well, not really. Sometimes I come here when I am too lazy to go to the canteen," Taeyeon said and joined Yoona. "What did you want to say by the way?" Yoona asked Taeyeon.

For a moment, Taeyeon was silent. She looked straight ahead while folding her hands and her hair fluttering in the breeze. "I, accidentally ov

Please log in to read the full chapter