Chapter Twenty Six

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene had finished taking a shower and approached Yoona who was reading a chemistry book. "Yoona!" Irene exclaimed to her sister. Yoona raised her head from the book and looked at Irene who was holding a brown envelope. "This is the change from Junho. Can you give the money to Donghae?" asked Irene.

Yoona immediately remembered the incident a couple of months ago when Donghae paid Junho their rent because they couldn't afford it at the time. Apparently, the man encountered severe financial trouble, so he needed the money earlier. Yoona said nothing and put the envelope inside of her bag. "Yoona?" Irene asked when she noticed that her sister went back to reading her book. Irene hesitantly decided to ask Yoona a question.

"What happened to you and Jessica?" she asked her. "Don't talk about it," Yoona flatly said and slammed her book shut. Irene nodded, she was frightened with the way Yoona was acting right now. She was also extremely confused because Donghae said that Yoona was able to accept his presence. "What about you? Are you still with him?" Yoona asked and Irene shook her head.

Yoona nodded her head, keeping her eyes on the book. "That's good, we should have never been involved with them," said Yoona. Irene looked at her sister in shock. She realized that Yoona and Jessica were no longer together. Irene wanted to ask Yoona something, but her sister glared at her, preventing her from saying anything. Irene felt that Yoona was becoming distant again.

The sound of the doorbell distracted Irene from her thoughts and she walked to open the front door. "Hello," Taeyeon greeted as she came inside the apartment. "Hi," Irene greeted her, she was surprised but she was happy to see Taeyeon. "Hey, I bought dumplings!" said Taeyeon while giving Irene a plastic bag to Irene. "Wow, thank you so much!" said Irene. "No problem, I bought it at a restaurant. Is your sister here?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah," Irene responded as she went into the kitchen. Taeyeon immediately went to the living room where she found Yoona reading a book. Taeyeon smiled slightly and sat next to Yoona, she propped her chin to watch her read a chemistry book. Yoona didn't even notice her presence until Taeyeon spoke. "Wow, you're so interested in that book. You didn't even know that I was here," said Taeyeon.

Yoona quickly turned around and found Taeyeon smiling at her. Yoona's eyes immediately narrowed when she saw the girl. "What are you doing here?" she asked her. "I wanted to see you guys," said Taeyeon. "Thanks but I'm fine," said Yoona and resumed reading her book. "Don't force it. I know you don't want to read that book," Taeyeon said.

Yoona turned to look at Taeyeon in confusion. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "You can't concentrate on that book. You absolutely despise chemistry," said Taeyeon in a matter of fact tone. Yoona chuckled, she was annoyed. "Why did you come if you are just going to be annoying?" she asked. Taeyeon sighed, she didn't know why the girl was acting this way.

"Look, I don't care if you think I'm a nuisance, but I don't want you to get stressed out, because of your anger," said Taeyeon in a calm tone. Yoona was silent, she didn't want to admit that Taeyeon was right. "Do you need some fresh air?" Taeyeon asked when Yoona closed the book. Yoona froze for a moment, she was contemplating whether she should go or not.  Soon, she stood up and went to get a hoodie from her closet.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon smiled sideways and followed Yoona to the dining room. "Where are you guys going?" Irene asked as she carried the dumplings that Taeyeon had given them. Yoona and Taeyeon looked back at her. "We're going to eat the wind," Taeyeon replied lightly, making Yoona laugh but Irene looked at them in confusion. "We're going outside," Yoona clarified and Irene nodded.

-

Soon, the two girls went outside, they decided to walk to the park that wasn't far from Yoona's apartment. They also saw a small convenience store and decided to buy some beverages. "Here is some ramune for you," Taeyeon said and handed the soda to the cold faced Yoona. "It's delicious in the summer time. Usually, these are only sold in Japan," Taeyeon said.

Yoona just stared at the cute soda bottle in front of her while Taeyeon was gulping her drink down. "Why is there a ball in it?" asked Yoona while looking at the beverage. "It's used to hold the carbonation," replied Taeyeon and Yoona nod

Please log in to read the full chapter