Chapter Seven

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona looked away, because she didn't know how to respond to the girl beside her. The other students were amazed with what Jessica said. "This place is really amazing, do you always come here?" she asked, making everyone stare at her. Yoona forced herself to look the other way, but she couldn't because her eyes were more interested in returning the girl's gaze. "Yeah," Yoona replied. Jessica smiled again.

"Then I will come here too!" she said with twinkling eyes, not noticing Yoona's change in expression as well as the two students. She just felt really happy and comfortable in the library, it's better than playing on the iPad all day. Yoona looked to her left side, Jessica decided to draw in her sketchbook. Jessica's luscious brown hair drifted over the side of her ears, making Yoona want to tuck her hair back. Jessica really kept her promise that she wouldn't disturb Yoona.

Yoona would get really uncomfortable when Jessica would watch her, but she enjoyed watching Jessica do the simplest things. Also during that time, the two girls left their seats. Yoona was sure it was because they wanted to get a glimpse of Donghae outside. Since Jessica was there, Yoona couldn't focus on writing her notes. Jessica's movements were either supporting her chin or tucking her hair behind her ears, but it messed up her focus.

Yoona is trying to take a deep breath and pretend that Jessica wasn't with her, but it has been impossible. Yoona got up from her seat, she was annoyed with the fact that she can't concentrate. She needed to go somewhere away from Jessica, otherwise she would go insane. "Where are you going?" Jessica asked. "I'm going to go get a different book," Yoona replied so that Jessica won't go with her.

Jessica could only believe Yoona's words, she nodded a little and then proceeded to finish drawing her flower vase. She had to finish it as soon as possible, before her late mother's birthday. Meanwhile, Yoona hurriedly ran over to the back of one of the shelves, away from everyone. Yoona was finally able to breathe freely, she decided to sit on the floor, she didn't know what to do.

The problem was that whenever Jessica followed her around, her heart felt heavy for some reason, like she was doing something she shouldn't. Yoona knows that the purpose of school isn't to goof around, it is to seek knowledge, but she has another goal. She wants to prove that rich people can't buy everything. Yoona will not let Jessica block her way to accomplish her goals.

-

Outside of the library, Donghae had no choice but to wait for Jessica, he spent his time playing with his cell phone or watching the birds outside. Donghae was eager to visit different places, but he knew he couldn't, he must always stay close to Jessica. Donghae was suddenly thirsty, he wanted to go to the canteen but he knew he couldn't because of the same reason, so he decided to send Jessica a message telling her that he would be in the canteen if she needed him.

After the message was sent, he left for the canteen with a couple of girls quietly following behind him. To be honest, Donghae felt bored whenever he had to stay next to Jessica, he didn't have enough time for himself. However, Jessica is in the library and Donghae thought it was safe enough. Donghae was relieved that he didn't have to take care of her.

Jiyong, the janitor smiled when he saw Donghae suddenly coming in, and noticed something odd. "Where's Jessica?" he asked. He was a little bit surprised when he saw Donghae was alone and he was relaxed. Whenever Donghae would come to the canteen, his expression always looked like he was in a hurry or worried that Jessica had been alone for too long. "She's in the library Jiyong," he replied.

When Donghae was about to fetch mineral water, his face turned tense. "Jiyong, did anyone open this?" Donghae asked, holding a black steel water bottle. Jiyong looked nervous, but he kept smiling at Donghae. "Well, there was a student who was about to open it but I immediately prevented it from happening," he said. Donghae immediately took the bottle and opened the lid impatiently and breathed a sigh of relief, everything was how he left it earlier.

"I'm sorry the canteen was a little bit crowded, so I was a little bit off guard," Jiyong said with a tone of regret. Closing the bottle tightly, Donghae smiled rigidly at the man. "It's okay," he said. Jiyong nodded again, and then excused himself to continue his work. Donghae took the opportunity to rearrange the contents of the refrigerator. He put the bottle in the back corner and covered it with a bunch of soda bottles.

He definitely didn't regret coming to the canteen. "Jiyong, I've sold so much bread today!" somebody exclaimed. Donghae closed the fridge when he heard a girl's voice, then his gaze clashed with a simple girl holding a bread basket. The girl's eyes instantly widened, like she had seen a ghost. Irene was so surprised to find Donghae in the cafeteria, that she dropped all of the bread on the floor.

Irene immediately began picking up the bread, cursing herself for being so embarrassed. While her hands were busy picking up the bread, Irene saw another pair of hands helping her. Irene raised her head and Donghae was crouching in front of her, helping her pick up the bread. Aware that Irene stopped picking the bread up, Donghae raised his head and looked at Irene in confusion. "What?" Donghae asked in confusion.

"No need to bother sir," she replied, picking the bread up from Donghae's hands. Irene felt strange when Donghae's hands touched hers, it made her feel really uncomfortable. "Be careful Rene," Jiyong commented when he saw Irene's behavior. "Your bread has sold sixty thousand won?" he asked and Irene nodded with a smile.

Please log in to read the full chapter