Chapter Ten

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona scoffed when she looked at the watch that was encircling her wrist, it seems like they will never get back to the apartment. Again, after they walked only a few meters from their apartment, Jessica stopped for the second time. Suddenly, she was worried about Jessica because she was walking slower and slower. Yoona stopped and paid attention to the sidewalk that was going upwards. Without hesitating she walked ahead of Jessica, then stopped right in front of the girl.

Jessica stopped, her red face staring at Yoona. "Up," Yoona said as she crouched in front of Jessica. "Huh?" Jessica said. "I don't want you to pass out while going up this incline," Yoona said honestly. "Hurry up," urged Yoona, who was holding back her racing heartbeat. Jessica stared at Yoona's back for a long time, and nervously began to climb on her back and wrap her arms around Yoona's neck. 

The next second, Yoona immediately stood up to continue their journey home in silence. The two girls were busy with their thoughts and feelings. For Jessica, it felt like a dream, being carried by Yoona. She never wanted to leave Yoona's back. She became more relaxed, and was enjoying the position while she leaned her head against Yoona's shoulder and closed her eyes. 

-

Donghae was very anxious as he looked at his watch. He had arrived at Yoona's apartment an hour ago, but Jessica and Yoona hadn't arrived yet. Donghae took out his cell phone and tried to call Jessica's phone, but it kept going straight to voicemail. Donghae looked out the window, the sun was shining so brightly and he forgot to give Jessica an umbrella. Is the girl okay? Was Yoona taking her well?

Donghae regretted letting Jessica go with Yoona. "If you are so worried about her, why did you give her permission? Irene stood in front of Donghae while carrying two cups of warm drinks while looking at Donghae who was aware of her presence. "Why did you let Jessica go with Yoona, if that would make you so worried?" Irene asked again. "Jessica can get stressed very easily, especially if her wishes aren't obeyed," explained Donghae.

"I don't want that to happen to her," he said while not letting his eyes leave the window. Irene paused to digest Donghae's explanations, then she nodded even though she didn't really understand. Irene decided to put the two cups of tea on the table. "Donghae, have this daechu tea first," she said, making Donghae avert his gaze from the window. The boy turned to look at Irene who was sitting at the small table. "Daechu tea?" he repeated while looking at the tea.

He wasn't sure about drinking it, but the aroma of it was so intriguing. Donghae lifted up the small cup, then he sipped it. He thought it felt strange, because he never tasted it before, but it had a sweet taste which he enjoyed. "How is it?" Irene asked. "It's really tasty," Donghae said as he sipped his tea again. "What are the seeds in the tea?" Donghae asked curiously. "Oh it's jojoba fruit, the main ingredient for daechu tea," Irene answered.

"If you use ordinary tea, you prepare it using the buds of tea leaves. Also, it has many health benefits to it too. Besides being able to relax, the iron content is high, reducing fatigue," Irene said with a wide smile on her face. Donghae nodded in agreement, as Irene said, he felt very calm and relaxed. Maybe drinking warm drinks in the summer isn't that bad.  Donghae looked around the apartment while sitting on the carpet.

It was a very simple apartment, it was very narrow and minimalistic. Even though there wasn't much, Donghae had to admit that the two sisters were very neat, they managed to arrange the furniture without it looking too crowded. His eyes fixed on the picture frame on the wall. "There's only two of you?" he asked Irene, who was answered with a nod. "Then where are your parents?" he asked. Irene smiled when she heard his question.

"Our parents are dead, they died three years ago," she said. Donghae blinked for a moment, and regretted asking that. "Sorry, I didn't know," he said. Irene immediately shook her head. "It's okay," she said and got up. "I'm going to the kitchen, to prepare dinner," she said. "Prepare dinner?" he murmured. Donghae immediately hurried after her, but Irene already entered the kitchen. In silence, Donghae watched Irene who was washing the vegetables and tofu.

"You can cook?" Donghae asked, picking up a fallen vegetable. Irene turned, the girl was hopeless to see Donghae leaning against the door, staring at her. To be honest, Irene decided to come here to avoid staying with Donghae for a long time, but why did that guy follow her into the kitchen? "Can you?" she responded picking up the fallen ginseng and washing it again, she was trying to not care about the prince's whereabouts.

Donghae nodded with a smile, he didn't expect it, it was because he never remembered his mother doing the cooking. Seeing a woman cook was a new experience for him, it was interesting to note. "You usually cook by yourself?" Donghae asked. "Yes," Irene paused her sentence for a moment. "Since my mom passed away, Yoona and I cook interchangeably on different days, it helps us to save money," Irene explained. "Oh, Yoona can cook also?" he asked.

This ti

Please log in to read the full chapter