Chapter Thirty Three

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was ten, it had been two hours since Jessica had gone to surgery. Yoona was still faithfully waiting outside the hospital room. She had never felt so frightened and tense in her life. The CT scan results showed that Jessica had internal bleeding and Donghae was in another room. The man was resting after he donated his blood. Yoona was in deep thought through the quiet night.

Even though she isn't an expert, she knows that operating on people with blood disorders like Jessica is extremely difficult. It is extremely difficult and the patient can lose even more blood because of open wounds, especially when they are near the brain which is the center of the nervous system. Yoona was sincerely worried and hated herself for causing Jessica pain.

The brightest star will be the first to die.

For a moment, Yoona recalled the painful sentence that she said to Jessica. She thought it was an ordinary sentence, but those words had a powerful influence on Jessica's feelings. The feeling of regret filled her chest. Yoona was about to put her fist on the forehead, but she realized that Jessica's cellphone was still in her hand. Yoona stared at the photo that was on the lock screen, it was the photo that they took in the garden.

In the photo, no one sincerely smiled, everyone looked annoyed and their smiles were forced because they thought that the picture wasn’t important. She realized what happened and why Jessica asked for the photo that day. "Yoona," someone said. Yoona slowly turned and saw Irene beside her, she was staring at her with an anxious look.

Before long, Irene's eyes widened when she noticed that Yoona's uniform was full of blood stains. "Yoona," Irene said as she knelt in front of Yoona who was blankly staring at the floor. "What's wrong with you, are you okay?" she asked while touching Yoona's back. "This is Jessica's blood," Yoona murmured, her heart felt even more painful when she said the girl's name.

Please log in to read the full chapter